best EVER jive through-out all seasons

Comments

• Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Well how much time have we got?:D

best jives in no particular order

Lesley and Anton
    Jill and Darren but also Julian and Erin that series because it was enormous fun
    Louisa and Vincent
    Matt and Lilia [people werent expecting Matt to do anything credible as up to that point his latin hadnt been good]
    Gethin and Camilla
    Austin and Erin

but the "best" in terms of choice of song, choreography, outfits, lots of content.......goes to.......

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson DWTS...not been beaten in my view:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Jill and Darren. It's still magic no matter how many times I see it.
  • Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill & Darren followed closely by
    Austin & Erin
  • Options
    GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie and Scott. Sublime!
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Natalie and Scott. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill and Darren by far for me, there was just something very special about that dance. I did really love Louisa and Vincent's jive though
  • Options
    SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    Louisa and Vincent for me - it was watching that that got me hooked on SCD :)
  • Options
    celfyddydaucelfyddydau Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another predicable vote for Jill and Darren, followed by Scccccccccotttttttttttt and Natalie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill and Darren again. Probably my favourite Strictly dance ever in all series.

Special mention I think also to Scott and Natalie, I really enjoyed their jive last year and I thought he did a great job with it. Austin and Erin's jive is still quite memorable as is Louisa and Vincent's. At the time I thought she was overrated and overmarked but her version on the tour DVD is brilliant.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark and Karen's Christmas Jive :D
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thing is, Jill's jive was in week 3 (I think)

so the equivalent of this week in that series

and it was head and shoulders above anything danced in this series so far

and got no more than 8s

Craig scored an 8 first (to riotous applause from the audience, presumably as this was a "high" mark in those days) and the other 3 judges all scored it a 9.

Unfortunately, I didn't watch Strictly back then, so my favourite Jive was Louisa and Vincent's until Scott and Natalie's last year.

Although I could see he was technically able, I didnt enjoy Austin and Erin's Jive; he looked ridiculous when he tried to extend his arms above his head. I think it was Arlene that commented on the issue with his oversized arm/upper body muscles which made him too tight for that dance. She was spot on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be Jill and Darren :) My favorite strictly dance ever !
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill & Darren's was fab, as was Gethin & Camilla's (I think I enjoy Gethin's more, as I prefer the song and I love Camilla's choreography).
  • Options
    MiahMiah Posts: 3,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best jive? Jill & Darren, followed by Louisa & Vincent.

Favourite? Mark & Karen's Christmas jive. :)
  • Options
    Yasmin26Yasmin26 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be Scott and Natalie to hit the road jack. my favorite routine from last year.
  • Options
    Julie JJulie J Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill & Darren
    Scott & Natalie
    Louisa & Vincent
    Austin & Erin
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill and Darren. The jive to which I compare all other jives. It was wonderful
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yasmin26 wrote: »
    It has to be Scott and Natalie to hit the road jack. my favorite routine from last year.

My favourite routine from ever!
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill & Darren's is the yardstick by which all other Strictly jives will be forever compared.

However, I didn't see the original at the time, so perhaps you had to have been there for the full impact. As a result, I admire it without having an emotional response to it.

So my favourite is Scott and Natalie's jive. At the time, I applauded the TV and frightened the cat - it was fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    My favourite routine from ever!

Tell me about it. I still watch it all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    Jill & Darren's is the yardstick by which all other Strictly jives will be forever compared.

However, I didn't see the original at the time, so perhaps you had to have been there for the full impact. As a result, I admire it without having an emotional response to it.

So my favourite is Scott and Natalie's jive. At the time, I applauded the TV and frightened the cat - it was fantastic.

Me too. :)
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louisa and Vincent's for me because when I watched it for the first time I went wow.

Like everyone else really loved Scott and Natalie/Austin and Erin too.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill and Darrens Jive

Fantastic performance.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    walnut699 wrote: »
    Jill Halfpenny and Darren Bennett.

This, best Jive ever. I loved the one they did during the season and the one they did in the final at Blackpool was fabulous.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone whose answer isn't Jill and Darren's clearly haven't been watching the show long enough/are cretins. There's no other dance that has received such acclaim since for so long, she received the first 40/40 in the days before Craig R-H even knew the number 10 existed, and Saint Arlene of Phillips, choreographess extroadinaire, had enough youthfulness in her to be so excited she pickled Len's walnuts for him... She is the nearest thing (with the possible exception of Kara) to being a celeb who could turn pro (see her return to the pro jive in series 6) and her Jive was exceptional...

I'm sorry for being so vague and ambiguous as to my preference; so often I've been called an enigma; it's a flaw I just can't shake...