Males destroying the females again(YAWN)

Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
Forum Member
✭✭
I've come to the conclusion that there should be separate shows for the 2 genders. Yet again It's embarrassing to watch how easily the males are dominating the females. The main reason females must be put in is to cook up those cringey showmances. Minus the odd exception, the males tear the females up every season. The useless Skyscraper was dismissed with consummate ease. Before "beast" Sindy was kicked directly after. Those were supposed to be the "stronger" females. Now what's left of them? that weird skinny 1 with the glasses? what sort of "challenger" is that? And then there's a model with a huge backside just floating about doing nothing. Willow&Ashleigh mostly invisible and hopeless. Pilar like a little pathetic mouse. And Naeha's been seen acting all tough but it's obvious she's all talk.

Comments

• ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is Naeha all talk?
    She could have been put on the block last week, so went and threw Sindy under the bus because it was either that or she'd be the one evicted.
    If you watch live feed, you'll know she knew she was the target this week, so cooked up a plan to stay.

I won't spoil it just in case you don't watch the feeds, but it's gone from 100% her going home, to viewers wondering if she's pulled it off.

Whatever the result, she's shown she's aware of what's going on, that she thinks for herself and is playing her own game, and so has the "weird skinny one with glasses".

The rest I agree with though, every year the girls get walked over - you can guarantee the strong women to be first out the door. I think the only exception to this in recent series was BB15 where Amanda, Elissa and Aaryn had a decent run.

It's frustrating. Nothing worse than the likes of Ashleigh and Willow playing this game.
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Things were going fairly decent for the females if Sindy hadn't completely screwed it all up.

She had the perfect opportunity to throw up a strong guy in that initial renom, instead she put up a girl... then, to my surprise a male was targeted in the next eviction and all signs pointed to a male being evicted.... that is until Sindy decides to go into the HoH room without checking the bathroom area and start running her mouth about the guys, and Kevin, etc,, etc.

This created another opportunity for a female going home and targeted like she caused the first time,. and created more bonds among the guys because of her open and loud talk of the girls needing to stick together.

I don't think the females are out of this yet though, the great thing about BBCAN is that Big Brother/production understands Big Brother and they throw in big twists when needed and shake things up, etc. I still see a female winning actually, Sarah/Willow/Ashleigh perhaps. It's only a few weeks in and so no one knows how it's going to turn out.. The guys are alll bigging themselves up and overconfident now, but it's only a few weeks in... there are already plans in motion to turn on some of the guys and strike early and really there's only a few guys in there who are impressive.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    How is Naeha all talk?
    She could have been put on the block last week, so went and threw Sindy under the bus because it was either that or she'd be the one evicted.
    If you watch live feed, you'll know she knew she was the target this week, so cooked up a plan to stay.

I won't spoil it just in case you don't watch the feeds, but it's gone from 100% her going home, to viewers wondering if she's pulled it off.

Whatever the result, she's shown she's aware of what's going on, that she thinks for herself and is playing her own game, and so has the "weird skinny one with glasses".

The rest I agree with though, every year the girls get walked over - you can guarantee the strong women to be first out the door. I think the only exception to this in recent series was BB15 where Amanda, Elissa and Aaryn had a decent run.

It's frustrating. Nothing worse than the likes of Ashleigh and Willow playing this game.

Neaha is awful at this game, she is being suckered in by Zach and Jordan just like everyone in this house is. But Neaha takes the biscuit at how bad she is at this game. I
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neaha is awful at this game, she is being suckered in by Zach and Jordan just like everyone in this house is. But Neaha takes the biscuit at how bad she is at this game. I

You have to trust people in the game, though. Naeha's true alliance is with Sarah (and Brittnee to a lesser degree), but you can't have all your eggs in one basket, and if it wasn't for her relationship with Zach, he'd be a lot more ruthless with her and want her gone along with the rest of the guys. Instead, whilst he's not protecting her from the other side, he does have influence and has told Kevin and Jordan he's on board with her staying.

You say she's been "suckered" in, and also say she's bad, but would you prefer to watch people like Ashleigh and Willow, who not only get sucked in by the guys, but also HELP them get to the end, knowing they're going to be cut as soon as they're not needed?

Give me someone like Naeha who is actively playing the game than girls who seem to care more about a showmance than the game and are just going along with whatever the last guy told them what the plan was.

I know it's early days and they may just be holding back, but right now I'm far less impressed with their game than Naeha's. I've acknowledged her game can be a little sloppy at times, especially when she's panicking (she's had good reason to), but I'd rather a bit of sloppy game play than NONE at all. Neda may have played the 'under the radar' game last year, but she still played the damn game unlike the majority of these girls >:(
  • Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is Naeha all talk?

No I don't watch the feeds, so ok I'll cut Naeha a little slack until I see if she can back up her big talk...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pro_Sniper wrote: »
    No I don't watch the feeds, so ok I'll cut Naeha a little slack until I see if she can back up her big talk...

Ah, well I'm not sure it's entirely fair to judge them yet just based on the very little we've seen on the episodes. What 'big talk' are you on about? We've seen about three seconds of her in the DR, and I think that was her saying the girls are screwed (Kevin catching them out) and that she needs to throw Sindy under the bus in order to save herself... which she did. Apart from that, they've completely ignored her on the highlight show so I'm not sure how you've got that impression of her.

Naeha's been a big target since the feeds were switched on (mainly due to Greig constantly putting a target on her back - Naeha this, Naeha that) when, really, she hasn't done much to 'earn the respect' (if that's the right phrase to use?) of being a big threat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, well I'm not sure it's entirely fair to judge them yet just based on the very little we've seen on the episodes. What 'big talk' are you on about? We've seen about three seconds of her in the DR, and I think that was her saying the girls are screwed (Kevin catching them out) and that she needs to throw Sindy under the bus in order to save herself... which she did. Apart from that, they've completely ignored her on the highlight show so I'm not sure how you've got that impression of her.

Naeha's been a big target since the feeds were switched on (mainly due to Greig constantly putting a target on her back - Naeha this, Naeha that) when, really, she hasn't done much to 'earn the respect' (if that's the right phrase to use?) of being a big threat.

Nothing specific..just everything I've seen from her so far in the main shows. It may not be a lot but I have the knack of reading people from very little info...

I'll be a little surprised if I were wrong about her and her feeble game..but my knack is not infallible ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing specific..just everything I've seen from her so far in the main shows. It may not be a lot but I have the knack of reading people from very little info...

I'll be a little surprised if I were wrong about her and her feeble game..but my knack is not infallible ^_^

I'm not saying your observations are wrong (I agree with some of them!), but I don't understand how you can feel so strongly (strong enough to start a thread and pick the girls apart) when we haven't even seen one minute of their individual game play on the episodes yet.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year the final 7 was 5 girls & 2 guys???
    again?
    Neda controlled that house & helped get the guys out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not saying your observations are wrong (I agree with some of them!), but I don't understand how you can feel so strongly (strong enough to start a thread and pick the girls apart) when we haven't even seen one minute of their individual game play on the episodes yet.

"individual game"? This is the whole point, NONE of these weak ass females seem to have any. Just as I suspected the "beast" that is Naeha followed the useless Skyscraper and "beast" Sindy. LOL at the weird skinny girl crying like a complete idiot when she had to kick 1 of the useless pair out. And Britnee acting all mad and telling us she's "sick of being used as a pawn" LOL the only reason she remains there(and could remain there for quite some time) is for that sole reason. And Willow&Ashleigh allowing themselves to be used by the real "chop shop" members just so they can stay a little longer. When those 2 do that little chop shop hand movement they just look ridiculous.

Also, I noticed in the latest challenge for the HOH they clearly set it up so that useless pawn Britnee and weird joke of a player Sarah would win it. They even have to cheat to let the females win some comps. Unless they cheat or all the guys deliberately throw them, it's hard to envisage this crop of females ever winning 1. Why don't they start introducing tasks that women hold an advantage over men; hoovering, ironing, washing dishes, and all sorts of other domestic chores? Utter farce.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I noticed in the latest challenge for the HOH they clearly set it up so that useless pawn Britnee and weird joke of a player Sarah would win it. They even have to cheat to let the females win some comps. Unless they cheat or all the guys deliberately throw them, it's hard to envisage this crop of females ever winning 1. Why don't they start introducing tasks that women hold an advantage over men; hoovering, ironing, washing dishes, and all sorts of other domestic chores? Utter farce.

Wow how stupidly stereotypical of you and WHEY you just pushed the womans movement BACK 50 years...WOW great on you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow how stupidly stereotypical of you and WHEY you just pushed the womans movement BACK 50 years...WOW great on you.

Don't be ridiculous. I was just making the point that these are the sort of desperate measures they need to be stooping to in order to balance up the male dominated house with the terribly weak females they've cast. Being unwilling to generalize in certain areas(when the evidence to back it up is overwhelming) is just plain silly. Even in the name of protecting "the women's movement"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you purposely ignoring all the points previously made?
    About how last year it was Neda who was controlling the boys [Jon, Adel] and even Sabrina for the first few weeks.

It was the boys making brash decisions and not thinking strategy bar Jon [Who was guided by Neda].

Also in BBCAN1 Jillian won 4 HOH's... Including some real tough competion, she has the record holder for the most HOH wins & guess what... shes a girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be ridiculous. I was just making the point that these are the sort of desperate measures they need to be stooping to in order to balance up the male dominated house with the terribly weak females they've cast. Being unwilling to generalize in certain areas(when the evidence to back it up is overwhelming) is just plain silly. Even in the name of protecting "the women's movement"

Would you have made this thread last year then for the other way round? Considering the women were outnumbering the males 5 to 2 in the final 7.

Thats a bigger difference than 7 to 5 as it stands at the moment & you've made this thread:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you purposely ignoring all the points previously made?
    About how last year it was Neda who was controlling the boys [Jon, Adel] and even Sabrina for the first few weeks.

It was the boys making brash decisions and not thinking strategy bar Jon [Who was guided by Neda].

Also in BBCAN1 Jillian won 4 HOH's... Including some real tough competion, she has the record holder for the most HOH wins & guess what... shes a girl.

I'm not ignoring anything. If the males weren't dominating in any way in last year's Can version then I'm obviously not talking about that. Also, the idea that Neda was controlling the boys is absurd. Jon in particular simply used her and then easily disposed of her when the time was right. Jillian was an exceptional female player and a perfect example of how females CAN compete with males(both mentally and physically) but the casting of the females clearly has to be made with much more care.

Anyway at least this crop of females are really good for a laugh. I'm starting to enjoy the comedy they're bring to the show; I watched ep 7 last night and I'm still laughing from when Britnee declared that she and Sarah would be "the final 2" :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon did not use her, Neda was using him. He just happened to win the final HOH, winning 1 quiz at the end does not make you a better player lol. Neda was going to get rid of Jon at F4 but he won veto, she was also going to get rid and take Sabrina to the F2, she was one step ahead trying to get rid of him at the F4 instead of F3 but he happened to win the comp. Examples of when she used Jon: She got him to veto Rachelle and nominate + evict Arlie [one of his best friends, and one of the guys with him & Adel] instead of Alison.

She got him to agree to F3 with her & Heather, despite her & heather wanting to go to F2 & using him.

She basically chose who was evicted between them...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plenty of "the game" is open to interpretation..but it all boils down to the fact that Jon won when he needed to. As do a high % of males over females. Neda gets too much credit for being this "great player" when really she was average at best. Jillian was in a completely different league to that silly little "superfan".

Line of the ep(8): Britnee to Sarah: I don't even want to win HOH anymore :D Big Brother probably told her they couldn't fix any more easy wins for her..so she's putting it about that she's not interested in winning them in advance of her miserable failures in all those that remain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just when I thought Sarah couldn't possibly surpass her joke status as a BB competitor.. she goes and proves me wrong. A couple of minutes into ep9 she was seen in the DR talking about winning the HOH so she could keep "dominating" the house...a few minutes later she was seen "taking part" in the HOH..sitting petrified of going down a little water slide!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't quite reached BBUSA standards yet when we get the same repetitive boring bro alliances destroying all the girls with minimal/zero effort year after year after year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    It hasn't quite reached BBUSA standards yet when we get the same repetitive boring bro alliances destroying all the girls with minimal/zero effort year after year after year.

I definitely tend to lean towards supporting the females every year due to these 'bros' always controlling the game, but I've been thinking about it, and is it really as prominent as we think it is?

BB16 - yes, okay, the guys ruled and the girls were completely useless.
    BB15 - Three guys evicted first, The Moving Company blown up, Amanda controlled the house via Aaryn who won the comps for her. Elissa fan favourite. Definitely a female dominant series.
    BB14 - The males dominated, but not in a 'bro alliance' way. Dan controlled most of the game, with Ian and Frank making some moves, but they weren't an alliance. They all had their own alliances and the females were involved in them.
    BB13 - Porsche/Kalia/Daniele fantastic, strong female alliance. Shame producers stepped in at final six and completely ruined it for Porsche and Kalia. Other alliance consisted of Rachel/Brendon/Jeff/Jordan - again, no bro alliances.
    BB12 - Brigade.

BBCA2 - Kenny/Andrew was about as close as we got to any sort of male dominant, bro alliance.
    BBCA1 - Tom/Emmett/Peter/Alec fell apart pretty quickly. Peter/Alec liked to think they ran the show but were actually useless.

So, from the series I've watched, I'd say only BB12 and BB16 had 'bro alliances'.
    I think the biggest problem in the game when it comes to gender is that 'the house' don't give a second thought to splitting up any female friendships (Kalia/Porsche/Daniele, Helen/Elissa, Aaryn/GinaMarie/Kaitlyn, Britney/Monet, etcetc.) whereas when it comes to the bros, people are so scared to make a move on them, so the male friendships (i.e. Jordan/Zach, Andrew/Kenny) tend to last longer which is maybe why some believe the bro alliances dominate much more than they actually do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting, Reserved. Although we must bear in mind how the game is played collectively(particularly at the beginning) and predominantly male driven to remove other male threats. Perhaps more revealing would be to tally up over the seasons how many big male threats the females have been chiefly responsible for getting rid of?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jillian nominated & got Alec out in BBCAN1 [A big male Threat]
    Jillian nominated & ensured that Peter was evicted [I remember him then throwing a tantrum :D & refusing to vote for her in Jury :D] in BBCAN1, I'm not sure if I'd call Peter a big threat though, he is one of dumbest players to ever play BB!

Neda hit the final nail in the coffin for Kenny, after gunning after the first 5 & then winning the HOH to finally get rid of possibly the biggest threat in the whole game.

Neda also got rid of Arlie, a big threat to her game, she convinced Jon to nominate & evict him, despite Jon wanting either Sabrina/Alison out. Neda really didn't want a female to go, and got Jon to go after one of his best friends, convincing him it was best for 'there' game.

BBCAN 3 - Britnee/Sarah taking out Graig in a great plan, Graig still didn't realise that Johnny was never the target :D

There has been quite a few big moves by girls

But yeah, I do see what you mean, it only seems to be Jillian & Neda from the first 2 series making the big moves
  • Linus2Linus2 Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'd call Peter a big threat though, he is one of dumbest players to ever play BB!
    Sorry but that´s crap. They did good until Alec got his mancrush on Andrew. If Alec would have told Peter that Andrew wants him gone they would have voted that guy out during that instant eviction. Then Emmett would still have worked with Peter/Alec.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linus2 wrote: »
    Sorry but that´s crap. They did good until Alec got his mancrush on Andrew. If Alec would have told Peter that Andrew wants him gone they would have voted that guy out during that instant eviction. Then Emmett would still have worked with Peter/Alec.

He knew himself that Emmett, Jillian, Andrew & Talla were together.

Emmett made his first game mistake of nominating Topaz & Talla

Peter won veto, he didn't even veto Topaz off to evict Andrew!

Making a fool move of saving Andrew once over AJ, foolish.
    Making the EXACT same MISTAKE of saving Andrew who you KNOW is against you over an ally you KNOW you have, EXTREMELY STUPID. Topaz even told him...

And just like that he was evicted the next week :D

I think hes the stupidest player to player the game in BBCAN :)

I remember Emmett & Jillian bursting out laughing in the DR when he did that, Jillian said something like "Why on EARTH would he do that, we promised him nothing :D:D"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never has there been more of a sore loser than Peter also.

He was rallying all the jury to vote for Talla over Jillian/Emmett/Andrew, as he was so butthurt & being evicted as well!

Also the fact he was calling Jillian 'stupid' for evicting Alec & then himself, when it was anything but considering they'd both nominate her.