Options

America's Next Top Model Cycle 21 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ agree about Kelly's critique, there was a time when she was very straight-forward. Now it's like she tries too hard. When confronted with a picture she'll say something like 'to me you look like a bored housewife riding a giraffe to the moon'.
    The model's like - :confused: with an expression that says 'I don't really know what to do with that???'

:D you nailed it!

I'd actually prefer to have Janice Dickinson on the panel. At least she made me laugh.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Adam is so attractive, before the show started I wanted him to win but why does he act like a ten year old. Even in this episode, the haircut seems to have matured him a little but he was like "if we weren't in this house..." to Romeo, like, there's no need. Let Romeo be thrown out and become the bigger man by saying nothing.

I'll miss Romeo though, his modelling was not that special but I loved his character up until this episode.

If Lennox were to have been eliminated, I could see her as a surprise comeback, over Chantelle.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    The pictures were a little weird this week, especially for some of the guys with their raggedy-looking wigs. Ben with the skunk on his head had a bit of a raw deal, but he probably deserved to go home as he seems a bit amateurish with his modelling.
    Kind of surprised at how much Adam and Denzel embraced the hair though.

Was great to see Lenox come back and kill it with only 5 frames, I sort of knew it though as it's one of my fave pics of the cycle.
    The editing made it pretty obvious what was going to happen, including Ben going home. I think even casual ANTM fans (are there any left?) know about the basic rules of the editing. Basically that anyone who randomly starts talking about their hometown and where they are in the competition is going home that episode. Within the first few minutes it was obvious Ben was going. I wish the editors would make it less obvious.

I noticed the judges commented on the videos while the fans scored pictures again, which kind of spoils my theory from last week over why they did that. Maybe they just can't be arsed to upload the videos. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I think the hair challenge worked for the girls, but the guys were totally out of their depth. I miss the days when Mr Jay Manuel was in charge of the creative direction, because so far the photoshoots have been odd to say the least. Has Tyra spent all the creative design budget on those kick ass thigh high boots she had on this week??! It certainly feels like it.

Lennox was so badly shaken by Tyra basically bullying her into submission last week, that it was joyous to see her rise from the ashes and take best picture this week. Honestly, either get rid of the model you don't want or just let them get on with it Tyra. Don't punish the ones who did badly last week in this weeks shoot. It's sadistic, cruel and just further highlights that the fashion industry is a bit nasty compared to other industries. I hope Lennox grows some thicker skin and fast, because she's fastly becoming my favourite. Oh and Matthew still had the same face this week, but as Tyra said "damn you FINE".

LOLz at Ben singing that song (how random) with Adam and then Tyra's like "yo, that was a good song, but you're out of here bro". It was painfully obvious that Keith was going to stay over Ben though. Painfully. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shocked at what Denzel says about not wanting Will to win "because he wears heels" ...we know what he means by that...

Lennox slayed. She's wasn't one of my favourites but I'm rooting for her now. I'm confused as to why Rayleigh keeps scoring so low with Social Media?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lennox slayed. She's wasn't one of my favourites but I'm rooting for her now. I'm confused as to why Rayleigh keeps scoring so low with Social Media?

To be honest I think her portfolio has been very up-and-down in quality.

She was kind of screwed this week though because the judges liked her hair flips but her face was dead in the shot chosen for the fans to score.
    http://cwtvantm.s3.amazonaws.com/antm_2106_raelia_v1_vh.db02ccec.jpg
    So I'm not surprised it was low but Adam, Ben, Kari and Denzel all received even lower fan scores this week.

Last week her vampire shot had the joint highest fan score, along with Keith and Lenox.
    https://christoricolado.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/raelia3.jpg
    It is stunning, infact it was my fave that week.

Overall I'd say she's had 1 great shot, 1 okay and 3 rather poor ones.
    Unfortunately I think her semi-final selfie and the water one were both very weak shots and these were the first two released when the models start building up their fanbases based on their pics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    obvious from the instant the episode began that ben would leave and lennox would get best photo, i agree with you meglosmurmurs - the editing style is so boring and played out by this point.
    tyra is getting more cringeworthy by the week. i wonder if nigel barker and twiggy still watch the show? unfortunately i can't stop watching it despite how terrible it has become.
    mathew and kari are blatantly going soon. matthew got no airtime this week and kari is just coasting. shei i think is an underdog so even though she gets no airtime i reckon she will stick around.
    mirjana is so shameless with the whole denzel thing. raelia is right in saying that they're not classy. at least kari and keith are.
    Shocked at what Denzel says about not wanting Will to win "because he wears heels" ...we know what he means by that...

I'm confused as to why Rayleigh keeps scoring so low with Social Media?
    why are you shocked? he has made his views on homosexuality pretty clear thus far! i don't see him filtering those thoughts any time soon.

i would guess that raelia's 'aesthetic' is not right for the demographic that votes. i'll leave it up to you all to decode that! it's not difficult though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    top model is on fridays now everyone! in case you didn't know. so no top model this monday/tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder why they've changed the day it's on. I suppose the ratings aren't what they used to be. I think they received a boost last cycle after starting to include males but the novelty may have worn off.
    Though I actually didn't like cycle 20 that much, the only enjoyment I got from it was watching the majority of the cast get mad at Jourdan for stomping all over them. Not to mention the comeback was a total flop.

Tyra's favouritism seems to be far more noticeable this cycle though, which certainly doesn't help improve ratings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was meant to be on Fridays initially and I think they believe changing it to Monday, last minute, lost them viewers. Apparently Monday isnt a good night for it to be on.

There are so many things Tyra is doing wrong. To pick out something I haven't mentioned in my previous posts, "the Tyra Suite" - really? She can come across as a narcacist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think you could get two more opposite people than Will and Denzel. lol
    I wish Will had been a bit tougher about it, like 'Screw you Denzel, let me show you what I can do'. Getting emotional about it just fueled more small-minded comments from Denzel about Will's femininity. Though I can't believe Denzel said in confessional that male models have a negative light shed on them that they are gay or in the closest. *facepalm* He would have been better saying that sentence without including the word 'negative'.
    Will bringing it up at panel would obviously send the judges into lecture mode. Though Tyra made a good point that there would have been a similar attitude 50 years ago about black people being models.

Not really surprised at Kari going, shame that she started off being talked about by everyone as the most attractive girl and then she just descended into blah. She has been underrated for a while by the judges and fan scores, but I think this was her weakest shot yet. She looked like she had just fallen over, though Raelia looked like she was in the middle of slipping on a banana peel. So I thought they were the right bottom two.
    Everyone elses shots were either great or okay. Keith tends to be overrated and Denzel has never really produced anything special but I think their shots were really interesting this week.

Mirjana is one of the strongest models but she has one hell of an attitude. Not always in a negative sense, but she just has the presence of someone that could take you down in a moment's notice. I felt like she was threatened by Shei and Raelia this week, but the look on her face at panel when Lenox got her 2nd first callout in a row looked like she was thinking Lenox could be the biggest threat instead.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last episode did not show Mirjana or Denzel off as nice people at all. Denzel's comments about Will were uncalled for.
    Wasn't surprised to see Kari go because she hasn't really produced a great picture yet and there was a lot expected of her from the start since she had such a strong look. Loving Lenox at the moment, she is the most model like to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    denzel and will seem to have made up. on twitter, denzel is talking of an apology they didn't show and will is proclaiming his love for denzel.

as i said last week, "matthew or kari are blatantly soon" and kari did this week. predictable. matthew was only featured once this week so i guess hes next. raelia and shei are getting more airtime as time goes by and it appears lennox is the silent threat. what role will keith play now that kari has gone?

mirjana is so cocky and arrogant that it would be clever editing for her to have a massive downfall after these past few weeks. hopefully that downfall does come and it comes soon because i can't stand her. it's laughable how she tells denzel it's over next week when she has a boyfriend back home. i wish denzel got in there first after what mirjana did to matthew at the start of the cycle!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wish Denzel wasn't a good model/didnt have potential. He's trash. I hope Will beats him (in terms of places higher than him, not violence) now but so far I think Denzel is more likely to take the crown.

Glad that Raelia didn't go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I definitely think mirjana came across the worst in this weeks episode, despite Denzel's misguided comments about Will. Denzel still comes across as likeable. He'd just a macho guys who was saying what he was feeling. I don't think it came from a place of malice, and I think perhaps Will has more of an issue with his own sexuality than anyone else does. The fact that he was so easily brought to tears over something he overheard makes me feel this is a very raw nerve for him and it's something he will have to toughen up about, and in general because the fashion industry will tear someone that sensitive apart.

For me the only one's who are looking and acting like models at this point are Lennox, Matthew and Denzel. I couldn't care less about any of the rest of them. Apart from Keith, but he needs to do so much more than just lie there and look pretty. Maybe now Kari has gone, Keith will focus more on the competition and pull it out of the bag.

On a side note: Shei's makeover just still isn't doing it for me, and Denzel's face wig just makes me cringe more and more each time. Also what is with Kelly's comments? They might make sense to her, but to the viewer it just makes her sound like a bitter, former bullied girl in high school who is now on the flip side doing the bullying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A shame Matthew had to go, he was fairly capable but never quite amazing. Both his and Mirjana's shots looked like mannequins. I think Mirjana deserved a scare bottom two appearance as she's getting a bit sloppy letting her personal life interfere with the competition, but it still felt a rather random choice.

Tyra can't resist rescuing Adam every week, not to mention her lust for Keith and Denzel, giving them all a 9. Which means she thought their pictures were on the same level as Will's.
    I think a picture should get a 10 if it looks amazing and you struggle to pick any flaws, while a 9 should be a picture that is amazing but with one or two flaws. Adam's body was a complete mess yet Tyra was desperately trying to pick positives from it to justify a 9. Meanwhile Keith and Denzel's were okay, but nothing that special. An 8 would have been good enough. They even showed Denzel and Adam having a terrible time at the shoot.

I've also noticed that Tyra is only hard on her favourite in a week where she knows someone else did much worse so it acts as a safety net. The only time she's given Keith less than a 9 or 10 was the hair shoot when Ben had a very weak picture with that skunk hairdo. Same with Kiara in cycle 19, Tyra could only be extra hard on her the week she knew Victoria was practically falling apart.
    You can't encourage fan voting and then do your absolute best to manipulate around it to get the result you want, otherwise there's no point. I can understand doing it once or maybe twice for a model who is trying hard or has potential, or a strong model having an off-week. But if it happens week-after-week you have to get the message eventually.

On the positive side though, I'm glad Lenox slayed again. I thought that was a very difficult shoot, slotting in a bathtub with a huge robot, and yet she totally owned it.
    Despite the over-dominant Mirjana/Denzel drama, I like everyone this cycle. Which makes a change from the cycle before, which was like high school with the bitchy cliques. This cycle feels like it has a much better group dynamic.

lol Tyra's DNA reveal turning into a whole segment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirjana confessed and apologised to her boyfriend one day and then continued canoodling with Denzel the next. I'm not surprised.

Yes Tyra's favouritism towards the three boys is obvious. I always check Adam's fan score and it is always low. Her manipulation is so blatant. At this rate, Adam will creep his way into the final despite him being on the same sort of level as Ben and Matthew.

The whole DNA thing was redundant. They were reaching for the stars, trying to make it relevant by incorporating it into the photoshoot, but when the models have to explain that photo to other clients, I wonder what they will say? "So Raelia, what was this photoshoot about? You seem to be wearing a Native American headdress while posing as a robot?" Raelia gives a blank stare. BUT if this is what the show has come to, then fine. Sponsorships are an efficient way of generating money. Could have been incorpoated in a better way though.

Thinking back, Tyra likes these types of photo shoots doesn't she? There was the one in cycle 4 where the girls had to be mums of different races and pose with dolls and/or young children, and then there was the other one in the petite cycle where the girls had to portray mixed race people but the races were really unique, e.g. Egyptian and Tibetan. I really liked the cycle 4 one. I loved cycle 4 on a whole really.

I reckon next to go will be Raelia based on how she's been hovering around the bottom for the past two weeks. I haven't looked at the photos though so I don't really know. Wait, when is the comeback?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 9 for Adam yet again. He just can't do any wrong.
    At last the Denzel and Mirjana saga has come to a close. I'd like to see her go next week.
    I reckon Chantelle is the comeback, not Ben. Or maybe it was a joke and they're both going after all?
    I don't like the way they're trying to scare Lennox. If she doesn't do really well, they feel it necessary to shove her at the bottom of the pack and say, "but you can do better." How many times has Adam been in the bottom 2, 3 or 4 now but been saved because of Tyra's favouritism?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Denzel had a pretty bad episode, he was having trouble from all sides and could hardly be bothered anymore, so his elimination was becoming very obvious.

There was so much BS going on this episode though:

- Once again the fans voted on different pictures to what the judges marked. (Interesting that Mirjana had the highest fan score, though it was probably deserved for her solo shot - I think the best were Will, Mirjana, Shei and Raelia. Lenox's was slightly awkward, Keith and Denzel looked way too much like actors, while Adam's was as stiff as ever)

- I get the feeling that Tyra's favouritism is going to ruin this cycle like she did with cycle 9.
    Giving Adam a 9 was ridiculous, if she had given him just 1 point lower he would have gone, as the difference between Adam - Lenox - Denzel was 35.6 - 35.5 - 35.4.
    Plus I thought Keith looked just like a salsa dancer rather than a model in his shot with Mirjana, yet there was no mention of that from the judges, despite them saying another couple looked like ice skaters.

- I didn't mind so much that Lenox was in the bottom two as she did struggle, plus her solo shot that the fans marked was probably my least fave of the girls. Even though her shot with Adam was pretty good.
    Tyra's reasons for Lenox being in the bottom two were very weak, basically being punished for not being amazing - not booking ALL the shows? Only Shei booked all 3 and Adam and Mirjana booked 1 same as Lenox.
    Also, Tyra bringing up that it was Lenox's lowest social media score yet? It was still higher than Keith's, Denzel's and Adam's. Tyra seems happy to ignore the fact that Adam has had the lowest fan score 3 weeks in a row now.

- Yu screaming and stomping his feet at the photoshoot like a toddler, oh my god I was embarrassed. I'm done making excuses for him, I'm off the Yu train now.

Based on portfolios I think Chantelle deserves to come back, although she doesn't sound very popular with the other contestants (their faces when she was top girl lol). But Ben was also popular with fans during the scoring so I wouldn't be surprised at either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - I get the feeling that Tyra's favouritism is going to ruin this cycle like she did with cycle 9.
    Giving Adam a 9 was ridiculous, if she had given him just 1 point lower he would have gone, as the difference between Adam - Lenox - Denzel was 35.6 - 35.5 - 35.4.

i imagine this has been the case with adam several times. he is so short too! i do not see the potential. having said that, since he's mellowed out, he has come across a lot better.
    - Tyra's reasons for Lenox being in the bottom two were very weak, basically being punished for not being amazing - not booking ALL the shows?

punishment, that's the word i was looking for. it's almost high schoolish the way tyra acts towards lennox.
    - Yu screaming and stomping his feet at the photoshoot like a toddler, oh my god I was embarrassed. I'm done making excuses for him, I'm off the Yu train now.

i can't believe you were ever on the train!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Denzel is horrid and needs to learn to take advice but I genuinely think he was the second strongest male model in the competition, Lennox and him in the bottom two was a bit of a joke.

Also the chosen photo for Shei and Denzel was SO unflattering. Especially for Shei, she slayed the episode but her hair in that photo was a complete mess.

I was hoping for Chantelle and Matthew to make a comeback but Ben is a pretty good model. I hope Chantelle makes it through but I understand if Ben has a higher score, he has a very strong look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ali1234 wrote: »
    i can't believe you were ever on the train!

Well....have to be positive about something I suppose. Though it didn't last. lol
    Denzel is horrid and needs to learn to take advice but I genuinely think he was the second strongest male model in the competition, Lennox and him in the bottom two was a bit of a joke.

I think Denzel has star quality, though to me he's more of an actor than a model.

I didn't actually mind him lasting this long because when I looked at how I ranked the pics and who I would have eliminated after each shoot, Denzel ended up making it to this photoshoot in my rankings aswell.
    I think it's because he never really had a bad shot but he never wowed me either.
    Also the chosen photo for Shei and Denzel was SO unflattering. Especially for Shei, she slayed the episode but her hair in that photo was a complete mess.

I think it's a long-standing question in ANTM - does Tyra really choose the best shot or just the pic that fits who she wants to go?
    I do understand if she picks a shot that will help highlight the model's weaknesses so that they can improve on it.

Although Tyra has said in the past that she's done photoshoots in her career and then wondered why the hell a particular shot was chosen for the ad. So I think she uses this sort of logic to excuse herself from picking the best shot. Instead she's probably like "well, some client might pick this shot even though it's not the best one, the model just has to deal with it."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the downfall of Mirjana has happened. I knew they were building her up only for her to suffer a massive downfall. There was no way she was going to win. No Seoul for her, although we know they all end up going anyway.

The group have a vendetta against Chantelle, it seems. Mirjana seemed bitter that she came back over Denzel when Denzel wasn't in second or third place to come back. Was he even in fourth?

The episode was enjoyable enough - not as good as last week's though. I kind of want it to end now - as in I want to fast forward and see who wins. It's anybody's game. Shei is creeping her way up though and Will gets quite a bit of airtime after having virtually none in the first few weeks. Adam clearly isn't next to go as they gave a spoiler in their preview for next week's episode. It shows him going to collect his picture from Tyra. Next to go is probably between Raelia and Chantelle. Like Mirjana I can picture Chantelle having a downfall after her arrogant edit in this week's episode, and I don't think Tyra is on her team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least Chantelle's return has brought some new drama to the cycle. I'm glad Tyra's trying to thaw some of that cold exterior away, although I get the feeling that Chantelle winning the challenge and best photo is setting her up for a fall.
    I did get a touch of irony with the others complaining about Chantelle being so standoffish, but then Raelia complains about Mirjana being so fake and everyone's best friend.

Personally I thought the bottom two should have been Keith and then either Will or Raelia, with Keith going. He just bores me to tears now and has been stuck in the same look all cycle.
    But I don't think any of the man-candy from last cycle tickled Tyra's fancy, but now she's got Keith and Adam she is not letting go of them without a fight. I guess Tyra needs her fun too.
    Adam did pretty good at the shoot this time, but he is so much weaker than the others that it will get more ridiculous as time goes on.

Might aswell ignore the fact that the fans ranked a different pic yet again, just the single shot with the feathers and not the ones with double in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will completely bombed the photoshoot in the latest episode. He's one of my favourites but he deserved to be in the bottom two with Keith.

I thought the edit meant that Raelia would be a goner but I'm glad she made it to Seoul.

Shei once again slayed. The 6 from Kelly was so uncalled for.

I think the final two will/should be Shei and Will.