Perez-hate... because of his reputation?

OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A lot of the comments about how he is 'vile', usually references how his blog was nasty. But IMO he wasn't actually nasty in the house, and his conduct in the face of the unkind attacks on him by HMs and BOTS panellists, was dignified in contrast to the bile that we saw from Hopkins & co.

He might have been a horrible person in the past but it seems he turned over a new leaf a few years ago... his appearance with Oprah & Deepak Chopra was interesting (youtube links below) and he seemed genuine in being a reformed sinner.

I think that unfortunately his reputation preceded him and a lot of viewers were ill-disposed towards him from the outset of CBB. :(

How Perez Hilton changed the negative energy in his life
Perez Hilton's new found purpose
Perez Hilton Interview post-Oprah

ps. He scrubs up well in a suit :cool:

Comments

• Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    A lot of the comments about how he is 'vile', usually references how his blog was nasty. But IMO he wasn't actually nasty in the house, and his conduct in the face of the unkind attacks on him by HMs and BOTS panellists, was dignified in contrast to the bile that we saw from Hopkins & co.

He might have been a horrible person in the past but it seems he turned over a new leaf a few years ago... his appearance with Oprah & Deepak Chopra was interesting (youtube links below) and he seemed genuine in being a reformed sinner.

I think that unfortunately his reputation preceded him and a lot of viewers were ill-disposed towards him from the outset of CBB. :(

How Perez Hilton changed the negative energy in his life
    Perez Hilton's new found purpose
    Perez Hilton Interview post-Oprah

ps. He scrubs up well in a suit :cool:

I don't think Perez was nasty before. Yeah he wrote mean things but that was part of his job just like other newspapers/bloggers etc but unlike them I'm so glad he decided to stop. He helped Katy Perry and Gaga become famous advising them and supporting them.

I think Perez changed alot after the death of Tyler Clementi and when he became a father.

Its unfortunate that people in the UK don't get his humour. Alot of the people that hate him seem like the people that would secretly be part of UKIP. He's new to the UK unlike other Americans like Visage and Best (who I still consider American) who have spent alot of time here. I've watched him appear on American Daytime TV shows and everyone loves him. He's amazing.

I hope his heart heals soon. He's a decent person. Unlike attention seeking Hopkins. She was the same on the apprentice. She had no shame when someone called her up on shagging another candidate in the attic regularly in front of Lord Sugar. No embarrassment. Nothing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree he looks great in a suit.

I find him really attractive...particularly with facial hair...he's gorgeous ;) and he speaks well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    He's experience in grovelling meaningless apologies..... like a bus, there'll be a couple more along soon....

And IMO he was vile... and he no reputation for a lot of us, I looked him up because he was a d**k in the house.... and found out he'd been a D**k before he went in also.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie4eva wrote: »

I find him really attractive...particularly with facial hair...he's gorgeous ;) and he speaks well.

I thought he was very eloquent, sincere and moving in the Interview post-Oprah. :)
  • vpowervpower Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think he said horrible things a few years ago. But he has since apologised and, more importantly, stopped being so horrible and judgemental since the apology. When people have cited how disgusting he was they put up a link but I haven't seen one after 2009 which shows he has turned over a new leaf.

Maybe there have been some after that but they're the only links I've seen on here.
  • kravchickravchic Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You and me both, though I prefer him clean shaven.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Perez was nasty before. Yeah he wrote mean things but that was part of his job just like other newspapers/bloggers etc but unlike them I'm so glad he decided to stop. He helped Katy Perry and Gaga become famous advising them and supporting them.

I think Perez changed alot after the death of Tyler Clementi and when he became a father.

Its unfortunate that people in the UK don't get his humour. Alot of the people that hate him seem like the people that would secretly be part of UKIP. He's new to the UK unlike other Americans like Visage and Best (who I still consider American) who have spent alot of time here. I've watched him appear on American Daytime TV shows and everyone loves him. He's amazing.

I hope his heart heals soon. He's a decent person. Unlike attention seeking Hopkins. She was the same on the apprentice. She had no shame when someone called her up on shagging another candidate in the attic regularly in front of Lord Sugar. No embarrassment. Nothing.

Thank you for this information it puts many things into perspective.;-):)
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I have no interest in anybody's life outside the house. I always look on them as the way they behave in the house only. Perez behaved terribly. His language was foul. The way he deliberately made others uncomfortable. Blamed others for his own behaviour, I could go on and on. The man as no morals and no boundaries whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    I thought he was very eloquent, sincere and moving in the Interview post-Oprah. :)

Exactly everything you want in a man and he's fun! ;) Shame I'm not male though lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kravchic wrote: »
    You and me both, though I prefer him clean shaven.

Thats good to hear :D
  • Christ_DeBurgChrist_DeBurg Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    So I guess you didn't watch Big Brother this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly everything you want in a man and he's fun! ;) Shame I'm not male though lol

I thought a lot of that interview was relevant to CBB - about his philosophy and I think helps to give an insight into his time in the house :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His shoes were colour co-ordinated with his tie :cool:
  • Flora_McDonaldFlora_McDonald Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always look on them as the way they behave in the house only. Perez behaved terribly. His language was foul. The way he deliberately made others uncomfortable. Blamed others for his own behaviour, I could go on and on. The man as no morals and no boundaries whatsoever.

I enjoyed the Perez show. I didn't think his language was any more foul. than others', and to me, he was mostly just acting the fool for a laugh. He was supportive and kind to more vulnerable people, and as far as I could see, he didn't start all the arguments by any means. Once he did get into confrontation situations, he didn't know when to shut up, but that was possibly a natural response to the amount he'd been having to tolerate and bottle up.
  • sallystrawbsallystrawb Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Slightly off topic but as we are speaking of shaveness, I also think he looks better with facial hair...and a pair of shades :cool: :D
  • sallystrawbsallystrawb Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's experience in grovelling meaningless apologies..... like a bus, there'll be a couple more along soon....

And IMO he was vile... and he no reputation for a lot of us, I looked him up because he was a d**k in the house.... and found out he'd been a D**k before he went in also.

why would you look someone up because they were a d**k?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Never read his blog, never really knew who he was before this CBB. I am only judging his behaviour on this series. And he has been simply appaling to most housemates. Deserves the hate
  • mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I have no interest in anybody's life outside the house. I always look on them as the way they behave in the house only. Perez behaved terribly. His language was foul. The way he deliberately made others uncomfortable. Blamed others for his own behaviour, I could go on and on. The man as no morals and no boundaries whatsoever.

Exactly...the only thing I would add is that he so clearly used the few people who supported him in the house it was embarrassing. I knew his name, but nothing about him before launch night. As the others, he was a clean slate with me. It didn't take him long to start smearing and smudging all over the slate and I walk away from him now and still detest him.

In all honesty he makes me sad...I believe Katie H thrives on the hatred and confrontation, but watching Perez you could see moments where it appeared painful to him. Shame he wouldn't alter his behaviour in order to avoid it.
  • LucypherLucypher Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I get why Perez got the love. Some middle-aged women stranded at home by their overweight, controlling husbands are wetting their pants over this ****wit. I bet they just loved him shagging the window; and those Lycra underpants - sheer orgasm! Now I understand why they were supportive of him threatening to anally ravage Callum - their reading material is less Kama Sutra and more Fifty Shades!!

Mind blowing. Tell me this hard-on for Perez is a wind-up!
  • emmaxxsemmaxxs Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucypher wrote: »
    Now I get why Perez got the love. Some middle-aged women stranded at home by their overweight, controlling husbands are wetting their pants over this ****wit. I bet they just loved him shagging the window; and those Lycra underpants - sheer orgasm! Now I understand why they were supportive of him threatening to anally ravage Callum - their reading material is less Kama Sutra and more Fifty Shades!!

Mind blowing. Tell me this hard-on for Perez is a wind-up!

Tell me that whole post is a wind up...
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petulant, self-indulgent, egomaniacal gobshite, soul destroyingly passive aggressive who is undoubtedly a weapons grade shitstain encrusted upon the anus of celebrity culture.

I can not see one redeeming feature in that creature.
  • pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucypher wrote: »
    - their reading material is less Kama Sutra and more Fifty Shades!!!

:confused::confused: I thought that it was the Katie H supporters who were supposed to be the submissive types in search of a dominant figure (according to Judy James)
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member

He DID NOT help Gaga and Perry become famous. He latched on to them in his usual famewhoring way. He's always been a nasty POS or do you think calling Adam Sandlers little girls fat and ugly was just a larf? He's not funny or clever he's just a pot stirring pathetic attention seeking twonk who tries to make himself feel better by berating others. He's still writing nasty crap on his blog and nobody likes him or appreciates his humour in the US. He's shunned by LGBT community there because he's a vicious little gossip who outs people and uses the f word. Why the hell do you think he went to the UK.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scout66 wrote: »
    He DID NOT help Gaga and Perry become famous. He latched on to them in his usual famewhoring way. He's always been a nasty POS or do you think calling Adam Sandlers little girls fat and ugly was just a larf? He's not funny or clever he's just a pot stirring pathetic attention seeking twonk who tries to make himself feel better by berating others. He's still writing nasty crap on his blog and nobody likes him or appreciates his humour in the US. He's shunned by LGBT community there because he's a vicious little gossip who outs people and uses the f word. Why the hell do you think he went to the UK.

I concur, odious little creep.

I could name many good traits about all the other housemates (whether I liked them or not) but with Perez I'm afraid I can't.

Anyway, it's all past history now, nobody died. :)
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have a massive crush on him, he has a beautiful smile. He looked so sad though, genuinely so, on BOTS on Friday night, not easy viewing >:(