Options

Will Nigel Farage destroy the Greens chances in the debates?

2»

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andykn wrote: »
    Because the world is a much smaller place now. The UK reducing its population on its own won't do any good to the [global] environment. The best way to reduce the [global] birthrate is to increase [global] prosperity, eventually to the extent people will be free to choose where they live and not want to be economic migrants.

Nice idea in theory but you need to have a world where Somalia, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are as nice to live and work as Chipping Norton, Southern California or Bondi Beach. Not going to happen. There will always be some places more desirable than others.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Nice idea in theory but you need to have a world where Somalia, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are as nice to live and work as Chipping Norton, Southern California or Bondi Beach. Not going to happen. There will always be some places more desirable than others.

By that logic, we'd already have the whole population of Europe living in Chipping Norton, and the whole population of the USA living in Southern California. People just don't move to the most "desirable" place they are legally entitled to live. There are many other factors involved.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    MattN wrote: »
    Even Ed will destroy Bennett in a debate

I think he would. I think Ed could be quite good in the debates, if they go ahead, he may surprise people. Or I'm hoping at least. :p
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he would. I think Ed could be quite good in the debates, if they go ahead, he may surprise people. Or I'm hoping at least. :p

He'll probably do better than people think, as they are expecting a disaster, so he may end up benefiting, even if he is merely awful.
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it is no coincidence that the Green voter is typically middle class and left wing. They can afford to make the sacrifice that the Greens are demanding of us all. They are also shielded, due to their wealth, from the negative side of immigration........

Ain't that the truth!
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    CRTHD wrote: »
    Ain't that the truth!

No, it's not! Greens are often far from wealthy.
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member

Dragging their religious beliefs out of the dark ages would help.
  • Options
    andyknandykn Posts: 66,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As there are in the UK now. But not everyone from Scotland moves down South.:D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andykn wrote: »
    As there are in the UK now. But not everyone from Scotland moves down South.:D

Indeed. But in the UK we've still had generations of people (including myself) moving from the regions to live and work in the South East for better job prospects. If we can't stop economic migration in the UK then what hope have we of doing it on a global basis?
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    That doesn't follow.

So tell us how it works.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Farage will create an earthquake when the debates happen, support will go through the roof because what he says is what millions of people think but keep it quite.

Millions? I don't even know one person who agrees with him or would vote for him.