DTC doesn't like the fact Sharon has a son...

13»

Comments

• Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    The assumption that children can't play a useful part in soaps is nonsense. Tiffany was a splendid character most of the time, and I hope she'll be back in time.

Denny of course is a thoroughly unpleasant child - I have wondered if they might be planning for a long term career for him as a sort of Nick Cotton replacement. Though he totally lacks Nick's charm. More likely I suppose they may have been keeping him off screen ready for a recasting.

I think he will be recast. The new kid will probably have a very short haircut which will be the explanation for him being unrecognisable.
  • Cloudy SnakeCloudy Snake Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    "Dirty" Den Watts' grandson will be running rings around the Mitchells. The Watts worst enemy was always... the Watts...
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sereniity wrote: »
    Denny is just too young to be used properly yet. His existence however is important as he is a direct blood link to Den so therefore is a legacy character by default. His potential is there just waiting to be explored once he hits his teens.

Good Post.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought her pregnancy was ridiculous and now Denny is just hassle. Another irrelevant child that we're stuck with. Not every woman on a soap needs a child in my opinion.

Hopefully when he's recast he brings something to the table but to be honest can't see that happening either.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    You can just tell...

I'd actually forgotten about him! :o

Before DTC, pretty much Sharon's only personality trait was the over -protective mother. And viewers HATED it. So he has quite rightly dropped this aspect and as such, Denny has appeared less.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »

Before DTC, pretty much Sharon's only personality trait was the over -protective mother. And viewers HATED it. So he has quite rightly dropped this aspect and as such, Denny has appeared less.

This has been a good thing as Sharon was awful in 2013 arguing with Ava, Whitney etc and living in the B & B, Newman trashed Her character so thank God for DTC.
  • Kevin_McGrathKevin_McGrath Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Sue Tulley won't be back is no reason Mark II, Michelle's son by Grant ( though he doesn't know) might not turn up. Nineteen now, great nephew of Ian and nephew of Phil... Of course he's American, but they're a broad minded lot in Albert Square about ethnic minorities.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »

Some actors / actresses can work with kids others can't. Sharon just didn't work with a young kid. Whereas Bianca / Carol make it so natural but they are superior actresses.
  • wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Some actors / actresses can work with kids others can't. Sharon just didn't work with a young kid. Whereas Bianca / Carol make it so natural but they are superior actresses.
    Letitia Dean doesn't have children but Patsy Palmer does. Maybe that's why its natural for Patsy.