If it was a 71 year old woman perving on a young man...

KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Nobody would bat an eyelid!

:confused:

Comments

• grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KMX wrote: »

That's the way I feel aswell. A lot of women pointing fingers at men for doing exactly the same thing they do to men. Pot Kettle and all that.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's PC gone maaaad I tells ya.
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,369
    Forum Member
    Yes they would, if the young man in question felt vulnerable or uncomfortable in the situation.

This discussion is already going on on plenty other threads.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwina with jake on I'm a celeb.

It's ok to look if it's on display, actions are different.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wrong. Bette Lynch did that and got a LOT of grief.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam & Jemima maybe?
  • HenrikHenrik Posts: 2,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a bloke init....just bantz.
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I seem to recall not a lot was said about Julie Goodyear in the early stages of her series until she lost it. I seem to recall not a lot was said about Denise Welch either.....just two that spring to mind.
  • KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    I dunno, I'd feel a bit iffy if a 71 year old woman walked in on two young men getting undressed in the bathroom. Then sat down and said, "I don't actually want a shower, I've just come to look at your arses."

...actually I'd find it a bit iffy if anyone did that.
  • docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    Yes they would, if the young man in question felt vulnerable or uncomfortable in the situation.

Federico and Penis size humiliation.

Ziggy be chased by eight women trying to strip him naked.

Then there was the year a male housemate was constantly being spied on by the females who were curious about his penis size.

Then there was Lesley oggling David last year.
  • HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would.
    I'm a woman in her fifties with two handsome sons.
    I'd be uncomfortable with a much older woman leering at them ( actually I'm not keen on any one leering at anyone).

Fancying someone is one thing. Admiring a persons physicality. Is fine. It's the seedy ogling and sexual innuendo I don't like.
    BUT I agree massively that there is an imbalance between the sexes
    Julie Goodyear was revolting with young men in CBB and it turned my stomach. However, nobody called her a perv and threatened to call the police.

If a man had threatened to use patsy as a punchbag he would not be in that House anymore either.
  • CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would be considered 'empowering'
  • Maggie 55Maggie 55 Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not even worth talking about, its as obvious as the nose on Katie's face (unacceptable body image joke there, hopefully someone will be offended).

In show after show you see women of all ages admiring (perving over) young men's bodies and being vocal about it and the vast majority of people have no issue with it.

Double standards!

At what age should men stop talking about admiring (perving over) womens bodies?

Maggie
  • ThadThad Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure ken leered at anyone. Has that been demonstrated?

As for looking at those girls assess? Well every guy in there will have, not to mention every guy and a lot of girls watching. It's called normal human behaviour and isn't limited by age.

This whole thing is a demonstration of ageism.
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It comes down to how the object of the perving felt about it. If it was a woman doing it to a man, and the man voiced he felt uncomfortable, ultimately action would have to be taken. No there wouldn't be a public outcry, the actions would be less, and the man would have to speak up in order to get something done, but it certainly wouldn't be ignored.
    Not the best I'll grant you. But certainly not as bad as its being made out to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HBB wrote: »
    I would.
    I'd be uncomfortable with a much older woman leering at them ( actually I'm not keen on any one leering at anyone).

You ok with your sons looking at females bodies or do you think they shouldn't do that?

Being a concerned parent what age have you told them they must stop doing that.

Maggie
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Denise Welch getting into the hot tub with her bags out in front of young lads. Then she pulled down the shorts of young playboy model".................Uhm what happened to her!
  • jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hasn't zoomed in on a housemate and perved after them.

He commented on their bums in general....and considering they have them on display most of the time anyway.......
  • HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maggie 55 wrote: »
    You ok with your sons looking at females bodies or do you think they shouldn't do that?

Being a concerned parent what age have you told them they must stop doing that.

Maggie

I explain the answer to your question in the part of my post you cut out.
    Was it too much for you to read.
    I mean why bother if you're just going to show yourself up.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Watch 'Come Dine With Me' with Calum Best and Janice Dickinson.

I've never seen a bloke more uncomfortable with the advances of an older woman, it was treated as hilarious of course.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Um?

Jemima and Sam? Pretty sure a lot of the house mates were disgusted and trying to talk Sam out of it. Posters were also against it?
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,369
    Forum Member
    Watch 'Come Dine With Me' with Calum Best and Janice Dickinson.

I've never seen a bloke more uncomfortable with the advances of an older woman, it was treated as hilarious of course.........

Well obviously having not seen it, I can't comment on it.

All I can say is that I know I, and a few others on this forum, would find it uncomfortable. I found Edwina Currie in IACGMOOH uncomfortable, and I found a few of the situations given as examples in this thread even more so (Julie Goodyear, Sam & Jemima are two of them).

To assume that everyone who felt uncomfortable with Ken would not feel uncomfortable if the situation was reversed, is unfair. Can't say anymore than that really - you're not talking to an entire group of people who all think the same here, you're talking to individuals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I explain the answer to your question in the part of my post you cut out.
    Was it too much for you to read.
    I mean why bother if you're just going to show yourself up.

Touchy eh!

Why don't you answer the question about your age point which is the one i was highlighting.

Do you think there is some sort of age where it is ok to be vocal about admiring (perving over) a persons body and some age where it isn't? Something your young sons will be doing beyond doubt.

Maggie
  • KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    you're not talking to an entire group of people who all think the same here, you're talking to individuals.

Yes, you're not talking to an entire group of people who all think the same here, you're talking to individuals.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would.

Fancying someone is one thing. Admiring a persons physicality. Is fine. It's the seedy ogling and sexual innuendo I don't like.
    BUT I agree massively that there is an imbalance between the sexes
    Julie Goodyear was revolting with young men in CBB and it turned my stomach. However, nobody called her a perv and threatened to call the police.

If a man had threatened to use patsy as a punchbag he would not be in that House anymore either.

Well said.