Best phone number for Sky CS?

Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need to phone Sky about my upcoming house move but can't seem to find a phone number on their website. (probably me)

I need to phone instead of just filling in their online form as I don't what their dish engineer (DIY) but will need them to send a BT engineer to install/sort out the phoneline.

So does anyone have the best phone number for that, please?

:)

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fill in the form, they will phone you.

http://www.sky.com/mysky/myaccount/moving-home/indexb.html

Just to let you know, if you're moving home with Sky Broadband or Talk, we'll need to call you back to complete your order. We'll make this call within 48 hours of you submitting your Home Move request.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Within 48?!

I want to do it now as I'm extremely busy with contracts, junk clearence, a hospital appointment tomorrow morning and 101 other things to do with moving! They might phone up at any inconvenient time.

Surely there is a CS number I can just call?
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its within 48 hours so could be any time
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    I need to phone Sky about my upcoming house move but can't seem to find a phone number on their website. (probably me)

I need to phone instead of just filling in their online form as I don't what their dish engineer (DIY) but will need them to send a BT engineer to install/sort out the phoneline.

I use their landline number from Saynoto0870.com

Here is the number given and it works straight away and with no cues either - this is their best number 020 7126 7020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe they have contact numbers on their website?

http://www.sky.com/shop/

Call a Sky adviser on 08442 411 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel99 wrote: »
    its within 48 hours so could be any time

And if I'm at the hospital when they call or anywhere else as I'm rushing around like a blue arsed fly at the moment?
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member

Their best number is 020 7126 7020 - as found on Saynoto0870.com

I have gone striaght through to someone with no cues at all, they answered the call straight away
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use their landline number from Saynoto0870.com

Here is the number given and it works straight away and with no cues either - this is their best number 020 7126 7020
    I believe they have contact numbers on their website?

http://www.sky.com/shop/

Call a Sky adviser on 08442 411 815

Ah! Thank you both - I shall give them a try. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Success!

Well apart from having to wait to January 16th! To get a BT engineer!

Seems like I'll have to buy one of those expensive mobile USB dongle things to give me internet over Xmas. :(

Thanks for your help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Their best number is 020 7126 7020 - as found on Saynoto0870.com

I have gone striaght through to someone with no cues at all, they answered the call straight away

Are 020 numbers free phone to sky
    I thought they charged be 10p per min for that number.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Success!

Well apart from having to wait to January 16th! To get a BT engineer!

Seems like I'll have to buy one of those expensive mobile USB dongle things to give me internet over Xmas. :(

Thanks for your help.

Do you not have a mobile phone, most newer models allow tethering (you turn your phone into a mobile wifi hotspot, then your laptop/pc connects to this), might work out cheaper depending on yoru data package, or if you can upgrade it for a month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are 020 numbers free phone to sky
    I thought they charged be 10p per min for that number.:confused:

020 are normal numbers are they not (London area i believe)?

Therefore they are chared at the normal phone number rate, and will be free if you have free calls (like a mobile phone 100 minutes free or free evening/weekend calls on your landline).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not have a mobile phone, most newer models allow tethering (you turn your phone into a mobile wifi hotspot, then your laptop/pc connects to this), might work out cheaper depending on yoru data package, or if you can upgrade it for a month.

Sadly no. My current mobile is a cheap and nasty Asda pay as you go one that just does the basics.

I think I'm going with a 3 mobile USB dongle and the maximum GBs I can afford and chop my hands off! :D

As long as I only browse pages here and check emails I might get by. All those downloaded TV programmes will have to wait!

Failing that, hacking into the nextdoor's wi-fi would good! :D (joke!)
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    08442 41 0096 is a direct line to the technical people
  • HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    08442 41 0096 is a direct line to the technical people
    If you have an inclusive calls package, dial any Sky 0844 number via 0333 5432 111 so it becomes an inclusive call.
  • dale2011dale2011 Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    If you're a Sky Talk customer you can dial 150 free from your landline.