Options

What was the name of the guy that won this years?

marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive forgotton his name. was it andy something?

Comments

• Options
    Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A guys called jack Walton won
  • Options
    Drek20xDrek20x Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce Wayne I think?
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    marc822 wrote: »

Ben Haenow

Christmas Number One over Bruno Mars/Mark Ronson

Won despite Cowell pushing Fleur to win

Won in spite of bookies odds

Topped the vote 7 weeks

Quite a comfertable win in the latter weeks too

Hopefully that jogged your memory...let him have his journey into his own material. No where near close to being a flop right now :)
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben Haenow

Topped the vote 7 weeks

Hopefully that jogged your memory...let him have his journey into his own material. No where near close to being a flop right now :)
    You just keep on clutching real tight. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when the woman won last year. people on here were really defensive about her saying she was gonna be as big as celine dion was and how shes was going to dominate the charts. Hmmm now shes dropped and no ones interested in her. Best they offered her was a CD of covers released for mothers day to ensure she charted. Now forgotton. Ben yes, i wonder if he will set the charts alight. we shall see. Shayne ward however is making a comeback, now he should have had a better career, but sadly, syco stuffed that up...and leona....they ruined her too, though she has a new label and new album coming this year, hopefully they can save her. Syco really need better people that work there, rhe label is crap lol
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because Steve Leon Matt Etc are considered flops doesn't mean Ben will be - he's slightly different to the other male winners and Simon likes him so he may actually be successful. I think his success is being underrated even though the winners single is so annoying it doesn't mean his album won't be good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    You just keep on clutching real tight. ;-)

It's not been a month...how could anyone possibly know he will flop when his one single got to Number One?

There's no clutching involved
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont believe ben offers anything different. Hes just an ordinary male singer from the back of a tv show. He will really have to pull something out the bag to be a success. Oh look syco have lined up an album of covers due to hit the shops 10th March!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon says he likes everyone and how big they are going to be...He bigged shayne ward up for his last album saying he still believed in him, that was just to make some headlines in the media for his cheap promotion. I dont understand why people are so gullible when its the same ol story all the time...
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member

Won this years what?
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben won but who was 2nd I have forgotten her name ;-) Cant wait to see what my favourite ever winner does with his debut album and I for one will be buying it and cant wait to see him on tour.
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Haenow

Topped the vote 7 weeks

Cringing at 'won despite Cowell pushing Fleur'. Ben was the favourite, a winners song suited to him, the most pimp slots etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TreyC wrote: »
    Cringing at 'won despite Cowell pushing Fleur'. Ben was the favourite, a winners song suited to him, the most pimp slots etc.

He didn't have the most pimp slots...Andrea did and Ben/Fleur were tied until the finale when Fleur had the pimp slot.

Also in latter weeks Fleur was the bookies favourite.

Fleur was supposed to have a Janet Jackson song (I believe All For You) but it was vetoed by Janet's management or whoever and so she was given that because it was a last minute deal...Hardly favouritism towards Ben if its Janet Jackson not wanting her song covered.

So not sure what you can be "cringing" at :)
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one has won this years yet ;)
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't you remember? It was Andrea Faustini!:D
    Worth a try...;-)
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Haha first time back on these boards in a few weeks

This thread really?

I think Ben (who won) is probably doing very well knowing he won and topped the vote many weeks. Good Luck to him
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Topping the vote every week does not mean he's definitely going to be successful. The voting public aren't necessarily the music buyers, especially given that votes were free this year. It's so easy to tap once for someone but it doesn't necessarily mean you want to buy their music. But equally,

I think it depends on the material and the thing is male winners just aren't handled well. Plus imo Ben is nothing we haven't seen before. Safe voice, "good looks" and he's an everyman. I don't see what he has that Matt or Shayne for example don't have.... And before anyone says a rock voice, on Something I Need they edited his voice so much that he sounds horribly lifeless. They might not do that for every song but still! That's just stripping him of the one bit of individuality he has.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    He's heading for Flopsville via the Matt Cardle Expressway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's heading for Flopsville via the Matt Cardle Expressway.

3 albums in top 20 (Lowest charted 11)

Few singles I'm the top 20

Cardle isn't setting the world on fire but he is in no way shape or form a flop.
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 albums in top 20 (Lowest charted 11)

Few singles I'm the top 20

Cardle isn't setting the world on fire but he is in no way shape or form a flop.

Although I agree with you that Ben has done very well so far, you do seem quite touchy when people point out he may not have longevity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Arthur_B wrote: »
    Although I agree with you that Ben has done very well so far, you do seem quite touchy when people point out he may not have longevity.

I don't get touchy when people suggest he may not. It baffles me when people flat out state he will not like they know it for a fact, when clearly nobody knows.

That's all :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get touchy when people suggest he may not. It baffles me when people flat out state he will not like they know it for a fact, when clearly nobody knows.

That's all :)

Fair enough.

I base my opinion on the past. He's too similar to Matt Cardle, who despite some of the good stats you posted earlier, hasn't been a successful X Factor winner. Therefore, my early gut feeling is that Ben won't be successful (and before you ask, that has nothing to do with me being a Fleur fan).

We'll see though. It's too early to say. He's had a successful winner's single, but that doesn't mean anything, as everyone who has ever won the X Factor has had a successful winner's song. It'll depend on what he releases next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Arthur_B wrote: »
    Fair enough.

I base my opinion on the past. He's too similar to Matt Cardle, who despite some of the good stats you posted earlier, hasn't been a successful X Factor winner. Therefore, my early gut feeling is that Ben won't be successful (and before you ask, that has nothing to do with me being a Fleur fan).

We'll see though. It's too early to say. He's had a successful winner's single, but that doesn't mean anything, as everyone who has ever won the X Factor has had a successful winner's song. It'll depend on what he releases next.

Its okay I have no objection to any Fleur fans its just some forum members and you probably know who praise Fleur as the successful one at any given time and put Ben down and their just a little hypocritical in it.

I think the stylings of Ben and Cardle are different...along with the ranges :)

As for Cardle, I think where we differ is maybe what we determine a successful X Factor winner is. I think the whole idea that X Factor winners or acts need to have Number One Singles, Albums and set the world on fire is a severe over statement.

The likelyhood of any artist around the world having their very first single/album set any records is like a million to one. Most people struggle and maybe get a moderate start before they hit the big time. I think if they can hit top 10 with their singles and albums for their first two singles/album then they are doing well.

I 100% agree on needing to wait and see on what happens next, that's my point we don't know. If he doesn't succeed then its unlucky for him but at least he tried and can say he had a Number One. If he does succeed great...but nobody should try and say he will set the world on fire (which I never have done) or say that he will fail/flop (which some people have done)

Lets just all keep it polite and friendly :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its okay I have no objection to any Fleur fans its just some forum members and you probably know who praise Fleur as the successful one at any given time and put Ben down and their just a little hypocritical in it.

I think the stylings of Ben and Cardle are different...along with the ranges :)

As for Cardle, I think where we differ is maybe what we determine a successful X Factor winner is. I think the whole idea that X Factor winners or acts need to have Number One Singles, Albums and set the world on fire is a severe over statement.

The likelyhood of any artist around the world having their very first single/album set any records is like a million to one. Most people struggle and maybe get a moderate start before they hit the big time. I think if they can hit top 10 with their singles and albums for their first two singles/album then they are doing well.

I 100% agree on needing to wait and see on what happens next, that's my point we don't know. If he doesn't succeed then its unlucky for him but at least he tried and can say he had a Number One. If he does succeed great...but nobody should try and say he will set the world on fire (which I never have done) or say that he will fail/flop (which some people have done)

Lets just all keep it polite and friendly :)

In terms of successful winner, I was kind of going more down the route of what the media would consider successful. You're right, Matt Cardle has probably had the exact career he'd have always wanted, and has the freedom to make most of his own choices. He's unfortunate that One Direction came from his series, and completely overshadowed him in commercial terms. Yet he's still recording, and has a career many artists would dream of having, so he's doing just fine. I always liked Matt, and agree that he is actually very different stylistically to Ben. I can just see Syco marketing them in the same way.

We'll see. If Ben doesn't have success with Syco, he'll probably be able to go elsewhere anyway, which'll almost certainly be a blessing in the long term.