I am sick of the same old crap with Bianca

Comments

• aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Made me laugh when she had one rack of ribs and was going to serve them to the entire clan. They wouldn't have had a rib each. She could have got a sack of spuds and fed the whole square.
  • Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have ni problem with them keeping the storyline up, I just think they are doing it really badly, never elaborating on he situation that moment, what benefits she claims or anything, just.... they are just NOT consistent with her poorness or situation, I feel. ever.
  • NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The kids going door-knocking for food.

She would be raking it in from the DWP with that tribe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    And yet how come Carol managed when Bianca was in prison? I know that throughout most of that they were both off screen, but they obviously weren't starving or homeless! If there were benefits to be had, and I'm sure there are, Carol would definitely see to it rather then see the children living on chicken nuggets, fgs, why do soaps make cooking a meal look so flaming difficult anyway, it isn't rocket science! That whole silly fiasco in the kitchen made me cringe, it's been done so many times before it doesn't bear thinking about!:mad:
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Do you know what I'm sick of?

People wheeling out the same old "She should be getting this/that/every benefit under the sun". Yes, she's probably entitled to something but do people expect Bianca, who isn't exactly brains of Britain, to realise this? Then there's also her pride which has been well established. The way some people on here talk you'd think the benefits are being handed out like sweets when that really isn't the case at all.

Besides, this is hardly the same old crap is it? People are conveniently overlooking the fact that Bianca - shock, horror - did the honest thing in calling the police over the dodgy goods. The Bianca of earlier this year would've been happily flogging it all on the streets but she did the right thing this time, but the mighty DS on it's high horse isn't prepared to accept that. :rolleyes:
    I'm surprised Bianca was that upset Liam flogged some of the dodgy gear.

He made £40, she should have snapped his hands off in delight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Doesnt she have a bank account, bank cards, visa cards, direct debit cards, credit cards, pin and chip:D..The list is endless, a woman of her age should have such things and be able to be independant...sillymoo
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are we expected to take this seriously? Can't the writers do something to make it believable? Do they really expect us to invest in something so ludicrously stupid? The mind boggles.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    The kids going door-knocking for food.

She would be raking it in from the DWP with that tribe.

Yes, she would. And why the hell did she turn down Poppy's offer of work when's she so hard up?
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I want to see Bianca actually having some sort of luck by gaining some sort of inheritance money that would be a drastic change for her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I want to see Bianca actually having some sort of luck by gaining some sort of inheritance money that would be a drastic change for her

I don't actually have a problem with her being poor. There are just more realistic ways they could go about it.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I don't actually have a problem with her being poor. There are just more realistic ways they could go about it.

Neither do I but it's just making her seem so desperate and she could use with a bit of luck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither do I but it's just making her seem so desperate and she could use with a bit of luck.

Some people are just unlucky in life but I get what you mean. My problem with Bianca is that her poverty is both unrealistic and boring:yawn:
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

She did, she got offered a job which is pretty lucky these days and turned it down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Restrained doesn't seem to be in the Eastenders script writers dictionary these days. Bianca can't just be poor, she has to be POOOOOOOOOOORR!!! PHWOOOOR!! LOOK SHE'S POOOOOOOOOOR!!! STUPID AND POOOOOOOOOOORR!!! DO YOU GET IT AUDIENCE!!? Oh, you do? Good, as you were then.

POOR.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rapunzel4 wrote: »
    janine rents it to them cheap. and you would be surprised how much housing benefit covers

When did janine actually say it was cheap? I remember the scene where bianca was asking janine for money in Butcher's Joints then she said something about the contract, but she didn't say how much it cost so there is no way of knowing if its cheap, london rents are far from cheap and janine doesn't even like bianca's clan.
  • rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    When did janine actually say it was cheap? I remember the scene where bianca was asking janine for money in Butcher's Joints then she said something about the contract, but she didn't say how much it cost so there is no way of knowing if its cheap, london rents are far from cheap and janine doesn't even like bianca's clan.

i thought there was mention of her giving then cheap rent as a 'goodwill gesture' since its family

remember 'biancas clan' consist of janines neice and nephew
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

Janine did let them have it cheaper but when they asked for a rental agreement to show the housing people she said that in that case she would ask them the going rate. They settled for the lower price with no paperwork, so cannot claim housing benefits. That's how I remember it.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Janine did let them have it cheaper but when they asked for a rental agreement to show the housing people she said that in that case she would ask them the going rate. They settled for the lower price with no paperwork, so cannot claim housing benefits. That's how I remember it.

I see. So B wouldn't have the rent paid for like all her critics on here are stating.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she should start by ditching that jacket from 1995
  • blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's unrealistic because Bianca isn't doing what YOU would do? Please, spare me.

It's so easy to sit on an internet forum saying "Oh nooooo, she should be doing this, she should be getting that, it's SOOOOO unrealistic blah blah blah blah". I'm sure there are plenty of people in Bianca's situation who for whatever reason do not want to claim the benefits, especially under the current government who appear to be doing everything in their power to reign the benefits system in. It just shows how out of touch some posters on here are, not the EastEnders writers. Some of it will be exaggerated for dramatic purposes but my point still stands.

Good post FP. I don't think anyone's claiming that the story isn't exaggerated, like 99% of soap stories are; just that making ends meet, whether you're on a low wage or on benefits in any climate, let alone this one is a huge struggle for many families.
    JigglyBall wrote: »

I know people who are hard up and living off of benefits. But those are the same people who throw their money away buying cars, and other luxury items as a priority before essentials. We know Bianca isn't doing this...the storyline just isn't realistic, end of story.

I assume the BIB part is a joke? Because there are thousands of people who are on low wages/unemployed and who have benefits that are thrifty with their money and still find it hard.
    vald wrote: »

Yeah, that's right vald, I remember that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see. So B wouldn't have the rent paid for like all her critics on here are stating.

just to say, i aint a critic of B herself, shes one of my faves and a great actress, its the storyline and how unrealistic and stupid it is that i have a problem with :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Maybe she should start by ditching that jacket from 1995

:D:D:D no dissin the silver puffa. iconic item of clothing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the storyline I have a problem with, I worked in debt management for 3 years and yes she would be entitled to certain benefits but they aren't massive. It's about 180 quid a month child benefit for 3 kids, about 220 a fortnight for JSA and then whatever child tax credits shes eligible for. Times are hard for everyone, and it should be reflected in soaps as soaps are meant to reflect real life dramas (to the Nth degree of course!) The problem I have is the repetitive nature of the storyline - everytime she returns it is always the same! There doesn't even seem to be any variance to it.
    However it did amuse me that Derek Branning's empty garage got the duff duff last night :p
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Some people are just unlucky in life but I get what you mean. My problem with Bianca is that her poverty is both unrealistic and boring:yawn:
    My problem with Bianca is it seems her poverty is the only storyline the writers think she can work from. Which means her character will become enclosed.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Biancas main problem is she only thinks about today. Shes constantly moaning about being poor and in the last show they didnt have enough money for food for dinner. Liam gave her the cash to buy mcklunckys and off she trots. On the way poppy offered her some real work for real money, not just tips but bianca refused because she had money for dinner so didnt fancy working. Had she done a few hours work she would have had the money for dinner for the rest of the week. But because she didnt think ahead she will have the same dilemma tomorrow and moan she has no money.