NCIS - Gibbs basement

HorizonPeteHorizonPete Posts: 181
Forum Member
It's been a while since it was mentioned on the show but has anyone worked out how Gibbs got his boat out of the basement. I can't remember anything being said since he handed the boat to Mike Franks - other than telling McGee that he "broke the bottle" when asked.

As he's now working on smaller wood projects I don't foresee a point where they'll explain it; unless he gets married and divorced again!

Comments

• kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takes them apart then rebuilds them outside?
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    I don't think it is meant to be explained.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gibbs was asked about it once by someone who had seen several boats being constructed - he didn't answer. I suspect it's never going to be answered
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just a sub-basement garage type thing with an actual door .. all the cameraman has to do is turn around :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be wrong but I think in one episode he gave the impresion that he burned his last boat to have room for the one he was then making. I think the joke is that we never really get to find out what he does with them. I notice that he can go home and work on his current project whilst his team go on solving the latest problem.
  • HorizonPeteHorizonPete Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Spiderpig wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I think in one episode he gave the impresion that he burned his last boat to have room for the one he was then making. I think the joke is that we never really get to find out what he does with them. I notice that he can go home and work on his current project whilst his team go on solving the latest problem.

Can't remember which episode but one of the team asks "where's Gibbs?" and I think Tony says "thinking" and it cuts to a shot of Gibbs sanding in the basement.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Yep, I always thought it was a "question, never answered" to show the mysterious side to Gibbs.

One that puzzles me is the lack of glasses in the basement, and he always has to empty out jam jars with screws and nails in them. I remember my dads garage, and he last thing I would want to drink from is an old jam jar that was filled with screws!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    for a ncis agent his home is very unsecure lol hes often in the basement with the main door unlocked ... anyone could walk in!
    interestingly its only his house we see ... briefly seen zivas thou... i personally would love to see abbys house!
  • richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    flos wrote: »
    for a ncis agent his home is very unsecure lol hes often in the basement with the main door unlocked ... anyone could walk in!
    interestingly its only his house we see ... briefly seen zivas thou... i personally would love to see abbys house!

We've also seen Tony's apartment a few times this series and didn't we see Ducky's house in an earlier series.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony apartment is awesome till u see the single bed lol and we've seen Mgees a few times Aswell.
  • GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ONLY home we haven't seen (yet) is Jimmy's. In fact, I'd love to see a Brian Dietzen episode. His talents are being held back too much. I would love to hear him sing and see him dance. He's apparently very good at both.
    Forum Member
    i dont remeber seeing tonys apparetment :S

i thought duckys house was huge! (watched a episode with it in last night)
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would that be the classic one, when Gibbs is asked "What Ducky looked like when he was young" and replied "Illya Kuryakin"
    Forum Member
    Would that be the classic one, when Gibbs is asked "What Ducky looked like when he was young" and replied "Illya Kuryakin"

yes :)
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes :)

I must get out more. :o
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,051
    Forum Member

Tony's apartment features a lot in the latest season currently screening on Fox. It was the ones when his dad comes back for Christmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonGirl wrote: »
    The ONLY home we haven't seen (yet) is Jimmy's. In fact, I'd love to see a Brian Dietzen episode. His talents are being held back too much. I would love to hear him sing and see him dance. He's apparently very good at both.

just what we need a musical episode (like they have done with a few US shows)
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In one episode when Gibbs was looking after a child whos father had been kidnapped or something, the child asked how is got the boat out and Gibbs replied that he could knock down a wall and build a ramp.