Beady Eye

timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anybody else downloaded the track from their website yet?

Whilst I've not been an Oasis fan for about the last 13 years I have to say I think it is an absolutely cracking tune.

It has a great retro feel to it, the piano pushes it along well and the female backing vocals work well on it.

Comments

• Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a huge Oasis fan I think it's absolutely terrible, almost embarrassing. The only slight positive is that Liam's voice has improved a tiny bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    It's a rocking little tune, I like it. Obviously not a lead single or anything, hence the free giveaway. Anyone expecting Live Forever pt 2 needs their head checking, it was always gonna be different.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    It sounds like it was written by a 12 year old as a school project. Awful. But then again, everybody always knew that the song writing talent in Oasis lay with Noel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to DL it.

Their website seems convinced that I have allready dl'd it, and therefore won't let me.

This is rather annoying, but i've given up now.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neel wrote: »
    I tried to DL it.

Their website seems convinced that I have allready dl'd it, and therefore won't let me.

This is rather annoying, but i've given up now.

I had the same problem so just streamed it from the widget and downloaded it using Replay Music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Oasis, but had a lot of trepidation about Beady Eye, and in fact was preparing to HATE this song. However, I'm actually pleasantly surprised and think that it's a good tune. I'm looking forward to hearing Noel's solo stuff more though, if I'm honest.
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it.

Very different from oasis. Very different from the tunes around nowadays.

Rocking wee song. Piano helps it along. Can't wait to see what else they've come up with considering this is a free single and not the best they have to offer.

Looks like the new producer has led to some fresh sounds. Can't wait to see if Steve Lillywhite has produced for the other songs.
  • emnatemnat Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cack :mad:
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    What a stupid name for a band.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    What a stupid name for a band.

As opposed to........?
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow, it's awful and yes I agree the name is just as terrible.
  • sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I desperately wanted to like this but it's just awful :-((. The production is tinny and weak, the guitar work is adequate at best, the piano sounds like it's being hammered by a two year old and the lyrics are so basic it's laughable.

Is the 'back to basic's retro' feel a deliberate thing? It's as though all the technological advances in music over the last 50 years have passed them by. It sounds like a skiffle group playing at a church fete on a wet Sunday.

The only GOOD thing is that Liam's voice (though he stood well to the front in the echo chamber!) doesn't sound too bad at all. Let's hope the album is better than this. It's got to be - surely?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't love it, but I like it. It's not a work of genius, but it's a simple, cheerful little tune. Very "Jerry Lee Lewis".

I agree that Liam's voice sounds better than it has in a while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sionnaigh wrote: »
    I desperately wanted to like this but it's just awful :-((. The production is tinny and weak, the guitar work is adequate at best, the piano sounds like it's being hammered by a two year old and the lyrics are so basic it's laughable.

Is the 'back to basic's retro' feel a deliberate thing? It's as though all the technological advances in music over the last 50 years have passed them by. It sounds like a skiffle group playing at a church fete on a wet Sunday.

The only GOOD thing is that Liam's voice (though he stood well to the front in the echo chamber!) doesn't sound too bad at all. Let's hope the album is better than this. It's got to be - surely?

It's not a main single. . . it's just a freebie track to give a feel for the album and get people talking.

It's MEANT to feel retro.

The production is TOP QUALITY and produced by Steve Lillywhite of Rolling Stones / U2.

The piano is meant to sound primitive rock n roll like something you'd find on the White Album. It's just a feel good rock n roll. I love it.
  • ajaaja Posts: 1,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't love it, but I like it. It's not a work of genius, but it's a simple, cheerful little tune. Very "Jerry Lee Lewis".

I agree that Liam's voice sounds better than it has in a while.

Very Mott the Hoople!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with the song just that people thought it would be Oasis or Hurrican 1.I think what Liam was trying too do was recrate his vision on what he could make like Ian Brown with Fear.But what we got was something like Primal Scream and The Black Crowes jamming with Scouting For Girls instead.But overall we can't critises it on one song we would need the full album.But if there is one main ingredent missing here it's NOEL.
  • sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    It's not a main single. . . it's just a freebie track to give a feel for the album and get people talking.

It's MEANT to feel retro.

The production is TOP QUALITY and produced by Steve Lillywhite of Rolling Stones / U2.

The piano is meant to sound primitive rock n roll like something you'd find on the White Album. It's just a feel good rock n roll. I love it.

I'm not particularly bothered whether it's a single or a freebie track or part of a two for one deal with a packet of Maltesers thrown in, I still thought it was awful. If it's giving a 'feel for the album', I'll be giving the album an exceptionally wide berth.

IMO there's a difference between sounding 'retro' and sounding weak. Much as I admire Steve Lillywhite (yes I do know who he is :D), I think he must have nipped out for a paper or something when this was being produced. It bears none of his hallmarks or his undoubted talent - in my book.

As for the piano being akin to the White Album. I have to disagree, at least it doesn't sound anything like the piano on my much loved and well played copy of the White Album.

Whatever 'feel' they were going for - for me, it missed the mark by a country mile.

Horse for courses I suppose?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back In The USSR?

I think it has the urgency and basic rock and roll feel to BITU. Different chords obviously.

Yes, of course. Opinions differ, and you are entitled to yours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job it was free, i doubt many people would have bought it.

I am a big Oasis fan but this is shiitttttteeee :mad:
  • BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you're talking about the song with the piano and the backing singers then its a pile of tosh.. its so terrible its embarrassing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 out of 5 in Q Magazine :D

I'm ultra excited.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeeeez its shit! changy changy changy - **** off liam
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeeeez its shit! changy changy changy - **** off liam

Nice to know Steve Lillywhite has given you a copy early :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I quite like all the Beady Eye tracks so far, and I couldn't stand latter day Oasis. I'm going to buy the album, it's just good pop rock in my mind.