The Bennites Brigade (Part 5)

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babycakes wrote: »
    I remember her from Crossroads :D:D:D God that was awful, made Eldorado look like a BAFTA winning series.

My mum used to watch Crossroads religiously. I remember it would be on before Coronation Street I think?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember her from Crossroads :D:D:D God that was awful, made Eldorado look like a BAFTA winning series.

Eldorado ... :eek: ... what a horror that was ...

I was in Southern Spain at the time and they took over the little town of Coin and built all kinds of sets in the expectation that it would be incredibly popular in a kind of pan European way ... and it all went down like a lead balloon ... truly a disaster of epic proportions ... :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,048
    Forum Member
    My mum used to watch Crossroads religiously. I remember it would be on before Coronation Street I think?

The frontage they used for the filming is a local hotel, just down the road from where I live.

I have just realised I will have to listen to the link - Wednesday night is my big TV night. Mad Men :D which I adore almost as much as Ben :p
  • Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member

What character was Jo on crossroads - Miss Diane?:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eldorado ... :eek: ... what a horror that was ...

I was in Southern Spain at the time and they took over the little town of Coin and built all kinds of sets in the expectation that it would be incredibly popular in a kind of pan European way ... and it all went down like a lead balloon ... truly a disaster of epic proportions ... :(

I only vaguely remember Eldorado, it looks like a steaming pile of shit from the clips I've seen in recent years.
    Forum Member
    What character was Jo on crossroads - Miss Diane?:D:D

LOL. No she was Carole Sands.

http://www.crossroadsnetwork.co.uk/oldsite/joannegood.htm

We should ask Ben to interview her about it, although he is probably too young to remember himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Ben still going be interviewing Roy Hattersly?
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lovely to actually speak to you Vodka, sexy voice you have:):) Ben would love it I am sure:D

Anyhow, I loved crossroads, the original not the remake, I was very upset when they took it off:cry::cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hattersly was hurt/injured/ill (I forget which) and they are still planning to do it 'down the line' I believe ... maybe it will come up in the Radio London conversation tomorrow ... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Lovely to actually speak to you Vodka, sexy voice you have:):) Ben would love it I am sure:D

Anyhow, I loved crossroads, the original not the remake, I was very upset when they took it off:cry::cry:

Do you really think so?:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you really think so?:o

I most certainly do:):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hattersly was hurt/injured/ill (I forget which) and they are still planning to do it 'down the line' I believe ... maybe it will come up in the Radio London conversation tomorrow ... :)

I hope so! I'm looking forward to it:o
    I most certainly do:):):)

I feel all gooey now!!:o
    Forum Member

And when David Hunter turned up as evil Uncle Quentin in Five Go Mad in Dorset - I think I squealed :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And when David Hunter turned up as evil Uncle Quentin in Five Go Mad in Dorset - I think I squealed :D

Oh no, I dont like to think of you going Squeeeeeeeeeeee sorry bc I cannot imagine it, I liked David Hunter, though I have always been a bit above a squeeeee, more of a Hmmmmmmm:D
    Forum Member

We should ask Ben to interview her about it, although he is probably too young to remember himself.

I don't remember the character:(

Yes there were some stand out characters. And every comedian did a Benny impression:D
    Forum Member

That's the great thing - when the famous five skits would use actors from famous tv shows - with lashings of ginger beer:D
    Forum Member
    Oh no, I dont like to think of you going Squeeeeeeeeeeee sorry bc I cannot imagine it, I liked David Hunter, though I have always been a bit above a squeeeee, more of a Hmmmmmmm:D

Squealed in shock, horror & surprise, rather than Samanda style excitement :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet everyones off watching IACGMOH except me.:D
    Forum Member
    I bet everyones off watching IACGMOH except me.:D

I am. And musing on how unsuitable an enviroment even a make believe jungle would be for a certain Benjamin Duncan ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am. And musing on how unsuitable an enviroment even a make believe jungle would be for a certain Benjamin Duncan ;)

Yes indeed, No jungle for our Ben:eek::eek: Can you imagine it:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ohhhh poor Ben. Imagine him doing a bush tucker trial? Bless his lil' heart!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohhhh poor Ben. Imagine him doing a bush tucker trial? Bless his lil' heart!!:D

Ben would not do them though, he would follow his rights of personal freedom of choice, we all have that power, just some people have to do what they think the public want. In many ways it would be hilarious, just like in BB, a breath of fresh air.
    I cannot ever see Ben humiliating himself to the degree some people do.:):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben would not do them though, he would follow his rights of personal freedom of choice, we all have that power, just some people have to do what they think the public want. In many ways it would be hilarious, just like in BB, a breath of fresh air.
    I cannot ever see Ben humiliating himself to the degree some people do.:):)

If Ben ever was on I'm a Celeb I think the public would keep voting him to do the tasks. They seem to like torturing the people who don't want to do them for some reason?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My Mum used to watch it, I only remember Benny and Miss Diane.

Voddy ,hope everything is ok with you ,or will be ok soon.

Mo has just posted a photo of Ben :)

http://yfrog.com/2hvem0j
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luie wrote: »
    My Mum used to watch it, I only remember Benny and Miss Diane.

Voddy ,hope everything is ok with you ,or will be ok soon.

Mo has just posted a photo of Ben :)

http://yfrog.com/2hvem0j

Greedy Mo!!!!!!!:D:D:D I doubt Ben even know's who he is lol.

But it's good to see the quiff is back!