Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 11)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,743
Administrator
I know it's the Mirror, but they've said that the Villa deal is agreed "In principle", although the fee is yet to be agreed with Barca.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-gareth-bale-2037170

IF it's true, I hope Levy doesn't try it on with them to the point where they walk away.
Continuation of: Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

Comments

• kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New kit at 3pm today. I don't expect Villa to be wearing one but I hope the Mirror are right. Some Arsenal fans seem to think he's going there and some are saying he's going to Atletico Madrid.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I clearly won part 10 ;)
    JasonWatkins	575
    Pee.         	399
    Deep Purple	362
    kimindex        314
    soulboy77	290

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a failure. I'm the Ade of the board :D (Yeah, I went there!)
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    I probably arrived in the January window; the smooooth Lewis Holtby....
  • MikeOf LBuzzardMikeOf LBuzzard Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I heard the TV fixtures were due to be announced today but no sign of them appearing yet. Anyone heard when they will appear?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy-B wrote: »
    I probably arrived in the January window; the smooooth Lewis Holtby....

Well 6th spot might get you into the Intertonto Cup ...
    Forum Member
    tbf, I'm old enough to be his dad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the bright blue logo against the white shirt, think it would look better with the dark logo like the other ones have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind them to be honest. a lot better than I was expecting.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    New kit at 3pm today. I don't expect Villa to be wearing one but I hope the Mirror are right. Some Arsenal fans seem to think he's going there and some are saying he's going to Atletico Madrid.

Villa's signed for Atletico, €5.1m.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is a very good signing for them, and I think he fits right in there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All that speculation over nothing!
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All that speculation over nothing!

It's the same for us. I'm just waiting for the 'Thiago signs new Barcelona deal/joins Bayern' story.
    Forum Member
    Glad Lloris is a better keeper than he is model.

What's the theme; gay superheros?
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same for us. I'm just waiting for the 'Thiago signs new Barcelona deal/joins Bayern' story.

I cannot see him at Bayern, they have just as many, if not more midfielders than Barca, so moving there would be pretty pointless; it is between staying put or moving to us really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Villa's agent Spurs offered 500k less than Barca's asking price. Typical Levy.
    Forum Member
    Typical Levy as ... have you an example or several of typical Levy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benteke has handed in a transfer request. Not that we have much chance of getting him, I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GetHoppy wrote: »
    According to Villa's agent Spurs offered 500k less than Barca's asking price. Typical Levy.

If that turns out to be true then I'm not surprised. It's like when you hear two antique dealers haggling over a price. One says "Look, I want £25 quid for it". The reply is "What about £20?".

Then you get "Ok, how about split the difference and £22.50?". And so on and so on.

IF it's true ..

But then, to be fair, Villa's agent could simply have been using us to leverage him the move he really wanted.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benteke has handed in a transfer request. Not that we have much chance of getting him, I guess.

Im a gooner and think you have a good chance and he'd be a perfect fit for you boys.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gossip around SC Forum says we're interested in Benteke but they want a lot of money for him.

Also nobody near to leaving yet as our price is above what is being offered :yawn:
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    Gossip around SC Forum says we're interested in Benteke but they want a lot of money for him.

Also nobody near to leaving yet as our price is above what is being offered :yawn:
    Handing in a transfer request would of alerted a lot of clubs but Is Benteke worth £20m though based on one Premership season's performance?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deja Vu starting to creep in ... offering slightly under the odds for targets and losing them and asking for over the odds for those we want to move on.

Last minute deadline day scramble anyone ? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read this morning that we offered 3-4million Euros more than Madrid did, but Villa simply wanted to stay in Spain and play in the CL. Not everything is Levy's fault.

And Benteke is not worth £20-25 mill as has been reported. I know sometimes you have to take a chance but if we're spending that much on someone, I'd prefer it to be someone slightly older who is more proven.
This discussion has been closed.