Options

Should streaming count towards the top 40?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining.

BIB - what would you prefer? Songs at No1 for a very long time or the different No1's each week?

I'd prefer long time as it makes a no1 more special if you get what I mean unlike having 30 no1s in the one year, I don't have an issue when a song is no1 for 10 weeks or more but a lot of people here seem to have an issue with that but it could be the usual don't want change idea, if we had that chart now John Legend would've been no1 for a couple weeks here previously and Daft Punk could of broke Bryan Adam's record last year or at least been no1 for 10 weeks and Thicke would of been stuck at two for the same amount of time

It can also make the chart unpredictable, whereas right now you really just need to look at the iTunes chart and you know what the top 10 will be 90% of the time, this could make the chart show worth listening to again
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Kylie's Sexercise would have been a massive number one under the new rules - it had 2,000,000 views in a week which would have been equivalent to 200,000 sales (assuming they were all unique views).

Was that released as a single? I thought it was just a vid for publicity