Options

Katie Hopkins

Comments

• Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    My response may be harsh but it's based on what you yourself are saying in your posts. That's all I can go on.

I honestly cannot understand how you, or anyone for that matter, knowing that Hopkins has used these truly sickening terms to describe other human beings, let alone ones in such dire and desperate need, can acknowledge so casually - and only usually when pressed by other people - that yes, she was wrong to express herself in these terms, but still come back with this 'yeah but she makes sense on this other issue so she's ok' excuse that so many supporters of Hopkins do.

She is not ok. There's nothing ok about her. Ever.

If you're happy to continue to think she's not so bad and does make sense from time to time, and can casually put her 'cockroaches and 'feral' and “No, I don’t care. Show me pictures of coffins, show me bodies floating in the water, play violins and show me skinny people looking sad. I still don't care." past behind you, fine.

I can't. And sorry, but I will and do judge anyone who can.
    Ok i understand where you're coming from now. Yes, shes said regrettable things in the past but wben all is said and done.....at least they are not actions they are still just words and as much as words do hurt and wound.....they have not physically harmed anyone, she hasnt kolled anyone, blown anyone up, sent thousands to war. All shes guilty of is sometimes saying things in the most controversial way possible......but its not the end of the world is it? (When all is said and done).

And those words were said ages ago and her articles written for the DM, i theoughly enjoy reading them in the main. Now, i know you emphatically hate her and thats your choice but its not particuarly nice to throw around terms like bigot to me is it? Peoplemon here are calling me a racist, a facist and again, a bigot simply because i agree with katie hopkins. If that is how you see me or others see me then thats their choice. I dont mind being judged, considering i do it enough myself.....
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Ok i understand where you're coming from now. Yes, shes said regrettable things in the past but wben all is said and done.....at least they are not actions they are still just words and as much as words do hurt and wound.....they have not physically harmed anyone, she hasnt kolled anyone, blown anyone up, sent thousands to war. All shes guilty of is sometimes saying things in the most controversial way possible......but its not the end of the world is it? (When all is said and done).

And those words were said ages ago and her articles written for the DM, i theoughly enjoy reading them in the main. Now, i know you emphatically hate her and thats your choice but its not particuarly nice to throw around terms like bigot to me is it? Peoplemon here are calling me a racist, a facist and again, a bigot simply because i agree with katie hopkins. If that is how you see me or others see me then thats their choice. I dont mind being judged, considering i do it enough myself.....

Please don't tell me how I feel about her.

I don't 'emphatically hate her'. To hate her would be to give her importance. I do despise her though for her willingness to go so grimly low for attention. And pity her that she feels she has nothing else to offer except her grim lowness.

And words really do matter.

But, as I said above, if you're happy to enjoy and indulge her grim lowness, fine.
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Please don't tell me how I feel about her.

I don't 'emphatically hate her'. To hate her would be to give her importance. I do despise her though for her willingness to go so grimly low for attention. And pity her that she feels she has nothing else to offer except her grim lowness.

And words really do matter.

But, as I said above, if you're happy to enjoy and indulge her grim lowness, fine.
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    She is probably Englands answer to Ann Coulter.... both blonde, both
    heavily right wing

but Ann is a prolific writer of best selling books
    while Katie is just a journalist with a yen to provoke people
    and now a part time radio jock on LBC ( Lots of Bloody Crap ) Radio
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    :D:D:D

There is a difference, you know.
    Emphatically hating someone involves wishing them some kind of harm or not being bothered if they come to harm.
    Despising someone is showing disdain/ repulsion for what they do and the way they conduct themselves.
    Within that context, I don't think it's too difficult to work out what viva.espana means.
    No-brainer, actually.

I don't hate KH. I don't wish her ill. I do despise her for the way she earns a living and I find her behaviour pretty repulsive. Not that she needs it but I actually feel a bit sorry for her.
  • Options
    Lily LayfieldLily Layfield Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean about feeling sorry for her. I think she is completely vile but I think when someone is so full of hate on the level she is it means they are a deeply unhappy person. She is taking all her inner anger out on others to mask her own problems. Basically how all bullies operate.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got a scrap of sympathy for such a bigoted, heinous troll who has had every privilege but chosen to make her life a cesspit of bile and misery.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    There is a difference, you know.
    Emphatically hating someone involves wishing them some kind of harm or not being bothered if they come to harm.
    Despising someone is showing disdain/ repulsion for what they do and the way they conduct themselves.
    Within that context, I don't think it's too difficult to work out what viva.espana means.
    No-brainer, actually.

Quite. Thanks. :)

The only person I currently have 'emphatical hate' for is the unflushed orange turd that is the Trump.
  • Options
    ThornfieldThornfield Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More than KH, I am disgusted by the British media who is so vile and corrupt they use people like her to cause hatred and divsion among the general public. It frustrates me massively how most people can't or won't see that they are being actively manipulated by the likes of Murdoch to fuel their own agendas because they are addicted to feeding off of outrage.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes money. At least until advertisers and sponsors say enough is enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thornfield wrote: »
    More than KH, I am disgusted by the British media who is so vile and corrupt they use people like her to cause hatred and divsion among the general public. It frustrates me massively how most people can't or won't see that they are being actively manipulated by the likes of Murdoch to fuel their own agendas because they are addicted to feeding off of outrage.

Good call!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite. Thanks. :)

The only person I currently have 'emphatical hate' for is the unflushed orange turd that is the Trump.

Haha!
    As some say in Yorkshire "Too full o' wind and watter!"
    His surname is perfect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just wish they d put her on fri sat and sun 10 pm till 1 am
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, it would have been ok with you if she'd specified that she was just referring to male migrants being cockroaches and feral humans, is that what you mean?

Because that's certainly what the above implies.

Well I would agree. Calling migrants rude but apt names pales in significance to the harm they cause the charitable Europeans who are harbouring them.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just words are not so harmless in what is being called a "Post-Truth" era, when people are taking alt right (which Katie embraces) lies as facts. It is not harmless when she was shilling for Donald Trump and going on CNN to attack them for being too critical of him and using talking points right out of the GOP Playbook.
    Donald Trump used words too, and he tweets agressively, but he persuaded people to elect him using words to make promises that he has no intention of keeping.
    Katie Hopkins is harmful because of who she supports and because she writes for the Daily Mail, which is more and more right wing everyday and she gets paid for it. I seriously doubt she can get on TV or that she will ever be a guest on Alan Carr, Chatty Man. And she talks about children being obese, but so is her man Trump and I bet she wouldn't say so, but she can do it to a child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    Well I would agree. Calling migrants rude but apt names pales in significance to the harm they cause the charitable Europeans who are harbouring them.

Maybe if our government didn't get involved in Regime change or deal in the arms trade, people would not need to leave and be so desperate that they will cram themselves and their families onto fishing boats to survive.
    If things are tough financially for us, in one of the richest countries in the world, what is it like for the poorest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Katie Hopkins is harmful because of who she supports and because she writes for the Daily Mail, which is more and more right wing everyday and she gets paid for it.

I've noticed some really sinister changes on what is seeming acceptable on the comments sections these days and it is worrying. I can' t be doing with PC for PC'S sake but comments that would have been unacceptable 5 years ago are emerging without question or challenge now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I've noticed some really sinister changes on what is seeming acceptable on the comments sections these days and it is worrying. I can' t be doing with PC for PC'S sake but comments that would have been unacceptable 5 years ago are emerging without question or challenge now.

I know and this is why words are not harmless. Katie Hopkins knows how to use a dog whistle, she is racist, prejudiced and has politics that seem to be based on Ayn Rand's objectivism, which is very like Paul Ryan. She is out for herself and those that struggle don't matter. It bothers me that only reason that people didn't use racist language was because of Political Correctness, rather than because it is racist and they know that it is wrong. I don't need to be PC, to not be racist, misogynistic, it is how I am.
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know and this is why words are not harmless. Katie Hopkins knows how to use a dog whistle, she is racist, prejudiced and has politics that seem to be based on Ayn Rand's objectivism, which is very like Paul Ryan. She is out for herself and those that struggle don't matter. It bothers me that only reason that people didn't use racist language was because of Political Correctness, rather than because it is racist and they know that it is wrong. I don't need to be PC, to not be racist, misogynistic, it is how I am.

That's why she goes down a storm with the readership of the Daily Mail.

A newspaper read by neo-Nazis, and owned by the grandson of a Hitler apologist. >:(
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzyroz wrote: »
    That's why she goes down a storm with the readership of the Daily Mail.

A newspaper read by neo-Nazis, and owned by the grandson of a Hitler apologist. >:(

It's hard to believe it's the same newspaper that published the front page naming the murderers of Stephen Lawrence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cel Bi Bro kicks off early Jan and apparantly its gonna be new inmates
    verses some previous ...stars.... of past cel bi bro shows

Katie could be one of them ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Very well said!
  • Options
    SalcySalcy Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean about feeling sorry for her. I think she is completely vile but I think when someone is so full of hate on the level she is it means they are a deeply unhappy person. She is taking all her inner anger out on others to mask her own problems. Basically how all bullies operate.

Agree entirely. I think she must have mental health problems, to the extent that she herself doesn't even know or care what her opinion is. She just spouts bile because she knows that's what is paying her kids school fees. She's too much of a failure to do anything else. I think the only way to deal with the fact that vile racists like her are allowed a platform in a national newspaper is to pity them for the hatred and bile they also bring nto their own lives and the lives of those who have had the misfortune to be part of her life. We can refuse to watch her or read what she says, but her children will have to put up with her for life, even though I doubt they are being brought up to be kind and generous human beings themselves somehow!
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

Very well said!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very well said!

Great minds....:D (dittoed).

I was rather hoping her brain surgery might give her a more compassionate outlook on life. I was also hoping to win the Lottery (that I don't play!). :blush:
This discussion has been closed.