Options

New Sky Sports News presenter

griffpaulgriffpaul Posts: 777
Forum Member
✭✭
Whats the name of the new SSN presenter who was on between 10-11am this morning.

Comments

• Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Rob Wotton and Natalie Sawyer not new by any long stretch of the imagination
  • Options
    zingzing Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By any chance was she blonde and not wearing very much? That's their usual fayre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, she had black hair,
  • Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olivia Godfrey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes the one
  • Options
    zingzing Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again. An auto-cutie who probably knows next to nothing about sport!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zing wrote: »
    Again. An auto-cutie who probably knows next to nothing about sport!

What do you mean 'again'? All the female Sky Sports News presenters know their sport.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leewich wrote: »
    What do you mean 'again'? All the female Sky Sports News presenters know their sport.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    :D:D:D

That's not very constructive. Go on then, tell me all this amazing stuff about how they are all airheads.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not very constructive. Go on then, tell me all this amazing stuff about how they are all airheads.

I actually thought you were being ironic and was laughing with you. I would imagine they are not all airheads however I've definitely seen some who are obviously there for their boobies and hair.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,484
    Forum Member
    I actually thought you were being ironic and was laughing with you. I would imagine they are not all airheads however I've definitely seen some who are obviously there for their boobies and hair.

Works for me :p good to come home to after a long day ;)
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayley McQueen is that one then, not that I'm complaining!::D
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member

"I used to do girl-on-girl, but now I present with Andy Kerr" - Charlotte Jackson.

Yeah, she was REALLY brought in for her sporting knowledge! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    "I used to do girl-on-girl, but now I present with Andy Kerr" - Charlotte Jackson.

Yeah, she was REALLY brought in for her sporting knowledge! :rolleyes:

I didn't say they were brought in for their sporting knowledge, mister. I said they know their sport. Yes, they are given prominence because of their looks (although Olivia Godfrey is no looker) but they DO know their sport.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't say they were brought in for their sporting knowledge, mister. I said they know their sport. Yes, they are given prominence because of their looks (although Olivia Godfrey is no looker) but they DO know their sport.

They know their sport in the same way as they know how to read out loud from the autocue... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They know their sport in the same way as they know how to read out loud from the autocue... :D

So come on, tell me how you can claim that they don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So come on, tell me how you can claim that they don't.

Ok... They totally do. Girls who they've brought in from Loaded to read from an autocue are totally fully of sporting knowledge. :D:D:D

The majority of girlies on that station are there because of looks, or because they have connections. Nothing else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok... They totally do. Girls who they've brought in from Loaded to read from an autocue are totally fully of sporting knowledge. :D:D:D

The majority of girlies on that station are there because of looks, or because they have connections. Nothing else.

You've not shown me how you know this though. You don't just walk into a presenting job at SSN, you have to do your training first. I know you wouldn't get near it unless you had a basic knowledge of most sports. Olivia Godfrey, for example, has been training for a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You've not shown me how you know this though. You don't just walk into a presenting job at SSN, you have to do your training first. I know you wouldn't get near it unless you had a basic knowledge of most sports. Olivia Godfrey, for example, has been training for a long time.

You have to train?... For a JOB??! :eek::eek:

Where do you think they find girls like Charlotte Jackson? Down their local football team's ground, or through an agency that provides pretty faces?...
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to train?... For a JOB??! :eek::eek:

Where do you think they find girls like Charlotte Jackson? Down their local football team's ground, or through an agency that provides pretty faces?...

Charlotte Jackson comes from a sporting background (former Lacrosse player), this is despite various modelling gigs and used to write for sports websites before getting into presenting.

Natalie Sawyer comes from a broadcasting background.

Rachel Wyse has presented sports related programming as well as being a former model.

Rachel Brookes used to be a pop music DJ on Power FM (now Capital FM South Coast)

Hayley McQueen despite having a footballing father, started out as a runner on Richard & Judy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Charlotte Jackson comes from a sporting background (former Lacrosse player),

That's brilliant! Charlotte Jackson comes from a sporting background because she's played a sport before! In that case, we ALL come from a sporting background! :D

Charlotte Jackson, and others (the ones who seem to be more concerned with fashion and mag spreads usually being the ones) are there because they have nice boobs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olivia Godfrey has been on Sky's training books for a while, and training with Sky Sports News obviously her first outing today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's brilliant! Charlotte Jackson comes from a sporting background because she's played a sport before! In that case, we ALL come from a sporting background! :D

Charlotte Jackson, and others (the ones who seem to be more concerned with fashion and mag spreads usually being the ones) are there because they have nice boobs.

You're not getting it. I said they are indeed given prominence for their looks, but to say they have no sporting knowledge at all is rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every bloody SSN thread that is open turns into a distastful, who has the best boobs bimbo fest.

Disgusting, disgraceful and completely undermining these female and male presenters who are there on merit.

Ok. 1 or 2 presenters u can say in an elegant way "oh she's pretty etc" Like what woman may say a certain male presenter is handsome, big deal.

No need to be degrading.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are female presenters on Sky News who could also be considered auto cuties, yet I haven't seen a thread on DS debating their journalistic style.