Medium

embyemby Posts: 7,837
Forum Member
Absolutely love this programme, seems to be so underrated. I see the BBC have gone back to airing it at stupid o'clock again. Anybody into this show?

Comments

• Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I love it. If I remember it's on I record it and watch it at a civilised hour.
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    Yes, I love it. If I remember it's on I record it and watch it at a civilised hour.

Yeh, i think it's one of the better US imports, don't know why it doesn't get shown at a more practical time.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Medium.

I read in the Radio Times that the BBC broadcast Mad Men close to the US broadcast date to reduce downloading. I wonder what the BBC thinks it is doing with Medium by making it so hard to watch?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the beeb dont have the first run rights anymore, so those that download will do it anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    The program really annoys me. She has a dream/vision (that always turn out to be based in reality) but every time she has one she thinks it's not real so tries to ignore it and and is amazed when it comes true. You would have thought after a few times she would get the hint that they happen,
  • LordmilkymilkyLordmilkymilky Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    I like the programme...but wow, does she have one helleva understanding husband...!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the programme...but wow, does she have one helleva understanding husband...!!!!!

Lol, I'm loving that it's been on most nights over the Christmas break, and 2 episodes as well! :)
    Forum Member

Haha, yeh she wakes the poor bloke up EVERY SINGLE night!
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....it has been cancelled in the USA :(
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but after 127 episodes, which is a fantastic achievement in what is really a "one-trick" show. In Britain it would have been lucky to get to 12.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, they both look so well considering the constant sleep deprivation they must endure!
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God for the BBC.

Medium isn't your usual American 24 / Star Trek / Lost pap, it requires a fair bit of concentration so watching it on commercial channels is a nightmare, with 4 annoying ad breaks it is almost impossible to keep up with the plotlines.
  • GenyGeny Posts: 136
    Forum Member

That's a real shame. :(

I agree about her husband. Has he ever had an unbroken night's sleep? :D
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Medium may be good, but look at the 'inspiration' for it on a reality show in the US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Gqdexq62o

And that clip, doesn't even show the half of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alison Dubois is a real life "medium", and is credited as a consultant to the programme. Since in real life there is no such thing as psychic powers that does cast something of a shadow over the programme.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank God for the BBC.

Medium isn't your usual American 24 / Star Trek / Lost pap, it requires a fair bit of concentration so watching it on commercial channels is a nightmare, with 4 annoying ad breaks it is almost impossible to keep up with the plotlines.

You think Medium requires more concentration than Lost???
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Thank God for the BBC.

Medium isn't your usual American 24 / Star Trek / Lost pap...

None of those three shows are "pap," and Medium is quite formulaic and "murder of the week," so while entertaining, it is quite easy to follow. Certainly nothing approaching the complexity of Lost.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God for the BBC.

I like Medium, but to say that it requires more concentration to follow than 24 or Lost is rather odd.

The format of Medium is very straightforward with just a few new characters each week in the role of victim or suspect. There is a simple main story and usually an even more simple sub-plot. How does that make you think it is more complicated than Lost or 24?
    Forum Member
    Killary45 wrote: »
    Alison Dubois is a real life "medium", and is credited as a consultant to the programme. Since in real life there is no such thing as psychic powers that does cast something of a shadow over the programme.

Does it though really? Does anybody here genuinely believe they're watching a true to life programme ...? It's a great show, fiction or non fiction, it's enjoyable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    Does it though really? Does anybody here genuinely believe they're watching a true to life programme ...? It's a great show, fiction or non fiction, it's enjoyable.

Why did they have to base the show on a real person who is married to a guy who works as an aerospace scientist with three daughters? Why not just make up a character, rather than boost up a supposed "medium"?

The real Allison Dubois has profited from the show and takes money from gullible people who think that she has special powers.

Tickets available at her forthcoming shows in Edinburgh only $180 each. http://www.allisondubois.com/ I am afraid that site makes me feel a little nauseous.
  • jayzee786jayzee786 Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    You think Medium requires more concentration than Lost???

I feel comfortable saying WTF!!! while watching LOST. Medium doesn't really require that much concetration. Although I've only started Season 1 a few weeks ago.
  • puddingpudding Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Having only just recently started watching Medium on SkyLivingLoves and thoroughly enjoyed series 1 to 3 can anyone please explain why Sky have skipped from the end of series 3 to the start of 5??? Where is 4???
    I'm a bit annoyed. I am sky + ing them for now in the hope that they will remedy their mistake :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member

Most of the time. But after all the times she has been shown to have these visions, if he doesn't want it to be true, he tells her to ignore it. She can't turn it off but he wants her to do so whenever it affects him.