Options

Lucas Murders

merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello,

sorry that most of this is is the spoiler tab :eek:, i just don't want to upset someone - but would like some clarification and thoughts on a future stoyline.

thanks

when lucas murders the prostitute next week - will this storyline soon be dropped due to the similaity with what is going on in the press? In the past we have seen storylines either changed or axed and was just wondering what people's reaction would be? I pesonally think it would be sad to axe it, but must be horrific for the families to watch Also how late would they leave it before announcing the dopping of a storyline?

Comments

• Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

sorry that most of this is is the spoiler tab :eek:, i just don't want to upset someone - but would like some clarification and thoughts on a future stoyline.

thanks

<snip>

Fix the Spoiler Tag!!! :eek::eek:
  • Options
    merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry i don't post often :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew... that's more like it. :D
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats actually an interesting point I hadnt thought of! Surely it'd be to late to drop it though.. It seems like the Lucas reveal isnt that far away, so it'd be pretty hard to skirt around it now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the plot should maybe be delayed but not dropped. It's been well publicised and every respect to the Bradford murders but it would be a shame not to see the original plot unravel now. :)
  • Options
    MuckozMuckoz Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    who gives a crap about prostitutes feelings
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muckoz wrote: »

The families of them, you idiot!! they were still human beings so show some respect!!!
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im loving the storyline and think its a brilliant twist to have Denise lose her memory and remain with Lucas after hes tried to kill her. I hope they keep it up though and Lucas kills a few more. Id like to see him kill Liz, Adam and either Chelsea or Libby.
  • Options
    MuckozMuckoz Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    The families of them, you idiot!! they were still human beings so show some respect!!!

the whole point of a prostitute is no emotional link.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole point of a prostitute is no emotional link.

With their clients yes, but not their families!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Thats actually an interesting point I hadnt thought of! Surely it'd be to late to drop it though.. It seems like the Lucas reveal isnt that far away, so it'd be pretty hard to skirt around it now.

It is a bit late to drop it. Perhaps they should warn people before it starts about the content?
  • Options
    kathy72kathy72 Posts: 169
    Forum Member

They're still someone's daughter :(
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look I'm all for respecting victims of homicide or families of victims feelings but they are talking about the dangers prostitutes face every day and and surely EE going ahead with this storyline is a way of highlighting this
  • Options
    kathy72kathy72 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Look I'm all for respecting victims of homicide or families of victims feelings but they are talking about the dangers prostitutes face every day and and surely EE going ahead with this storyline is a way of highlighting this

Not disagreeing with you xx

They do face these dangers and people don't see that. I was trying to say to the poster who said who cares about their feelings that they are still a woman (usually young) with a family that loves them.

Off topic but it really does annoy me when the papers say (loke recently) 'the body of a prostitute' or 'another pprostitute killed'

Why can't they just say 'women' or girl' :cry:
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kathy72 wrote: »

They do face these dangers and people don't see that. I was trying to say to the poster who said who cares about their feelings that they are still a woman (usually young) with a family that loves them.

Off topic but it really does annoy me when the papers say (loke recently) 'the body of a prostitute' or 'another pprostitute killed'

That actually bugs me to! I know they choose to be prostitues, but they always seem to be refered to that way.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Agree re that but they probably mention the women are prostitutes so anyone working as a prostitute can be aware of the danger they can potentially be facing
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should it be dropped?

People get cheated on everyday and they can still sit and watch Eastenders with its numerous affairs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Why should it be dropped?

People get cheated on everyday and they can still sit and watch Eastenders with its numerous affairs.

I don't think it should be dropped. There's often upsetting things on TV programmes. They upset people for different reasons. EE and the other soaps are fiction anyway.
  • Options
    toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member

I was actually quite impressed with the news the other day when I was either listening or watching (can''t remember)

The newsreader said "Women working as prostitutes" rather than just "prostitutes"....
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Why on earth does he kill the hooker? :confused:

Surprised this hasn't been dropped given recent headlines.
  • Options
    king_walnutking_walnut Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should recent headlines affect a storyline.

My friend got hit by a car a week ago and nearly died, he's still in hospital. Leon getting hit by Fatboy's ice cream van didn't bother me in the slightest.

Shit happens, get on with it and shut up.
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    They're still someone's daughter :(

And they're still humans. You don't deserve to die just because you're a prostitute- I think some people forget that.
  • Options
    bella82bella82 Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    sorry if im being a bit backward but dosnt lucas kill ben?? hes not a lady of the night is he?? People r people and they do what they have to do to survive, if the only way to survive/live is doing prostitution then so be it, everyone has a choice, if prostitution is what u choose then thats ur choice, there are other jobs out there but its what u want really, how drivrn u r at the end of the day
  • Options
    factor50factor50 Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is not 'happening in the press' or just 'recent headlines'. Its actually happening here in Bradford!! Women in this city have been brutally murdered and their remains are still missing.

And comparing these events with people having an affair is very insensitive.

I think the BBC should speak to the immediate families of the victims before they show it or change it.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon they will edit the plot slightly.