LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    A cheap shot clitheroe you even enforced the question twice over, look to your post. So to quote Kay Burley 'get over yourself', back on you!

Maybe you should try and understand the difference between a statement and a question.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Maybe you should try and understand the difference between a statement and a question.

Maybe you should re-read your post. You made two statements with likewise question marks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should re-read your posts. You made two statements with likewise question marks.

I don't know what "likewise question marks" are but the question marks indicate I was asking a question, not making a statement.

This exchange is probably very boring to everyone else and it detracts from the main point I was making which was that one can very reasonably compare Nigel Farage with Anjem Choudary, regardless of what James O'Brien did or did not say.
    Forum Member
    I don't know what "likewise questions marks" are but the question marks indicate I was a asking a question, not making a statement.

This exchange is probably very boring to everyone else and it detracts from the main point I was making which was that one can very reasonably compare Nigel Farage with Anjem Choudary, regardless of what James O'Brien did or did not say.

BiB. Yey, I think most of the mentally astute have caught up.. Question marks equal this, '?' of which you entered two times, although you say misleadingly you were not making a statement when making your own condemnations.
  • gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth can there be any comparison between Nigel Farage and Anjem Choudary?
    It came first from O'Brien? What nonsense, say no more.

This man and any followers get more offensive by the day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you think Iain Dale is neutral? Moreover, do you consider yourself to be neutral to judge?

I didn't hear the show so I don't know what was said, however, both Mr Farage and Anjem Choudary have been vocal critics of the UK's involvement in military action in Iraq and Afghanistan so one could legitimately make a comparison between these 2 men.

Rubbish .Almost the whole Nation has been critical of military action by the UK in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now contradict me and say we were all in favour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish .Almost the whole Nation has been critical of military action by the UK in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now contradict me and say we were all in favour.

Parliament and the country was split so I don't agree that almost all the whole nation was critical of the military action. However, if I were to take your statement as being true, one could compare the opinion of Anjem Choudary and the British public on this issue.

Just to point out, my original comments were related to what James O'Brien was accused of saying on LBC not the opinions of the British public concerning military action in the Middle East.
    Forum Member
    Parliament and the country was split so I don't agree that almost all the whole nation was critical of the military action. However, if I were to take your statement as being true, one could compare the opinion of Anjem Choudary and the British public on this issue.

Just to point out, my original comments were related to what J O'B was accused of saying on LBC not the opinions of the British public concerning military action in the Middle East.

You don't think you have a political bias, perchance!? Haha, you're so predicable, like dawn follows dusk. ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't think you have a political bias, perchance!? Haha, you're so predicable, like dawn follows dusk. ^_^

To answer your question, of course I do which is why I like to judge an issue on the facts so my personal bias isn't my overriding consideration. Anyway, I thought we were meant to be talking about LBC.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »
    Really? I think he is one of the most odious men in politics. I would read into his murky past and see if that changes your opinion.

Keith Vaz, synonymous with expenses & silk cushions ;-)

Brian absolutely destroyed one caller (from an organisation I don't recall the exact name of) who couldn't explain why the West's foreign policy directly led to radicalisation and beheadings. It was brilliantly executed (no pun intended) by Brian.

The only time that I have agreed with - even, applauded JO'B's nasty style. It was against an apologist for that monster in Syria.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well of course I suppose a comparison can be made that they both walk on two legs.
  • Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what "likewise question marks" are but the question marks indicate I was asking a question, not making a statement.

'One' can compare any two individuals they like. As to whether that is 'reasonable' is subjective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way parliament and the country may have been split at the time when the facts were not known,and some people and parliamentarians believed the lies they were told
    Forum Member
    To answer your question, of course I do which is why I like to judge an issue on the facts so my personal bias isn't my overriding consideration. Anyway, I thought we were meant to be talking about LBC.

.....I wouldn't be too sure of that, as always you appear 'overridingly' consumed, if not somewhat indulgent. Can't be good for you!
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith Vaz, synonymous with expenses & silk cushions ;-)

And relentless self promotion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .....I wouldn't be too sure of that, as always you appear 'overridingly' consumed, if not somewhat indulgent. Can't be good for you!

There you go again with your personal insults which you always do when you lose the argument.
    Forum Member
    There you go again with your personal insults which you always do when you lose the argument.

There are no insults on my part TBH. There is no argument, as for fact you are so over opinionated you really cannot see the wood from the trees - take heed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their are no insults on my part TBH. There is no argument, as for fact you are so over opinionated you really cannot see the wood from the trees - take heed.

There you go again with your personal insults...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their are no insults on my part TBH. There is no argument, as for fact you are so over opinionated you really cannot see the wood from the trees - take heed.

Can you take this to PM please.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Can you take this to PM please.
    Yes, please do just that - it's so bloody tedious.
  • Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people must lead a very sheltered life if what's posted here are deemed 'personal insults'
  • tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An opportunity for Iain Dale to get back into politics now that the UKIP LGBTQ* chair has stepped down!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lord Abbot was on fine form last night.

Morning all. :)
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,786
    Forum Member
    Cristo was saying that he's been getting the highest listening figures out of all LBC presenters. Is that true?
This discussion has been closed.