Cyber stalking international

TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was wondering if anyone can give me some info. Has anyone ever had to report cyber stalking to the police before? My self and my partner are going to have to tomorrow as the death threats are getting out of hand now (this has been going on for months) and I just don't think they'll take us seriously. This is in another site similar to FB and although the sites banned him he keeps coming back. He had a whole profile page dedicated to me, over 100 writings, photos so on so forth. I only found out last week. He used to send messages to who ever i was dating but i simply clicked block never saw the profile till last week.now he's really going after my partner, spamming his page with death threats and posting photos of himself holding a large kitchen knife saying he's gonna kill him. I mean he used to send me Korean videos of women getting mutilated when he created new accounts, but in his warped mind it's like he hates me, loves me but wants to kill me. The writings I read were VERY disturbing. I likened it to reading Norman Bates letters to mother...except I was mother. Now, this stalker guy lives and is from abroad. I mean I think this guys still in South Korea so no threat right? But now he's claiming to be in Glasgow and we just won't risk it. He's clearly insane. Will they just say there's nothing they can do if he's abroad? Or will they just roll their eyes when we report it? I'm a lil worried we'll look daft.

Comments

• JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would start by reporting it at your local police station, there's no reason they shouldn't take it seriously, especially if you show them all the evidence you have described. They probably won't be able to take any direct action, but I imagine they will pass the evidence onto the authorities in South Korea and hopefully they will be able to put a stop to it.

Don't worry about looking daft, death threats are very serious and I'm sure the police will treat it as such.
  • TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would start by reporting it at your local police station, there's no reason they shouldn't take it seriously, especially if you show them all the evidence you have described. They probably won't be able to take any direct action, but I imagine they will pass the evidence onto the authorities in South Korea and hopefully they will be able to put a stop to it.

Don't worry about looking daft, death threats are very serious and I'm sure the police will treat it as such.

Thank you :) I guess it's the fact he's in South Korea that leads me to fear it's hopeless. Had it been USA or somewhere I'd think they'd be able to do something about it. My only hope is his bomb threat will up the urgency to get this sorted.
  • ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suggest you don't put pictures of yourself on various websites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffawkes wrote: »
    Suggest you don't put pictures of yourself on various websites.

Why? Because of one nutter? No. I'm not going to let some loon stop me from posting photos.
  • luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely report it. They may not be able to do anything at all, but it's best to report it and have it on record, just in case it escalates and he shows up at your house or something.

Something like that is incredibly unlikely, but it's not unheard of. Sadly it did happen in the David Heiss /Matthew Pyke case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luckylila wrote: »
    Definitely report it. They may not be able to do anything at all, but it's best to report it and have it on record, just in case it escalates and he shows up at your house or something.

Something like that is incredibly unlikely, but it's not unheard of. Sadly it did happen in the David Heiss /Matthew Pyke case.

Thank you, I know you're right. It's one if those things that if it were happening to someone else I'd be saying the same thing. I just feel stupid doing it myself :/ but you are right. I'll keep you updated as to what happens.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    Thank you :) I guess it's the fact he's in South Korea that leads me to fear it's hopeless. Had it been USA or somewhere I'd think they'd be able to do something about it. My only hope is his bomb threat will up the urgency to get this sorted.

Don't know how South Korea deal with this kind of thing but they seem like a civilised country, if it was North Korea then it would probably be considerably more difficult to get this resolved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how South Korea deal with this kind of thing but they seem like a civilised country, if it was North Korea then it would probably be considerably more difficult to get this resolved.

Oh haha no I didn't mean it like that, it's more a language thing really. Plus I've no idea on their laws, other country's it's easier to find out about.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of vile creeps out there OP Im so sorry youve been targeted.

I would ring 101 and arrange a visit from the police to you, its how they work now as local police stations are phased out.

Have a folder printed off of the tools posts.

Remember police are humans and one may be more helpfull than another, so try again in few weeks time with another officer but DO NOT diss the first one.

The police will advise you to pull all media pages use a made up id and just tell your mates.

Are you on the public electoral roll? If the know your name and you didnt click the box to not be available on a search then they will know potentialy where you live.

I prosecuted with prison time my vile creep and if he is in glasglow IP address will find him if hes too thick not to post via proxy ip.

Good wishes OP hope you sort this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    Lots of vile creeps out there OP Im so sorry youve been targeted.

I would ring 101 and arrange a visit from the police to you, its how they work now as local police stations are phased out.

Have a folder printed off of the tools posts.

Remember police are humans and one may be more helpfull than another, so try again in few weeks time with another officer but DO NOT diss the first one.

The police will advise you to pull all media pages use a made up id and just tell your mates.

Are you on the public electoral roll? If the know your name and you didnt click the box to not be available on a search then they will know potentialy where you live.

I prosecuted with prison time my vile creep and if he is in glasglow IP address will find him if hes too thick not to post via proxy ip.

Good wishes OP hope you sort this

Thank you so much for the advice. We will set it tomorrow as my other halfs in work at the moment.
  • ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Because of one nutter? No. I'm not going to let some loon stop me from posting photos.

Sort of depends. If you're someone who trades on her looks it may come across that you're advertising yourself; there are lots of oddballs out there as you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffawkes wrote: »
    Sort of depends. If you're someone who trades on her looks it may come across that you're advertising yourself; there are lots of oddballs out there as you know.

Trades in my looks? What? I'd be even more skint than I am now if that were the case.
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus I've no idea on their laws.

And neither will your local cops, but I think it safe to presume that most countries' law enforcement agencies will do something about one of their citizens sending death threats.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Are you absolutely sure this guy is in South Korea and not using a proxy to pretend that's where he is? I'd screenshot everything and let the police deal with it.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think he's ever been to one of your orgies?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Do you think he's ever been to one of your orgies?

Haha no
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you absolutely sure this guy is in South Korea and not using a proxy to pretend that's where he is? I'd screenshot everything and let the police deal with it.

Never 100% site but pretty sure. He writes in Korean, sends Korean language videos (you know when the text below the YT is in Korean). Let's just hope shall we say.