Well done Lisa

2»

Comments

• pennybelpennybel Posts: 5,223
    Forum Member
    Ithought Lisa did herself proud but was her time to go. Isnt she going straight into Panto sure she will do well and have fun doing that
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    squadge wrote: »
    Totally agree. Lovely comments from her. A very stylish lady! (from one who thought dance wise it was her turn to go).

They were lovely comments I agree:)
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was her time to go, but she did herself proud. Me and Mrs TB shed some tears with her.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of all the Lisa threads, this is the only one I'd like her to read.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spin turn wrote: »
    It was a lovely speech from Lisa. I definitely think it was time for her to go, but she did so very graciously. I think what came across was her love of the whole experience, whereas sometimes celebs seem to see Strictly more as a career enhancer. It was obvious that she put her heart and soul into it, and that Robin had been very supportive.

Well said! I totally agree. :)
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa was presented with an opportunity and she made the most of it and did herself proud in the process. She brought a sense of fun to Strictly that will now be missed in the final.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep saying you dont have to win to get everything worth having out of Strictly. Getting to the final was maybe something that had to be denied Lisa by a bit of manipulation - we'll not know.

Being as popular as Lisa has been with the viewers will be good for her future and Lisa made one of the most graceful exits we have seen. Lisa and Robin succeeded, and you cant argue with success.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa was presented with an opportunity and she made the most of it and did herself proud in the process. She brought a sense of fun to Strictly that will now be missed in the final.

Well said holly, I agree with every one of your lovely words, thank you:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    She was fabulous, and did deserved to get to the semi final on dancing technique alone, when compared to the others that went before her.
    You must have been watching a different series to me then. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Lisa and Robin made me smile every week and I so looked forward to seeing them dance. I loved every dance! Their enthusiam was so infectious, and during what has been a very stressful time for me personally, they made me forget that and feel good. If either of them ever were to see this..."from the bottom of my heart, thank you for that!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa and Robin made me smile every week and I so looked forward to seeing them dance. I loved every dance! Their enthusiam was so infectious, and during what has been a very stressful time for me personally, they made me forget that and feel good. If either of them ever were to see this..."from the bottom of my heart, thank you for that!"

Hear Hear:) Loved watching them dance and listening to them being interviewed - it was the right time for Lisa to go but there is no doubt she has loved her time on SCD:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What truly poignant words Melissa, its so lovely to hear that Lisa and Robin's infectious charm has helped you to smile at such a difficult time, we can only hope and pray that things improve for you very soon, please accept some virtual hugs from Terry X:)
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Just adding my name to the list. Definitely her time to go but I enjoyed watching her most weeks and, as a bit of a barrel myself, had Huge admiration for her putting herself out there, giving all the anti-fattie puff adders a focus for their spleen.
    Good on you, girl.
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    pennybel wrote: »
    Ithought Lisa did herself proud but was her time to go. Isnt she going straight into Panto sure she will do well and have fun doing that

She was lovely to watch and great fun. I hope she does well in her career now, panto is a good start and maybe Emmerdale might offer her a return to the show, it could certainly do with livening up.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    I agree - she did herself proud and got as far as she could have reasonably hoped to be honest with 4 such good dancers left. In other years she may well even have mad the final. She's been a lot of fun to watch and I for one will miss her - even though I agree that this was her time to go.
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    peaches41 wrote: »
    She was lovely to watch and great fun. I hope she does well in her career now, panto is a good start and maybe Emmerdale might offer her a return to the show, it could certainly do with livening up.

She is certainly booked up next year from the Panto through the Strictly Tour and then Craig's Strictly Confidential Tour.

I just want to add my best wishes for Lisa and Robin.

I know the Salsa didn't go well but when she explained that after the spin on the floor, she was facing the wrong way and couldn't find Robin, I laughed so much with her imagining her thinking, "What do I do now!:eek:"

The Smooth in the Dance Off was lovely and much better than the original one but yes, in comparison to the other couples it was their time to leave the competition.

As others have said, she is the only one where her utter joy has shone through each week and I hope she is proud to have reached the semi final, because 5th out of 14 is something to be proud of!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree - she did herself proud and got as far as she could have reasonably hoped to be honest with 4 such good dancers left. In other years she may well even have mad the final. She's been a lot of fun to watch and I for one will miss her - even though I agree that this was her time to go.

It would have been nice to see Lisa romp to victory if it had just been down to the public vote:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    She is certainly booked up next year from the Panto through the Strictly Tour and then Craig's Strictly Confidential Tour.

I just want to add my best wishes for Lisa and Robin.

I know the Salsa didn't go well but when she explained that after the spin on the floor, she was facing the wrong way and couldn't find Robin, I laughed so much with her imagining her thinking, "What do I do now!:eek:"

The Smooth in the Dance Off was lovely and much better than the original one but yes, in comparison to the other couples it was their time to leave the competition.

As others have said, she is the only one where her utter joy has shone through each week and I hope she is proud to have reached the semi final, because 5th out of 14 is something to be proud of!

Me too Salsa, good luck to Lisa and Robin and thank you for the lovely memories:)