Forum Member
✭✭
Why is Sky Sports News presenting from the Soccer Saturday studio today

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sky sports news is having a new studio built, so that's why they are in the box studio at the moment
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    And like all threads about Sky Sports News, it's only going to go in one direction. The same, usual, sexist, tongue hanging out direction...
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are using the Soccer Saturday Studio, are they gonna show a repeat hour, before Tommorrow Night's Soccer Special, and Soccer Saturday on saturday
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sky sports news is having a new studio built, so that's why they are in the box studio at the moment

Any idea when it will be ready?
  • Options
    chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another one?!
  • Options
    tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should do this at the end of the premier league season so the new look is ready for the start of the next premier league season this should be done for all this
    New look studio
    New on screen graphics eg side pannel and bottom pannel
    New graphics in the middle of the side pannel and bottom pannel
    All new stuff etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvsatweek wrote: »
    They should do this at the end of the premier league season so the new look is ready for the start of the next premier league season this should be done for all this
    New look studio
    All new stuff etc

There is more to Sky Sports News than Premier League football. ;-)
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvsatweek wrote: »
    New look studio
    All new stuff etc

They probably want to do this before the climax of the current season and before the World Cup.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    Any idea when it will be ready?

will be ready in time for next football season
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And like all threads about Sky Sports News, it's only going to go in one direction. The same, usual, sexist, tongue hanging out direction...
    Thats Sky Sports News good points......
  • Options
    MackemsafcMackemsafc Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's not ready this morning.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is the same team who upgraded the Sky News Studio we could have a long wait,

Couldn't they use the Café more, thinking of the Monday View for example, when all they basically do is disguss
  • Options
    griffpaulgriffpaul Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are using the Soccer Saturday Studio, are they gonna show a repeat hour, before Tommorrow Night's Soccer Special, and Soccer Saturday on saturday

No theyre presenting from the same studio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will be ready in time for next football season

Four months, that's a long time, must be a big change?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fail...
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The studio wasn't that good anyway. I think Sky sports are going through an era of bad studios.

Although I dread to think what the new one will look like.
  • Options
    Mikes MikeMikes Mike Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many new studios and revamps does this channel need? It's only been a year or so since it last had a refit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikes Mike wrote: »
    How many new studios and revamps does this channel need? It's only been a year or so since it last had a refit.

Nearly 3 years actually, June 2011 I believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news yet on when the new studio will air? I'm baffled as to why it's taking soo long, as there's only so much they can do with their limited setup, unless they're changing the layout of the newsroom aswell. It was a badly executed design to begin with anyway. I hope they do away with the lightwell backdrops, they're soo tacky.

What it needs is to move out of their tiny newsroom setup and into a proper studio.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky Sports News' studio is really sleek and modern, why are they bothering to build a new one?
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Sky Sports News' studio is really sleek and modern, why are they bothering to build a new one?

Cos they want to, it's there money upto them if they waste it on new studios.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just wondering if there's a graphic and/or logo and/or colour change ahead which means a new studio is needed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if there's a graphic and/or logo and/or colour change ahead which means a new studio is needed

I doubt it, as it was fairly neutral anyway. Really just blue and white. I get the feeling they might be moving some of the desks, and cornering off the studio area. Anything to get rid of those fake newsroom backdrops. Why are UK broadcasters soo keen on fake newsrooms?
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Cos they want to, it's there money upto them if they waste it on new studios.
    If they have cash to burn maybe they could lower prices? No doubt they'll raise them again in September.
  • Options
    MackemsafcMackemsafc Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just wondering when they gonna scrap the SD Channels cos the picture has been terrible lately on skysports.