Give one piece of advice to the remaining candidates

Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
Forum Member
There was a thread on this theme last year which I really enjoyed reading. Basically, imagine you are meeting each contestant for five seconds - what advice would you give them?

Here's mine:

Lauren - time to come out of your shell - you could actually win!
Katie - you're not standing out. Make yourself known.
Bianca - start preparing more thoroughly. Sales is not your bag.
Roisin - keep up the good work. At the moment you deserve to win.
Solomon - you're doing well but need to get involved a bit more.
Mark - drop the vendetta and focus on yourself. You're ruining your chances.
Daniel - don't lie and do accept your failures. There's hope for you yet.
Sanjay - start doing something! I have no idea what else to say.
Felipe - we need to see a lot more of you - what are you good at?
James - drop the class clown act, and show us what you can do.

Interested to read everyone else's! :)

Comments

• johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Run away!
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go home before Claude tears you a new one.
  • varkanoidvarkanoid Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Simple message to them all,

use your brain AND GET SOME COMMON SENSE!
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Good idea!

Daniel - Stop being so cocky, yes you're good at sales, but what else?
    Felipe - We need to see more from you!
    James - You need to be more creative and less agressive!
    Mark - You are strong, but stop thinking about putting others down and focus on the team!
    Sanjay - As above, do something!
    Solomon - Keep going as you are - you are creative, you can sell, lead, keep it up!

Bianca - Stay away from sales please!
    Katie - Start doing something other than throwing remarks in in the boardroom.
    Lauren - Again, do something.
    Roisin - Keep it up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My advice would be:

Daniel - Listen to what you've been told, stop saying your a great sells person when the numbers contradict that, show us that you can actually do something.

Felipe - You seem to be working hard but what is it your doing? we haven't seen enough of your abilities.

James - Again listen to what you've been told, stop rushing about like a bull and engage your brain before opening your mouth.

Mark - As has been said before stop pointing out others faults and start taking on the real responsibility, stop shirking away from anything which puts your neck on the line its getting boring and quite frankly just makes you look like a coward.

Sanjay - we haven't seen much of you and what we have seen hasn't been great - make yourself more visible and show us what it is you can do.

Solomon - Your doing great just don't get cocky and think you've won before you actually have.

Bianca - Stop effectively accusing the other candidates of being fools and engage your brain before opening your mouth in a pitch or a sale.

Katie - Stop playing mind games and playing it tactical and show us that keen business mind that is clearly there.

Lauren - Again just listen to the advise you've been given, quickly.

Roisin - just make sure you don't get lost in the crowd.

Final bit of advice for all the remaining candidates make sure your business plan is viable and it makes financial sense and you should be fine.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Katie - Stop playing mind games and playing it tactical and show us that keen business mind that is clearly there.

I would really agree with this one. I get the feeling Katie is a keen fan of the show because she seems to know how to play the game and get far without doing much. For example:

- She knew that Week 2 is a very good time to be PM
    - In every boardroom session in which she's spoken she's ganged up on someone
    - She was arse-covering from the first second during her PM
    - She jumped at the chance to PM and then played the "well no one else was going to do it" card later in the day, a classic strategy. Nurun did the same but she was telling the truth at least.

So yeah, she's a game player all right, possibly even more so than Mark. But as you say, she's clearly quite competent and if she just gets on with it she'll go far.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    I would really agree with this one. I get the feeling Katie is a keen fan of the show because she seems to know how to play the game and get far without doing much. For example:

- She knew that Week 2 is a very good time to be PM
    - In every boardroom session in which she's spoken she's ganged up on someone
    - She was arse-covering from the first second during her PM
    - She jumped at the chance to PM and then played the "well no one else was going to do it" card later in the day, a classic strategy. Nurun did the same but she was telling the truth at least.

So yeah, she's a game player all right, possibly even more so than Mark. But as you say, she's clearly quite competent and if she just gets on with it she'll go far.

Katie was PM in Week 3, not Week 2.