• Options
    ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully he's emigrated to Mars.
  • Options
    alunrwalunrw Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Brian Conley is in Panto in the Cardiff New Theatre, I see the poster daily.
  • Options
    John.DitchfieldJohn.Ditchfield Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alunrw wrote: »
    Brian Conley is in Panto in the Cardiff New Theatre, I see the poster daily.

I bet Larry the loafer is in a charity shop
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was playing Edna Turnblad opposite Les Dennis' Wilbur in a tour of Hairspray until October.
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find him funny :o
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Brian Connolly, perhaps his comedy is a bit old fashioned now but he's a versatile entertainer and been successful in the West End.

I wouldn't mind him taking over Strictly if Brucie decided to retire.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    I love Brian Conley, for ages I had a sugar cube he spat out during his act. It slowly gave way over the years. SAD but I loved it.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant bear the man. His act appeared to consist soley of him gurning at the screen and talking in a Tommy Cooper accent.

Appaling. Comedy for grannies.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Cant bear the man. His act appeared to consist soley of him gurning at the screen and talking in a Tommy Cooper accent.

Appaling. Comedy for grannies.

That's me told then!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I saw brian conley in bristol a couple of years back doing a 'best of' show. He was brilliant. Sang brilliantly did lots of his old characters and some stand up. Whats wrong with being an old fashioned comic? He's good at what he does and there's plenty of us(who aren't grannies) who like him.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been a fan of his tv work but I went to see him in panto last year with some friends and our kids and he was great. Stuff like panto is what he was born to do and he held the show together perfectly.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I saw him live in Blackpool in September and he was fantastic. Same with the other acts who were also doing the show.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He died in 1997 sadly.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brian Conley's got a pretty amazing threatre track record so might spend more time treading the boards now. He has won accolades here and on Broadway for his performances so I doubt he's the one-trick pony some people might think he is. An no, I'm not his agent :D
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I love BC he makes me laugh and one year I got a surprise went to see the Ratpack xmas show and he was doing panto next door and during his panto break he ran along to the Ratpack and did a number with Frank Dean and Sammy I know it sounds naff but it was great!
  • Options
    Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    He died in 1997 sadly.

Sweet!
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    Lildeakin wrote: »
    I saw brian conley in bristol a couple of years back doing a 'best of' show. He was brilliant. Sang brilliantly did lots of his old characters and some stand up. Whats wrong with being an old fashioned comic? He's good at what he does and there's plenty of us(who aren't grannies) who like him.

Good for you I like him too and I'm not a grannie not yet anyway not until May this year.:D
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw BC live in Blackpool at the start of his career, It wasn't even a theatre just a bar on the seafront with acts. He was brilliant, a definate cut above the other acts. He is a very versatile all round entertainer IMO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Brian too! Saw his theatre show a couple of years ago - so funny, was crying with laughter. Waited after the show for autographs and photos and he made sure everyone got a picture that wanted one (and there were loads of us!) and had a chat with us. He and my hubbie bonded over them having kids about the same age and then they had a joke at my expense. Such a lovely man - I won't hear a word against him!
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Bloke wrote: »
    Sweet!

What's sweet about someone dying!?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,018
    Forum Member
    What's sweet about someone dying!?

This may sugar any bitterness.
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    I find him funny :o

He's brilliant.
    He's my tip to host Strictly.
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend met him on Blackpool pier some years ago and said he was pissed but very charming....he insisted on giving her thirty quid.:)
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mia75 wrote: »
    He's brilliant.
    He's my tip to host Strictly.

he would be great for this, a younger, better version of Brucie