Options

Can anyone help me with Plusnet?

I've just ditched Orange for Plusnet - story as follows:

Thursday 26th June
Orange is disconnected so phoned Plusnet who advised me that my BB switch over is now complete so I can go ahead and start browsing.
Set up my DLink DSL2640B Wireless Router and connected no probs so went ahead and setup wirelessly on the PS3, about 10 minutes later DISCONNECT. Tried reboot, reinstall, different cables, filters etc so phoned Plusnet to report the fault, they ran some tests which came back OK.

Friday 27th June
Router is still showing no DSL light after leaving it on all night (as Plusnet advised).
9am tried an alternative router which connected fine so plugged wireless router back in and got connected on that also.
Was out for the day so tried it again late afternoon but once again no DSL light on the router, tried rebooting (turning in on then off again) and it worked for about 10 minutes before disconnecting again, tried alternate router and same problem.
Rang Plusnet who escalated the fault , they rang me back later and went through the router settings etc and found no problems so advised me to leave it a couple of days to settle and then ring back.

Saturday 28th June
Tried turning the router on whenever I was passing and DSL light was never once illuminated.

Sunday 29th June
Rang Plusnet and advised them of no change so they said they'd run more tests and be in touch. Advised them that I’ve tried two different routers, three different filters, different cables and also connecting from my PS3 rather than the computer and still nothing – I have now tried everything I can to fix it.

Later tried my alternative router again and got on-line for 5-10 mins then lost connection and nothing.

Any advice? It's starting to pee me off now, its like I've got occasional broadband that comes and goes.
The only thing I can think of is that when they switched me over from Orange LLU (Orange install there own wiring at the exchange) back to BT they've somehow messed something up.

Whats my next step? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PlusNet generally seem to be good at resolving problems, so I'm surprised that they haven't been able to help you yet.
    Apart from calling them again, my only other suggestion is to go to the PlusNet forum on ThinkBroad band (here) and see if you can get help there. PlusNet are generally good at responding to postings about problems on there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Hi there,

I work for PlusNet, in the Comms Team. It's us you'll see lurking around the ThinkBroadband forums, and our own Community site forums. :)

If you'd like to PM me your username, or a ticket ID from your account, I'd be happy to look into this further for you, as it does sound like you have an intermittent fault here.

Kind Regards
    Mand Beckett
    PlusNet Comms Team
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    As Plusnet are owned by BT, it's a shame they can't send an engineer round to take a look. Maybe in the future. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Hi there,

We can send an engineer out, and will do so if testing shows that to be necessary. :)

We try to eliminate as much as we can before booking an engineer as if the problem is found to be customer side the charges levied by BT Wholesale are pretty high for your standard residential customer (£144 + VAT).

Regards
    Mand Beckett
    PlusNet Comms Team
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    mbeckett wrote: »
    Hi there,

We can send an engineer out, and will do so if testing shows that to be necessary. :)

We try to eliminate as much as we can before booking an engineer as if the problem is found to be customer side the charges levied by BT Wholesale are pretty high for your standard residential customer (£144 + VAT).

Regards
    Mand Beckett
    PlusNet Comms Team

Thanks Mand but it seems to be working now - see my post over at plusnet:
    http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,66048.0.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    As Plusnet are owned by BT, it's a shame they can't send an engineer round to take a look. Maybe in the future. :)

all isp's can ask for an engineer to come out and check the line, regardless of who owns them. they will get the same level of service and response time from us no matter who they are. of course they have to pay us to do that.