Options

For a fan of the show, Nadia has totally misjudged this..

thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was previously quite a fan of Nadia and on launch night she was my favourite to win.
She spoke to Emma about being a fan of the show and I've seen her on BBBOTS a few times and she always came across as a sensible, forthright and funny woman.

Which makes her behaviour on CBB a mystery to me. She knew who Perez was and must have known the public perception of him - so why on earth is she so eager to form an alliance with him?

She was gunning for Katie from day one, as I imagine most people would be, I wonder if she saw a Nadia vs Katie situation as her ticket to the final? Since Katie has turned out to be a complete dud and a non-starter she turned her attentions to Ken..

Now, I think Ken was an odious man BUT the way Nadia behaved was totally unacceptable. If the gender roles were reversed in that situation just imagine the outcome.

Now that Ken is gone, I think Nadia sees this as a personal victory - I think she has totally misjudged how the public will see her.

With Ken gone and Katie, up to now, doing nothing of merit I wonder where Nadia will set her sights?

Comments

• Options
    zabezabe Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I was previously quite a fan of Nadia and on launch night she was my favourite to win.
    She spoke to Emma about being a fan of the show and I've seen her on BBBOTS a few times and she always came across as a sensible, forthright and funny woman.

Which makes her behaviour on CBB a mystery to me. She knew who Perez was and must have known the public perception of him - so why on earth is she so eager to form an alliance with him?

She was gunning for Katie from day one, as I imagine most people would be, I wonder if she saw a Nadia vs Katie situation as her ticket to the final? Since Katie has turned out to be a complete dud and a non-starter she turned her attentions to Ken..

Now, I think Ken was an odious man BUT the way Nadia behaved was totally unacceptable. If the gender roles were reversed in that situation just imagine the outcome.

Now that Ken is gone, I think Nadia sees this as a personal victory - I think she has totally misjudged how the public will see her.

With Ken gone and Katie, up to now, doing nothing of merit I wonder where Nadia will set her sights?

DCI Nastier Sawalha will be roaming the house, blue light flashing, looking for injustice where none appears, hunting down the sexist, racist, bigoted HM's, (having looked in the mirror and spied one, discounts that suspect cos she's a Loose Woman!) righting wrongs and tending to the afflicted....don't you fret. Her sights will be firmly set on whoever she sees as weaker and less able to deal with her bullying ways.
  • Options
    missbeeniemissbeenie Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Nadia have to set on her sights on anyone, why can't it just be a case of there was someone in the house she didn't get on with.

It's has really saddened me to see so many people demonising Nadia for wanting to help and been a voice of reason for some of the hms that have become upset.

Yesterday people were complaining that again she was interfering with Alicia, it was hard to believe that Alicia had been sitting next to Nadia talking to her, unlike Perez who had to sprint around the table to get involved. While some of her comments maybe seen as bit ott for the circumstance, as we don't see fullness of the house I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missbeenie wrote: »
    Why does Nadia have to set on her sights on anyone, why can't it just be a case of there was someone in the house she didn't get on with.

It's has really saddened me to see so many people demonising Nadia for wanting to help and been a voice of reason for some of the hms that have become upset.

Yesterday people were complaining that again she was interfering with Alicia, it was hard to believe that Alicia had been sitting next to Nadia talking to her, unlike Perez who had to sprint around the table to get involved. While some of her comments maybe seen as bit ott for the circumstance, as we don't see fullness of the house I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I

I'm not demonising Nadia, I was a huge fan of hers before she went in.

I agree that she was was good calming Chloe down after the incident with Jeremy and I think that was a natural instinct. Her behaviour afterwards though, joining Perez in the snug after his fight with Ken seemed to be her wanting in on what she sees as a vote winner - Nadia vs Ken.
    It seems to me that she is calculating what she thinks the public will want to see and getting it horribly wrong. I honestly think she went in hoping for a confrontation with Katie and now that hasn't happened she is looking for the next vote winner.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be extraordinary that the forum is so extraordinarily supportive of Katie and vehement about the 'vileness' of Nadia - if the same thing didn't happen every year.

Katie is not quite that awful (though I think, perhaps, on the evidence of her skipping about as Alicia's personal belongings were trawled through, she is) and Nadia is annoying; ergo Katie's great and Nadia's the spawn of the devil.

I give you the logic of DS..............................
  • Options
    purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that she is calculating what she thinks the public will want to see and getting it horribly wrong.

Possibly, but I prefer to think she is just reacting to the house and being herself in trying circumstances. I would imagine that the house can exaggerate traits, so Nadia may come across more forceful than usual,

She may well look back and cringe, but I think she comes from an honest place.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    You say she turned her attention to Ken away from Katie, but that's not what happened. She's been making constant little digs at Katie behind her back - the towel thing, bitching with Perez in the garden, bitching with Patsy and so on. She thinks by doing this the public will love her because they hate Katie - the reason its backfiring is because Katie is possibly the most popular at the moment.

She also went against Ken because she thought the public would hate him, when in fact people turned against Nadia even more, and on top of it all, Katie sums it up perfectly by saying the public should be deciding who goes and that people shouldn't feel the need to censor things - whilst Nadia is going on about how she was going to leave because of Ken. Another point to Katie there.

Nadia's an idiot.
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I too was a Nadia fan before she went and I don't really understand why she thinks the way she has behaved on occasions is doing her any favours.. Ken was a nasty little man but the way she harangued him when he was on the bike and refused to let anyone else have a say turned me off her.. She just brushed other opinions aside with an imperious wave of her hand/arm.
  • Options
    Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her game plan from day one was to go right for Katie and show faux outrage at everything she says. She thinks that's what the public would want to see. She has seriously underestimated us. We are not quite that naive.

Nadia likes to pretend she's a 'mediator' but in reality she's an interfering busybody who just has to stick her nose in. Look at the Jeremy and Chloe incident -- she just had to take control. She made sure she got in that diary room. Then we had the incident when Perez was sent to the Snug. Immediately Nadia was right up behind him, depserate to stick her big nose in. Finally, we had the Ken incident. She goaded Ken until she got the reaction she was hoping for and then took great delight showing her faux outrage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be extraordinary that the forum is so extraordinarily supportive of Katie and vehement about the 'vileness' of Nadia - if the same thing didn't happen every year.

Katie is not quite that awful (though I think, perhaps, on the evidence of her skipping about as Alicia's personal belongings were trawled through, she is) and Nadia is annoying; ergo Katie's great and Nadia's the spawn of the devil.

I give you the logic of DS..............................

I never said that Nadia was vile. I never said that Katie was great.
    I said that Nadia's behaviour is a mystery to me and not what I expected from her and that Katie was dull and a non-starter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has seriously underestimated us. We are not quite that naive.

I love it when people purport to speak for the public at large (not). You and other of your ilk may think she is playing a game, but I don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You say she turned her attention to Ken away from Katie, but that's not what happened. She's been making constant little digs at Katie behind her back - the towel thing, bitching with Perez in the garden, bitching with Patsy and so on. She thinks by doing this the public will love her because they hate Katie - the reason its backfiring is because Katie is possibly the most popular at the moment.

She also went against Ken because she thought the public would hate him, when in fact people turned against Nadia even more, and on top of it all, Katie sums it up perfectly by saying the public should be deciding who goes and that people shouldn't feel the need to censor things - whilst Nadia is going on about how she was going to leave because of Ken. Another point to Katie there.

Nadia's an idiot.

What I meant was I think Nadia was expecting Katie to be an out and out bitch from the word go and for there to be a huge blow up with Nadia emerging as the winner.
    When that didn't happen she resorted to snipes behind her back and to her 'outrage' at Ken.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What I meant was I think Nadia was expecting Katie to be an out and out bitch from the word go and for there to be a huge blow up with Nadia emerging as the winner.
    When that didn't happen she resorted to snipes behind her back and to her 'outrage' at Ken.

Ahh, okay!

It's interesting to watch, as Nadia has tried on several occasions to make out like Katie is a bitch. Theres a video on the big brother website where Nadia starts blaming Katie for doing something and keeps repeating "Katie did it. Katie did it." to a room full of people - she still really believes that Katie will be hated. hahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love it when people purport to speak for the public at large (not). You and other of your ilk may think she is playing a game, but I don't.

"You and your ilk"

Is there any need? Really?

Thankfully, the majority think she's playing a game, so she'll be gone soon! WOO!
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Believe this or believe it not....I'm not bothered either way. :p

In the early nineties Ms Sawahla lived in Highgate.
    The police were regularly called to the property because she and her husband/partner/boyfriend (don't know what he was) were involved in noisy altercations which frequently disturbed the neighbours.
    Maybe he called them....maybe she did.......but she is no stranger to police coming to her door. ;-)
  • Options
    Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought I would change my mind so quickly about any HM as I have Nadia she is a big disappointment,from day one she has had it in for Katie I dont know what she is trying to prove there,she is totally over the top and makes the situations that have happened in the house so much worse to deal with,her and Perez are my least two favourites in the house, I have a feeling she will be there to the bitter end,she night even win:o
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a busybody and can't resist poking her nose into other peoples arguments. I hope she's evicted pretty sharpish.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Well if her new tactic is to sit back and allow the other girls to make fools of themselves, like they did with bananagate, then it's actually quite a good tactic so far.

At the moment I think Nadia's heading to the final as she's popular in the house and is one of the most divisive characters so will likely get a reasonable amount of votes to keep her in.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may be a victim of the edit. We know BB likes to show hm's having certain roles in the house and we don't know what else Nadia might be spending her day doing. She's not the only one to bitch about people. Michelle has made her feelings about Perez quite clear, as has Alicia. Perez moans about katie all the time. At least Nadia has been nice to people when they are upset and tried to make ken see that what he was doing was not right.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is exactly how i thought she would be. Everybody who has been on Loose Woman is unlikeable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You and your ilk"

Is there any need? Really?

Sadly, yes. I might remind you that my words pale into politeness when reading some of the awful labels and judgemental remarks made on this forum in the last week.

Honestly, it's all a bit predictable and tiresome when people wax on about housemates and how much they hate them. The fickle flip flopping displayed on this forum is unequalled in its fickleness.

So yes, there is a need when surrounded by ill thought out comments and moronic arguments.

This place never changes in its output of mediocre drivel and spite filled comments, and that's just me. I just wish people had half a brain to think before they speak on here, and considered their words with a little more craft.

Sadly, I'm expecting too much, as the saying goes, you can't polish a turd. Oops, potty mouth... ;-) :D
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fellow Loose Woman Carl McGiffin was also a control freak and a bit of a stirrer in the house. By contrast, the normally vocal Coleen Nolan seemed cowed by the presence of battle-axe Julie Goodyear.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh, okay!

It's interesting to watch, as Nadia has tried on several occasions to make out like Katie is a bitch. Theres a video on the big brother website where Nadia starts blaming Katie for doing something and keeps repeating "Katie did it. Katie did it." to a room full of people - she still really believes that Katie will be hated. hahaha

I noticed that. She obviously went in as the 'good guy' gunning for Katie, just as Her friends Coleen and Linda went after Julie Goodyear and Jim Davidson. Will these women never learn?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    I noticed that. She obviously went in as the 'good guy' gunning for Katie, just as Her friends Coleen and Linda went after Julie Goodyear and Jim Davidson.

Exactly!

She's done a 'Linda' more so than a 'Coleen'!
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly, yes. I might remind you that my words pale into politeness when reading some of the awful labels and judgemental remarks made on this forum in the last week.

Honestly, it's all a bit predictable and tiresome when people wax on about housemates and how much they hate them. The fickle flip flopping displayed on this forum is unequalled in its fickleness.

So yes, there is a need when surrounded by ill thought out comments and moronic arguments.

This place never changes in its output of mediocre drivel and spite filled comments, and that's just me. I just wish people had half a brain to think before they speak on here, and considered their words with a little more craft.

Sadly, I'm expecting too much, as the saying goes, you can't polish a turd. Oops, potty mouth... ;-) :D

Excuse me for saying so, but it sounds as though there is a bit of the Katie Hopkins about you! :D
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She latched on to Parez as she has met him before on Lorraine. So I guess you can't blame her. However the fact Nadia hasn't seen Parez's nasty side yet is a mystery. Unless she has but just doesn't care.