Should HSBC be punished?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back handers are illegal

Donations to political parties and jobs after you leave for services rendered in office are perfectly legal

Sure

i meant metaphorical ones - the grey legal ones like 'donations' which are de facto backhanders .:)
  • Options
    VerrillionVerrillion Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Im surprised that no one has made the assumption about the scandal that it came about because a whistleblower at HSBC revealed details about the banks activitys.
    Ok HSBC has questions to answer. BUT what about all the other banks ?? There all pristine clean are they ??? Or have they been giving big enough bonuses out to there staff to stop any leaks ?
    Im thinking the Inland Revenue enquiry should have assumed that HSBC was not a single rogue bank but ALL BANKS were operating the same way and were hiding this and all there rogue clients and acted in the most serious manner possible.
    The banks are not our friends or friendly towards this country but should be treated properly as hostile money grabbers and potential thieves.
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Sure

i meant metaphorical ones - the grey legal ones like 'donations' which are de facto backhanders .:)

Oh I agree. Politicians don't work for the voters anymore. If you provided £100,000 for a kitchen supper with our "dear leader" you would expect something for it right???? and I don't mean tea and toast

We have lost our democracy
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Verrillion wrote: »
    Im surprised that no one has made the assumption about the scandal that it came about because a whistleblower at HSBC revealed details about the banks activitys.
    Ok HSBC has questions to answer. BUT what about all the other banks ?? There all pristine clean are they ??? Or have they been giving big enough bonuses out to there staff to stop any leaks ?
    Im thinking the Inland Revenue enquiry should have assumed that HSBC was not a single rogue bank but ALL BANKS were operating the same way and were hiding this and all there rogue clients and acted in the most serious manner possible.
    The banks are not our friends or friendly towards this country but should be treated properly as hostile money grabbers and potential thieves.

Good post.

I agree with all of it, except the last sentence;...

.......you should have omitted the word ‘potential’. ;-)
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I agree. Politicians don't work for the voters anymore. If you provided £100,000 for a kitchen supper with our "dear leader" you would expect something for it right???? and I don't mean tea and toast

We have lost our democracy

Well yes - and quite a long time ago