Three in a Bed | New Series | Wednesday 18th March '15 - Ch4 - 8pm

BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
Forum Member
✭✭
A new series of Three in a Bed is scheduled on Wednesday 18th March...

The first show:

"A new series of the show in which B&B owners take turns to stay with one another. This episode features poetry writing, a run in with a razor, and pee buckets"

:):)

Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The first show:

"A new series of the show in which B&B owners take turns to stay with one another. This episode features poetry writing, a run in with a razor, and pee buckets"

Oooh that's strange. Wonder why they are going back to the old format? Running out of B&B's probably. :D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this :D
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh that's strange. Wonder why they are going back to the old format? Running out of B&B's probably. :D

Does make you wonder doesn't it. Surely there's still one or two in Blackpool we haven't seen yet? ;-)

Thanks for the new thread BG! :)
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's back? Woo hoo! I like to see the whole thing in one ep. :):):)

Is the lovely Stephen Mangan narrating?
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    I've looked and it kicks off series 4 with

Norfolk House, Newmarket

The Cromwell Arms, Romsey. If that's the right one it's a Fuller's pub

Full Circle Yurts, Lake District

Am interested to see if the format's the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I've looked and it kicks off series 4 with

Norfolk House, Newmarket

The Cromwell Arms, Romsey. If that's the right one it's a Fuller's pub

Full Circle Yurts, Lake District

Hopefully they will have listened to some of our gripes about FIAB and taken them onboard.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Hopefully they will have listened to some of our gripes about FIAB and taken them onboard.

Let's hope so eh? Otherwise, if its morphed into 4IAB then its going to be just as frustrating.

Its on for an hour so hopefully they'll spend more time on the B&B's/rooms/breakfasts, rather than the silly activities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope so eh? Otherwise, if its morphed into 4IAB then its going to be just as frustrating.

Its on for an hour so hopefully they'll spend more time on the B&B's/rooms/breakfasts, rather than the silly activities.

Is it just an hourly show once a week or a daily show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just an hourly show once a week or a daily show?

I think is a weekly show.....the Channel 4 tv listings page only go upto Tuesday 24th March (and I cant seem them listed as daily) so I'll check back in a couple of day to see if its listed for 26th.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think is a weekly show.....the Channel 4 tv listings page only go upto Tuesday 24th March (and I cant seem them listed as daily) so I'll check back in a couple of day to see if its listed for 26th.

Great thanks BG. You're a 🌟
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news. Repeating the old format programmes at the same time as the current new FIAB series is on just highlights how much better the original format was. Looking forward to seeing these news shows.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this, hopefully it will be more like the original idea than the latest offering of four in a bed, which I must confess I only dip in and out of as there i not much point to it anymore, all useless "activities" and recaps. I really want this to be a proper competition and about the B&Bs and not the egoes of the owners so much.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given up on 4iab recently. Thanks for the heads up BG - I'll give this a go, but I think my fellow posters have much more faith in Telly Execs than I have! I fully expect it to be even worse than 4iab has become:(
  • Hershey2Hershey2 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am currently watching an old 3IAB series, I do prefer the whole thing done in an hour but don't like the verbal critics given at the end of each visit or the hint of what they are paying.

Much prefer the sitting round the table with the feed back forms.

Hopefully this new series will combine the best of both series.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see what format the new 3iaB follows. Generally, I can't be bothered with 4iaB any more - not least because it clashes with Bienvenue Chez Nous, the French version, which runs for 60 minutes each episode, shows far more of the hosts' areas (frequently the activity shows more of the area too) and more time is spent on breakfast and dinner (which is often cooked by the hosts - table d'hôte - and leads to much face-pulling and snide remarks by the other guests :D) - it's just more interesting. It has more of what we all like to watch. 4iaB is dull in comparison and although I have this week's episodes recorded, I'm not motivated to find time to watch them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this will be interesting to see if they go back to square one and start using the original format again. They did of course try repackaging the week long 4IAB as an hour long repeat. I wonder if that was them trying to get the best of both worlds but stopped as it didn't really work.

If it's back to only 3IAB with no more 4IAB are they more or less be admitting that the latter's had it's day? Here's hoping!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's back to only 3IAB with no more 4IAB are they more or less be admitting that the latter's had it's day? Here's hoping!

I might have given you duff information :blush:

It seems 4IAB is still airing next week so we'll have the best of both worlds!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might have given you duff information :blush:

It seems 4IAB is still airing next week so we'll have the best of both worlds!
    Booo, BG, boooo.....! ;-)

How strange to have the two formats running, especially on the same days. Maybe it's their final market research to see which one to move forward with!

Thanks.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Booo, BG, boooo.....! ;-)

How strange to have the two formats running, especially on the same days. Maybe it's their final market research to see which one to move forward with!

Thanks.

BIB ... I find that odd as well.

I now a wait 2 In A Bed and 1 In A Bed :D

There is a spiffing couple I am watching at the moment :cool::D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member

The first show:

:o I must be watching a repeat then :blush:

2 awful picky old bags are on this one. One of the women false teeth do not fit properly :D
  • Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for starting the new thread BG 😃

I wonder if we'll all be 'bedded' out by the end of the week... 😉
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,174
    Forum Member
    If you've not seen FIAB from this last week, there may be a few spoilers of sorts in this, nothing major though... :)

We only came across Four In A Bed in the last year or so, and didn't know it was originally Three In A Bed... as relative newbies to the format, we've enjoyed FIAB for what it is, but it is noticeable even in just that time, how much of each episode is spent recapping on what's happened previously, and also far too much time spent on the activity, which - after all - doesn't really have anything to do with the merits or otherwise of the B&B in question.
    It certainly seems an advantage to host first, especially if you're playing to win at all costs.
    The rival owners do things that most normal people going to a B&B wouldn't do - such as checking the shower/bath plughole for muck, wiping under the rim of the toilet, complaining for not tongueing toilet roll (See last week!), checking for dust in places that really have no effect on your stay, lifting off the mattress and looking for hairs that you could never have seen without taking off the mattress... it just looks so petty and playing a game.

In 'the olden days', did the hosts get to read the feedback on the day they left, or was it saved until the end? In some ways, it influences the marking for the rest of the week (again as seen last week), and causes bad feeling and snide remarks, rather than as honest as they can appraisal of the B&B... would be better all at the end, although that could lead to worse arguments if people have been friends to your face and sly behind your back?

Also, some of the arguments why they won't pay the full amount are pathetic, and not consistent... and really, a lot of the issues they have, in the real world at a B&B where you can't negotiate the price, you would tell the owner ASAP, and give them chance to put it right (e.g. a mucky sheet or bad mattress), rather than bitching about it afterwards and not paying.

In the last week, with the extortionate extra payment for breakfast at one place, I thought it was a no-brainer within this competition, have the breakfast and then just don't pay for it...and one of them did that effectively! :)

I have to say though, when the hosts know what rooms they're providing to the tv guests, you would think they'd pull out all of the stops to make sure they're spotless - bloodstained duvets are a really bad advert for them!
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw a brief preview clip for this, looks like its going to be good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    :o I must be watching a repeat then :blush:

2 awful picky old bags are on this one. One of the women false teeth do not fit properly :D

Quite a few of the old Three in a Bed eps had some old bat running a b&b. They thought this made them an expert and they would win! Of course running a b&b did not necessarily make them an expert and they didn't win! Bitter old bitches? Much? :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1/6. Return of the show in which three sets of B&B owners take turns to stay with one another and pay what they consider a fair price. The first edition features visits to Norfolk House B&B in Newmarket, Suffolk - the home of Brent Noble and his wife, WI president Lynne - the Cromwell Arms Pub with Rooms in Romsey, Hampshire, part-owned by Annaliese Hughes, and Full Circle Yurts in the Lake District, run by Ben Atkinson - a man so at one with nature that he never wears shoes. The week includes poetry writing, a lapse of hygiene in the bathroom, a fuss over air-conditioning and a run-in with a razor.

http://www.norfolkhouse.biz/Site/Welcome.html
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186386-d1643442-Reviews-Norfolk_House_Bed_and_Breakfast-Newmarket_Suffolk_East_Anglia_England.html

http://www.thecromwellarms.com
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g503839-d2194331-Reviews-The_Cromwell_Arms-Romsey_Hampshire_England.html

http://www.lake-district-yurts.co.uk
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186319-d1497893-Reviews-Full_Circle_Lake_District_Luxury_Yurts-Ambleside_Lake_District_Cumbria_England.html