Watchdog Daily 11am

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Looks like they've been reading here and are doing a daily version of the show.

Hopefully it won't be Watchdog Lite, as the main show is light enough.

But is it a good idea having a daily show as con men and dodgy deals are for life, not just for Christmas (or the series).

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    :eek: More comedy sketches :rolleyes:

One not to watch I think :yawn:
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to their report on tax avoidance by BBC presenters.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Sophie Raworth is presenting, so that's a good start. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was sad to see the elderly couple taken in by the cash for prizes scam.

The con man on the phone was scum. He even tried to carry on after being caught out. People like that are a waste of the earth's resources.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Sophie Raworth is presenting, so that's a good start. :)
    It was sad to see the elderly couple taken in by the cash for prizes scam.

The con man on the phone was scum. He even tried to carry on after being caught out. People like that are a waste of the earth's resources.

Well what a difference to the Anne R version

Sophie and the team were much better and watchable

I also felt sorry for the old coupel and annoyed that the scum con man could not be caught.

Some good info in the programme and, best of all, NO Rouge Traders segments
    Forum Member
    Oldbod wrote: »
    Well what a difference to the Anne R version

Sophie and the team were much better and watchable

I also felt sorry for the old coupel and annoyed that the scum con man could not be caught.

Some good info in the programme and, best of all, NO Rouge Traders segments

My watch this tomorrow then :)
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it and it makes such a change after the plethora of programmes with Rav Wilding presenting them! I see there is yet another one at 9.15!
  • Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    The BBC used to have a show called The Really Useful Show with Chris Choy that was a daily consumer type show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    My watch this tomorrow then :)

It is a bit of Watchdog and Rip off Britain with added features. It is on daily so might just became a bore after a while. :(

Nice presenters though:)
    Forum Member
    It is a bit of Watchdog and Rip off Britain with added features. It is on daily so might just became a bore after a while. :(

Nice presenters though:)

Just looked on Iplayer to watch today and it's not there :(

I am not a fan of Rip Off Britain .. to much like they are ripping off Watchdog :D
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont understand why people enjoy watching what criminals do and watching injured people on reality hospital shows - seems like weird viewing to me.
  • simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did feel sorry for the old couple but why do people still fall for these scams?
  • simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got this email lol. How wierd when I have just posted in this forum lol. There was a form to fill in with my bank details

Tax Refund Notification

Date 12/11/2012 A tax refund of 892.73 GBP. (Still Pending) Due to invalid account record we were unable to credit your account. Please submit a verified at refund request.

Due to the high volume of refunds you must complete the online application. Telephone helpline is unable to assist with this application. In order to process your refund you will need to complete the application form attached to this email. Your refund may take up to 3 weeks to process please make sure you complete the form correctly.

Note: For security reasons, we will record your ip address, the date and time. Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursed and indicated.

An Income Tax repayment is a refund of tax that you've overpaid. So, if you've paid too much tax for example through your job or pension this year or in previous years HMRC will send you a repayment. You'll get the repayment by bank transfer directly to your credit or debit card.

Best Regards,
    HM Revenue & Customs
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HMRC do not use email to communiate with customers so anyone who gets this email it has to be a scam. HMRC only send letters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know why Watchdog Daily episode 7 broadcast on Tuesday Nov 20th has still not been uploaded to BBC IPlayer??
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    HMRC do not use email to communiate with customers so anyone who gets this email it has to be a scam. HMRC only send letters.

This is a scam that has been mentioned on other BBC programmes.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a guy on there with an empty packet of crisps and it hadn't even been opened.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sophie and the team were much better and watchable.

I'm with you on this Oldbod.

I also found the new daytime format and the new team eminently more watchable that the evening version.

For me it's far better than Anne Robinson's schoolmarm delivery or Nicky 'Mr Smarmite' Campbell before her.

And I always felt Rogue Traders spoilt Watchdog when the two were married.

I could see the daytime Watchdog sitting quite nicely in the 8pm slot in future....
  • TrinitronHDTrinitronHD Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I got an email from them last year reminding me I hadn't submitted my tax return. It was genuine, and I hadn't!
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    I enjoyed it and it makes such a change after the plethora of programmes with Rav Wilding presenting them! I see there is yet another one at 9.15!

Is that the guy that has the mood swings/ addiction issues who dated some bimbo and had an argument very publicly?
  • P-ComboP-Combo Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or is anyone here not feeling this program.

I love watchdog thats normaly on at 8pm with anne robinson and the others.

Im trying to watch it but its annoying me for some reason it doesn't feel good and the presenters are annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    P-Combo wrote: »

Im trying to watch it but its annoying me for some reason it doesn't feel good and the presenters are annoying.

I'm liking it. Have always said we need a daily consumer rights show.

Most of the items have been done before but it is good to get up dates.

I do feel they let some of the companies off still, but not so much as Anne did.
  • GibmanGibman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P-Combo wrote: »

Exactly the same here. I gave it a go, but there just isn't the same quality in the reports, the whole way the programme is done. I just felt like yawning most of the time, and I too love the 8pm watchdog.

Put this dog out of its misery BBC.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it "Wales" based?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Why is it "Wales" based?

Last week we had Midlands Trade descriptons staff
    This weel Wales and Bristol.
    They are gradually moving arround the contry looking at different areas.