Options

Michelle's LBGT t-shirt

Vicky8675309Vicky8675309 Posts: 3,759
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1. Is she wearing the t-shirt in case they edit out her claim of representing the LBGT community? so we know what is is representing…

2. Is she donating a % of her money earned, from being in the house, to an LBGT related charity?

3. Is she wearing it to get the LBGT vote? or just because it is a cool and comfy t-shirt

4. Is the LBGT community in general happy with her representation of the community?

Comments

• Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Is she a big supporter of the LBGT community ........................I hadn't realised;-)

She's kept that quiet.
  • Options
    TomAceTomAce Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Love Britain's Got Talent? Maybe she was a judge.
  • Options
    boy_number_8boy_number_8 Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its only a t-shirt.

I find perez's stripped hoodie/jumper more offensive

because its gross
  • Options
    oncemoreoncemore Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they're cheap and you can get them at american apparel. it's a very popular shirt if it's the one i'm thinking about.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    It's all a bit unnecessary in this day and age imho, but then maybe I'm more accepting of all human beings than some? :confused:

More importantly, they have a charity? Does anyone have the contact details for the one for straight men please?!! :D
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oncemore wrote: »
    they're cheap and you can get them at american apparel. it's a very popular shirt if it's the one i'm thinking about.

wearing a tshirt is not being an activist. I cannot find any REAL thing that this woman has done FOR gay rights.

sorry but being PAID to be on a panel of a tv show is not working FOR gay rights LOL

Michelle has a masculine face and i'm glad she's found a niche market for her strong character but she is a hetero and wheneven she starts going into her rant/ finger pointing about how a GAY should act, i think OMG.

I reserve teh right to change my mind IF someone can post ANYTHING this woman has legitimately done FOR equal rights/
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    It's all a bit unnecessary in this day and age imho, but then maybe I'm more accepting of all human beings than some? :confused:

More importantly, they have a charity? Does anyone have the contact details for the one for straight men please?!! :D

To be fair if you look at many countries in Africa,Asia and Eastern Europe you will see how bad LGBT rights are in them countries.
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she just likes it?
  • Options
    Forum Member

The bullying and suicide rates point to the fact that not everyone is accepting, no. Generally people don't get bullied and discriminated against just for being straight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry! My bad! The title should have "LGBT" instead of "LBGT". I don't' know how to edit the title
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Tremendous strides have been made with LGBT rights in Michelle's home country in just the last several years. DADT was abolished in the armed services, more and more states courts are stamping out DOMA type laws, the President and the Vice President have supported marriage equality. However there are still many states where people can be evicted or fired for simply being gay. Michelle was a vocal supporter of LGBT rights and equality long before it became mainstream. Perhaps she was hyperbolic when she was in the DR speaking about Perez representing the gay community but to nit pick and question her commitment to equal rights is just wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    1. Is she wearing the t-shirt in case they edit out her claim of representing the LBGT community? so we know what is is representing…

2. Is she donating a % of her money earned, from being in the house, to an LBGT related charity?

3. Is she wearing it to get the LBGT vote? or just because it is a cool and comfy t-shirt

4. Is the LBGT community in general happy with her representation of the community?

1- She's wearing it because she wants to.

2- I dunno, but why would she?

3- She's wearing it because she wants to.

4- There is no such thing as "the LGBT community" in general or otherwise. But I'm happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scout66 wrote: »
    Tremendous strides have been made with LGBT rights in Michelle's home country in just the last several years. DADT was abolished in the armed services, more and more states courts are stamping out DOMA type laws, the President and the Vice President have supported marriage equality. However there are still many states where people can be evicted or fired for simply being gay. Michelle was a vocal supporter of LGBT rights and equality long before it became mainstream. Perhaps she was hyperbolic when she was in the DR speaking about Perez representing the gay community but to nit pick and question her commitment to equal rights is just wrong.
    Agreed
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    To be fair if you look at many countries in Africa,Asia and Eastern Europe you will see how bad LGBT rights are in them countries.

I completely agree, heartbreaking isn't it. There are also other issues in many countries such as child brides, the sexual objectification of very young girls in Japan and elsewhere etc. And our own country is far from squeaky clean alas. But - back on topic - I don't really think that particular message is going to make much of a difference in Africa, Asia and eastern Europe due to a T-shirt on CBB UK.
    TomAce wrote: »
    The bullying and suicide rates point to the fact that not everyone is accepting, no. Generally people don't get bullied and discriminated against just for being straight.

True and I'm very sad to hear that. I didn't mean to be glib or dismissive in my post but understand that's how it probably came across and this is indeed a serious issue. I've never heard or seen anything about suicide rates and the other problems. Maybe I'm unusual - no-one ever came out at my school but since then whoever I've met who's gay, bi or trans I just see as a person, a soul - not as a physical being with a big label stuck to their head. And I've never seen any discrimination but have heard of name calling - which I get myself for other reasons! A drunken gay guy tried to force me into an act in a toilet once but that wasn't because he was gay for me - no way - it was just him. The same (and just as bad) as aggressive straight guys with ladies, and probably in some cases ladies with ladies.
    Sorry! My bad! The title should have "LGBT" instead of "LBGT". I don't' know how to edit the title

Why should there be an 'order'? Honest (and somewhat rhetorical) question :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True and I'm very sad to hear that. I didn't mean to be glib or dismissive in my post but understand that's how it probably came across and this is indeed a serious issue.
    Hey, no worries :kitty:
  • Options
    irishcykeirishcyke Posts: 375
    Forum Member

This is a bizarre level of bitterness tbh. Kind of icky.
  • Options
    GracelandGraceland Posts: 8,158
    Forum Member
    bbcrzy wrote: »
    wearing a tshirt is not being an activist. I cannot find any REAL thing that this woman has done FOR gay rights.

sorry but being PAID to be on a panel of a tv show is not working FOR gay rights LOL

Michelle has a masculine face and i'm glad she's found a niche market for her strong character but she is a hetero and wheneven she starts going into her rant/ finger pointing about how a GAY should act, i think OMG.

I reserve teh right to change my mind IF someone can post ANYTHING this woman has legitimately done FOR equal rights/

I thought she was perhaps transgender..................
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Graceland wrote: »
    I thought she was perhaps transgender..................

I think she is not Transgender.:)
  • Options
    Jungle CatsJungle Cats Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's secretly quite homophobic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishcyke wrote: »
    This is a bizarre level of bitterness tbh. Kind of icky.

cynicism not bitterness

no need for saying I am bizarre, bitter and icky

based on Michelle's hypocrisy and other negative actions shown on CBB I think the cynicism is warranted, hence it is not bizarre. You find me questioning her motives after what we have seen of her to be icky then I take it you are a fan or dismiss some of her behavior.
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomAce wrote: »

no they get bullied and discriminated against if they arent the Norm. Too tall, too short, too skinny too fat big nose or little nose, bad skin or thin hair, it goes on and on.

Gender is just one thing a person gets picked on for. HOW we respond to the bullying is the true test of character.
  • Options
    thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things haven't come as far as we might think.
    The movie Pride was recently released on DVD in the US and every reference to gay characters was removed from both the cover and the description.

Wearing the t shirt may not be a huge thing but it's a representation. If you listen to the podcast Michelle does with Rupaul you can plainly hear that LGBT issues are something Michelle is passionate about.
  • Options
    Dave_62Dave_62 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle being king of the gays is so cringe making. That, and her constantly reminding how she knows something about brits. It is more embarrassing than anything Katie or Perez has done
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She makes all her money from the lgbt community.

She is a lot like ben Cohen with his charity's they make alot from us gays.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she wears it whenever there is a "vote" to be shown on tv...

like all her t-shirts... she seems to be allowed to canvass support... which must be a first