Options

I miss MJ :(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful post takeachance. You've got a very wise head on you for a 17 year old if you don't mind me saying. My kids are 13 and 16 and they feel much the same as you about the guy. Maybe we get more cynical as we get older, I don't know ... but thank you for that genuine heartfelt post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    I am actually surprised at how upset i have been ! I'm 17 so i wasn't around during his prime time.. but my parents obviously were and are big fans of his music.. and i have grown up listening to loads of his songs and he has been a big influence on me.. one of my earliest memories of his is watching his performance of dangerous at the MTV music awards or something i think.. it was just AMAZING i remember just being completely blown away.. and ever since then i have just always wanted to dance !!

It is only since he has died this past week though that i have actually looked back through his music and performances and stuff and actually appreciated just how phenomenal he was. I know that sounds bad but he's just sort of always been there.. and following the hundreds of tabloid rumours about the drastic downfall in his health etc.. i never really bothered to take notice of them; ''just another stupid rumour'' i thought.. until he died last thursday :eek::( I just could not believe it.. i was completely numb for days and i still am tbh ! Like many of you have said it just hasn't sunken in properly yet :( And that's really strange because i didn't think it would affect me so much.. but i now realise just how much a part of my life he was - when i say that i obviously don't mean personally coz i didn't know him (duh :p).. but i just mean like musically etc.. he has influenced SO many people.. his music is everywhere.. his videos are everywhere.. he was just such a legend :(

Although i am so sad he has died, i can't help but feel he is in a better place now. He will be sorely missed, but at least he is at peace now. Despite all the rumours about his personal life, he has always come across as an etremely humble, kind, caring person, who simply wanted back the childhood he never got to experience. I think people make the mistake of judging him by our standards. Anyway, he was amazing and just an absolute one of a kind.. no one could EVER replace him.. and he will never ever be forgotten.

R.I.P Michael Jackson :(
    xxxx

aww what a lovely post and i can totally relate. ((hugs))

He definitely was a lovely, genuinely caring and kind person despite some of the more bizarre things he did, we love him because of his eccentricities.

He will never be outdone and there will never be anyone who had the impact he had. The only people who could compete with that standard have now unfortunately passed away. I listen to music today and think, no one is going to remember this or be singing this in 20 years time. Yet here we are, over 20 years since some of MJ's singles, all in the charts again and will continue to be listened to for all time.

I just wish that i was a teenager in 1986 rather than being a newborn then, cos i would have loved to have seen him live and appreciate his music the first time around.

MJ was a true icon and was truely loved by people.

He will be missed. :cry::cry:
  • Options
    TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member
    Bigbruddah wrote: »
    Beautiful post takeachance. You've got a very wise head on you for a 17 year old if you don't mind me saying. My kids are 13 and 16 and they feel much the same as you about the guy. Maybe we get more cynical as we get older, I don't know ... but thank you for that genuine heartfelt post.

Flaxseed wrote: »
    aww what a lovely post and i can totally relate. ((hugs))

He definitely was a lovely, genuinely caring and kind person despite some of the more bizarre things he did, we love him because of his eccentricities.

He will never be outdone and there will never be anyone who had the impact he had. The only people who could compete with that standard have now unfortunately passed away. I listen to music today and think, no one is going to remember this or be singing this in 20 years time. Yet here we are, over 20 years since some of MJ's singles, all in the charts again and will continue to be listened to for all time.

I just wish that i was a teenager in 1986 rather than being a newborn then, cos i would have loved to have seen him live and appreciate his music the first time around.

MJ was a true icon and was truely loved by people.

He will be missed. :cry::cry:

Awwwwwww thank you !!!!
    *hugs* :)

And flaxseed you are soo right.. i don't think some people actually realise how AMAZING he was.. he hasn't been performing or releasing singles for ages now (forgive me if i am wrong !) yet his songs continue to be played loads and everyone is still influenced by him. I can imagine every single performer has been influenced by him in some way.. whether it be the way he dances, sings, or just his success.. it's so hard to put into words how talented he was.. !

And omg SAME !! I seriously wish i had been alive during his prime when he was touring round the world.. would have been PHENOMENAL to have seen him live !! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to say how old I am ... but I grew up with Michael Jackson ... not literally of course. I saw him at the Empire Pool, Wembley in the early 70s with the Jackson 5 and again on the Bad Tour at Aintree in the late 80s. Absolutely the best gigs I've been to in my (longish) life and I've been to hundreds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awwwwwww thank you !!!!
    *hugs* :)

And flaxseed you are soo right.. i don't think some people actually realise how AMAZING he was.. he hasn't been performing or releasing singles for ages now (forgive me if i am wrong !) yet his songs continue to be played loads and everyone is still influenced by him. I can imagine every single performer has been influenced by him in some way.. whether it be the way he dances, sings, or just his success.. it's so hard to put into words how talented he was.. !

And omg SAME !! I seriously wish i had been alive during his prime when he was touring round the world.. would have been PHENOMENAL to have seen him live !! :(

it always bugs me that theres no one really around today who you can go to see and then in 20 years time, people younger will say 'oh my gosh you went to see so and so?!'

I'm glad theres loads of young people like us around today though that love MJ! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I can honestly say that I have never read such vomit-inducing drivel as this thread. Some people really need to get a grip on real life.
  • Options
    TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member
    I'm not going to say how old I am ... but I grew up with Michael Jackson ... not literally of course. I saw him at the Empire Pool, Wembley in the early 70s with the Jackson 5 and again on the Bad Tour at Aintree in the late 80s. Absolutely the best gigs I've been to in my (longish) life and I've been to hundreds.

OMG really ?! Wow your soo lucky ! You don't understand how jealous i am of yu !! :mad::p
    What were they like ?? (silly question haha !)
    it always bugs me that theres no one really around today who you can go to see and then in 20 years time, people younger will say 'oh my gosh you went to see so and so?!'

I'm glad theres loads of young people like us around today though that love MJ! :D:D

Hahah yeah i know ! I bet if we told people in 20 years time we went to a current artists concert they would be like ''you went to WHOSE concert ?! :confused:'' lol !
    Yeah same ! I'm so glad the mods have given us a whole forum to talk about Michael ! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't make yourself ill unnecessarily Pain To Power. Just skip on by and find yourself something to read that doesn't make you nauseous. I'm sure the posters here won't mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can honestly say that I have never read such vomit-inducing drivel as this thread. Some people really need to get a grip on real life.

Hope you don't vomit all over yourself. Cos that'd be a shame. :D:p
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    It's been just over a week and it still hasnt really sunk in. :cry::cry:

He's always been there in my life, whether its on the radio or in the papers. One of my earliest memories is watching the Thriller video.

He was such an amazing entertainer and brought so much happiness to peoples lives.

I hope he realised how much he was loved. :(:(

He's still on the radio and in the papers so to say that you miss him makes no sense whatsoever. You never actually knew him beyond seeing images of him on the T.V and you can still do that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Don't make yourself ill unnecessarily Pain To Power. Just skip on by and find yourself something to read that doesn't make you nauseous. I'm sure the posters here won't mind.

Just off to the CBeebies site, much more stimulating and mature subject matter there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG really ?! Wow your soo lucky ! You don't understand how jealous i am of yu !! :mad::p
    What were they like ?? (silly question haha !)
    )

The Empire Pool one was fantastic. I went with a gang from school - we hired a minibus and driver and as it was a smallish arena the atmosphere was unbelievable. It was pretty much the first gig I ever went to (although I also saw the Who around the same time, so can't recall which came first) I'm a bit of a soul and Tamla nut - and the support act for the Jackson 5 (unannounced) was Junior Walker and the Allstars. Don't know if you'll remember them - another one of my musical heroes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ek1UslvFps

We couldn't believe we'd got two for the price of one so to speak. Happy days.

The Aintree gig was obviously open air - at the Racecourse and he was supported by Kim Wilde of all people, who was actually pretty good, even though I'm not a fan particularly of her music. He was absolutely superb. There were thousands there and we were about halfway back but the atmosphere was electric.
  • Options
    KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think its better to leave these milksops to their gnashing of teeth, renting of clothes and general weeping and wailing! Hilarious!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just off to the CBeebies site, much more stimulating and mature subject matter there.

Yes, I've got a feeling you'll be a lot happier over there. Have fun!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KnifeEdge wrote: »
    I think its better to leave these milksops to their gnashing of teeth, renting of clothes and general weeping and wailing! Hilarious!:rolleyes:

That's good of you. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    does anyone know when and where the memorial will be screened in the UK? I cannot miss it :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .Mimi. wrote: »
    does anyone know when and where the memorial will be screened in the UK? I cannot miss it :(

5.30pm our time on Sky News [and Sky Arts 1] and probably BBC News 24. :)
  • Options
    JoJo2JoJo2 Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why don't you do just that then? Funny how some people who clearly didn't like him or his music keep coming back to tell those who did like his music to get over it. Why don't you get over yourself already and go away if this is how you feel? It is quite sad that you keep coming back yourself, if we are mental because we liked him and are still talking about it, what does make YOU? Someone who didn't like but is still talking about it?

As I said, you don't have to worry about us or the world but keep a close tab on your own mental state..

Hilarious! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janet83 wrote: »
    I had a look to find out if there were any planned memorials happening in the UK I couldnt find any probably a bit too soon but I did find this for anyone in the Glasgow area

http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/65/40981365.html

I read somewhere that a bunch of fans are holding a vigil of some kind at the 02 stadium on July 13th or the date on which the tour was supposed to kick off. Don't know where I read it though.
  • Options
    AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww poor baby.

Heres a plan....dont read it....just leave.

The thread says 'I miss MJ', what the heck did you think this thread would be?

Silly billy.
  • Options
    JoJo2JoJo2 Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww poor baby.

Heres a plan....dont read it....just leave.

The thread says 'I miss MJ', what the heck did you think this thread would be?

Silly billy.

I know, keep telling others to get over it and then keep saying ''it's best to let them get on with it'' but as God made little apples, they'll be back tomorrow LOL
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss him too :cry::cry::cry:

((hugs))

:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    MJ was on TMF music channel just, and i was crying (again ..:(..)I just can't help it!!
  • Options
    KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJo2 wrote: »
    Why don't you do just that then? Funny how some people who clearly didn't like him or his music keep coming back to tell those who did like his music to get over it. Why don't you get over yourself already and go away if this is how you feel? It is quite sad that you keep coming back yourself, if we are mental because we liked him and are still talking about it, what does make YOU? Someone who didn't like but is still talking about it?

As I said, you don't have to worry about us or the world but keep a close tab on your own mental state..

Hilarious! :rolleyes:

The only thing I have said against MJ is that he was clearly a very confused, unstable person, most probably due to his upbringing! This I feel led him to make some very questionable decisions, eg surgery, his hangers on, his children, drugs etc. Am I that far off the mark there?Who will honestly say that that man was a well rounded and sorted person???

I thought he produced some fab music and brilliant videos especially in the 80's.

No, I am not anti MJ AT ALL.

But what makes me laugh is the overweening, overemotional, 'my life will never be the same again', mawkishness of some of his 'fans'.

I hope in death he has found the peace that he would never have found in life. I believe that some 'fans' would have him live a tortured and crazy life forever, just so he could perform for them and make THEM happy. I would rather his soul be at rest.
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what makes me laugh is the overweening, overemotional, 'my life will never be the same again', mawkishness of some of his 'fans'.

If these people are genuine in this feeling (some of them most likely are) what would you get out of sniping at them?