Options

47LM660T - 47LM760T What is the difference?

I'm in a fortunate situation where I can afford a nice big TV (finally!)

But talk about confusing!!!

I would like LG because I like them and have heard good things about them and it must have FreeviewHD built in. (Not just Freeview as many HD TVs seem to be putting in their TVs for some inexplicable reason)

Now I have found the two models above, but apart from price, I can't see what the difference between them is??? Why is the 47LM760T dearer than the 47LM660T and what are you getting more for the extra price?

Any help would be appreciated and/or your views other than those as to what I should get.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the only difference for the whacking great price difference that I can see is:

Motion Rate 100Hz
    Motion Rate 200Hz

Is that really such a massive difference?
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would like LG because I like them and have heard good things about them and it must have FreeviewHD built in. (Not just Freeview as many HD TVs seem to be putting in their TVs for some inexplicable reason)

I bought my LG 47" Cinema 3D a year ago this month, I paid just on £600. It's not 'smart' and doesn't have Freeview HD (two things I could have paid £100-200 more to get, but didn't want or need).

Looking to buy another one this year for my second home, and they all have Freeview HD and are 'smart' and cost a lot more than last year!!

Wish they'd sell a stripped down version for less.
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 760t I got from Currys had a free 3D bluray player which had a surround sound amp with it. Fantastic tv. Love it.

PJ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, but is there a massive difference between 100hz and 200hz - I understand that 200 is better but is it really that much better? (I don't play any games and watch few action films)
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,518
    Forum Member
    Thanks, but is there a massive difference between 100hz and 200hz - I understand that 200 is better but is it really that much better? (I don't play any games and watch few action films)

I would say it's debatable if there's any worthwhile difference at all :D

We have all Sony models running in a complete 'wall' of sets at work, I couldn't pick out which ones were 200Hz from the 100Hz, or indeed the 50Hz.

I would suggest you check them both out in a shop, and see if you can see any worthwhile difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say it's debatable if there's any worthwhile difference at all :D

We have all Sony models running in a complete 'wall' of sets at work, I couldn't pick out which ones were 200Hz from the 100Hz, or indeed the 50Hz.

I would suggest you check them both out in a shop, and see if you can see any worthwhile difference.
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    TV is broadcast at a field rate of 50 Hz. Any sets offering 100, 200, 600 are just repeating one field a number of times. 100 may reduce visible flicker from the corner of the eye. Anything any higher is undetectable.

Thank you! Just what I wanted to hear!

So a lot more money for not much, if any, noticeable difference!

47LM660T it is then! - Think I'll wait till the sales as I would hate to rush and get it now only to see it reduced further in a few days time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And then I find the 47LM670T which is 400hz and cheaper than the 47LM660T !!!

Talk about a minefield!

I can't see the difference between those two and the faster hz one is cheaper. ARGGG!

Does LG have a direct comparison chart anywhere?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And then I find the 47LM670T which is 400hz and cheaper than the 47LM660T !!!

Talk about a minefield!

I can't see the difference between those two and the faster hz one is cheaper. ARGGG!

Does LG have a direct comparison chart anywhere?

http://www.lg.com/uk/3d-tvs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

Thanks for that. I compared the two and couldn't find a difference!!!

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that. I compared the two and couldn't find a difference!!!

:confused:

I've now decided to get a second LG 47", even if it means paying more than last year. What's the best price you've come across?

Best I can find is Amazon, LM620T for £649 and an additional £7.99 discount with FREEONED at checkout. Free shipping.

Have you found better?
  • Options
    CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd go for the LG47LM620T - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007IYW3KG/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=home-theater

I have just bought the 42" version and I cannot fault it. It is excellent and comes with 3D, SmartTV, Social and all the rest. It's 100Mhz refresh as well. For £649 you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    It's 100Mhz refresh as well. For

Wow that is fast.
  • Options
    swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    I'd go for the LG47LM620T - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007IYW3KG/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=home-theater

I have just bought the 42" version and I cannot fault it. It is excellent and comes with 3D, SmartTV, Social and all the rest. It's 100Mhz refresh as well. For £649 you can't go wrong.

I bought that one (well the 42" of the same tv) from Argos a couple of months ago, cracking TV ! 42" well big enough for the average living room, looks good when it's off as well :)
  • Options
    CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    Wow that is fast.

Damn auto correct! It is 100hz refresh, but LG like to say it has "Motion Clarity Index of 400" to make it sound better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm homing in on a 47LM660T which online comes in at around £792 - £795

I'm just wondering if I should wait and see if it will drop in price after Xmas? Knowing my luck, it will go up in price!