Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    What I suspect is that we might be getting a few singles and then the album sometime next year. Hopefully the second single will be more successful than Pretty Girls has been. The music video was supposed to be released yesterday but it hasn't been released yet! >:( What's going on? :confused:
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    What I suspect is that we might be getting a few singles and then the album sometime next year. Hopefully the second single will be more successful than Pretty Girls has been. The music video was supposed to be released yesterday but it hasn't been released yet! >:( What's going on? :confused:

It's a complete mess.
    Forum Member
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    It's a complete mess.

It really is! I don't know why. I don't remember a mess like this when Work Bitch was released, apart from the two month delay in the UK release date.
  • Andy18Andy18 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Anyone else think shes ending her residency completely or at least for a good while with jlo starting in January and britney extending hers just till December
    Forum Member
    Andy18 wrote: »
    Anyone else think shes ending her residency completely or at least for a good while with jlo starting in January and britney extending hers just till December

She could just be ending it while JLo's is on. How long is her residency going on for?
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been a few weeks now, and tbh, I am completely disappointed in Pretty Girls, its easily her weakest lead single ever, and the song itself is kind of bland, its fun and girly but it feels like I've heard it all before
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Its been a few weeks now, and tbh, I am completely disappointed in Pretty Girls, its easily her weakest lead single ever, and the song itself is kind of bland, its fun and girly but it feels like I've heard it all before

This is exactly how I feel about it too.

The last album that I liked by Britney was "Femme Fatale".

I still play that one regularly.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    This is exactly how I feel about it too.

The last album that I liked by Britney was "Femme Fatale".

I still play that one regularly.

Femme Fatale is a decent album and probably her most "pop" since Oops. I play it often enough. I play Britney and Blackout the most though and they're usually the ones I always play after dealing with my lecturer. Most of the time though it depends on what mood I'm in and how much contact I've had with that lecturer of mine :p I play the other ones too, but not as often. Work Bitch is kinda her song as that's what she makes the students do! You'd better work bitch or you won't do well in her class :D
    Forum Member
    Having a Britney day again today :D
    Forum Member
    Having a Britney day again today :D

I listened to "Circus" yesterday. :)
    Forum Member

Cool :cool: I really like that album. What are your fave songs from it? I'm listening to Slave 4 U at the moment :D
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Britney who now has 30 UK Top 40 (Singles) Hits as Pretty Girls has just entered the UK Singles Charts at number 16. :)

Awesome. :cool:

I'm now going to listen to the Oops!... I Did It Again album. :)
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    Congratulations to Britney who now has 30 UK Top 40 (Singles) Hits as Pretty Girls has just entered the UK Singles Charts at number 16. :)

Awesome. :cool:

I'm now going to listen to the Oops!... I Did It Again album. :)

Wow that's good news :D O live the Oops album apart from some of the cheesy ballads on it. It seems to be a very underrated and forgotten album by most people, apart from the hardcore fans like us :p
    Forum Member
    Having another Britney day again today :D
    Forum Member
    It looks like a Britney day again today :D I hadn't planned to have one. sometimes those days are the best!
    Forum Member
    Britney working on "harder than hard" new album.

I'm hoping that this album is considerably better than "Britney Jean". It's the only one that I didn't buy.
    Forum Member
    If that's true then I'm very excited! Could a real Blackout 2.0 be finally on the cards? :D Britney Jean was pants, but I bought it anyway 'cos it's Britney bitch! :p Haven't listened to much Britney today as I listened to her a lot last week.
    Forum Member
    This is sweet

:)
    Forum Member
    ^ I love that pic :cool: I like that Britney is so normal and down to earth compared to some celebrities. She doesn't need to wear a posh dress and six inch heels to go to the supermarket and she seems happy when she's with her boys :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Hell no to Blackout 2.0

I want something new from Britney, not a dated sound.
    Forum Member
    Wanita wrote: »
    Hell no to Blackout 2.0

I want something new from Britney, not a dated sound.

The original Blackout still sounds fresh today though. It does not sound dated at all. Her early bubblegum pop albums, on the other hand, do sound a bit dated. Even Britney Jean sounds dated even though it only came out at the end of 2013. What kind of sound do you think Britney should go for on album 9?
    Forum Member
    Britney could be under conservatorship for the rest of her life

What happened to it coming to an end? Very sad :(
    Forum Member
    I'm curled up in bed watching "Crossroads". It's a real guilty pleasure of mine. That said, it's exactly what people would have expected from a Britney Spears film at that time so I don't know why it was so badly reviewed.

Any more news on the new album?
    Forum Member
    I've never seen Crossroads :blush: I'm such a flop fan! I've looked in HMV for a copy but they don't have it, so I might try Amazon. Well the last I heard on the new album was that Britney had recorded a song with DJ Mustard which is supposed to be 'finished' but other than that no word on release date. Vegas has started up again.
    Forum Member
    I'm watching "Bridesmaids" at the moment and I've Just Begun (Having My Fun) is on the soundtrack. I was aware of the song but I'd never actually heard it before. It sounds VERY similar to Hella Good by No Doubt. The production, mainly...

Anyone else notice the similarities?