Final Fantasy X

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like X-2, it felt like Charlie's Angels in final fantasy land.
    The battles were good but the story was utter crap.

My gf on the other hand LOVES X-2 because of it's battle system and more linear, sinplistic approach.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    You have to think that if they were going to do X-2 then they'd be doing it now alongside X.

Can't see it myself.

More likely is XII next, which like X, is currently unavailable on the PS3 platform outside the 60Gb Phat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww but XII was awful, in fact the only one I thought was worse than XII was XIII.
    Which incidentally is he reason I aint buying anymore new ones.
    Forum Member
    ^^ I haven't gotten to that point yet. As much as I thought XIII was totally different to the golden age FF games, I still enjoyed it for what it was. From what they're saying they've addressed a lot of the issues with XIII so we'll see. If not I can always trade it back in again.

XII - agree. I've not played it to any great degree, but that's primarily because I wasn't overly impressed with it to begin with.

I'm glad that we're getting X, and I guess at some point, probably next gen, we'll undoubtedly get VII in some capacity. I just hope that after that we get something for VIII and IX as well, as they were proper FF games that deserve a bit of a polish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind 8 but 9 was way too easy imo.
    Forum Member
    8 and 9 were both relatively easy to be fair.

That didn't bother me too much as it still took about 100 hours to complete.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never finished 8, I hadn' done enough grinding and the final boss killed me in one hit during a battle that lasted around 2 hours. I gave up after that lol.

9 on the other hand, I didn't need to do any grinding at all, which is nice, but I felt underwhelmed when I finished it at such a low level and with only one character with more than 1000hp.
    It just didn't feel right after slogging through 7 & 8.
    Forum Member
    :D

Yeah that's true. Still, I play primarily for the story, and just to progress through the story usually takes a good few hours and then some.

IX didn't provide the challenge that VIII did, but it was every bit as charming in its own way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like X-2, it felt like Charlie's Angels in final fantasy land.
    The battles were good but the story was utter crap.

My gf on the other hand LOVES X-2 because of it's battle system and more linear, sinplistic approach.

Oh god....:p Saying that just brings back all of those memories of the YRP poses, j-pop and other tacky yet charming things, for me at least.

This X port shall be cool; I think it can translate into HD without looking weird. The main advantage I see is that it can be played on the PS vita so it'll be portable! :P
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I love the portability.

It works really well on the PS One Classics. When I was playing through VIII again recently I'd play it at home on the PS3 and then transfer the save to my PSP to play at lunch at work.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final Fantasy X is a good choice for a remake IMO. It's not my favourite in the series (I prefer the less linear ones), but it has a strange sort of replay value for me. Even though there isn't THAT much to miss out on in one playthrough (compared to some of the earlier games and XII), I often find myself missing the world of Spira and it's characters after I've completed it, and start playing it again about 6 months later. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the remake - hopefully they'll do something about the awful voice acting for Tidus and Yuna.

As far as a remake for VII, I personally don't think it will ever happen, especially if people are expecting it to be fully voiced. Can you imagine being the person in charge of finding a voice actor for Sepiroth?

I would love a remake of FF9 mind you :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the point of voice-acting, one thing I hope they remove is the ability to rename Tidus. Everyone going out of their way to avoid saying his name started to grate very quickly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jy1541 wrote: »
    On the point of voice-acting, one thing I hope they remove is the ability to rename Tidus. Everyone going out of their way to avoid saying his name started to grate very quickly.

I agree, it was very annoying when in the same conversation other people's names would be heard but never his.

Imagine what that would be like in real life?!? :D
    Forum Member
    Related note - new trailer for XIII-2;

Link
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Related note - new trailer for XIII-2;

Link

when they looking to release this?
    Forum Member
    It's out here early Feb 2012.
  • ultron29ultron29 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks incredible; cannot wait for XIII-2 :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X was the only Final Fantasy I have played that I didn't complete. I started with VII, and played VIII, IX, X and XIII.

IMO, VII was probably about 10 times as good as any of the others, maybe because it was my first FF experience, none of the others could compare.

They are all good games in their own right, but will always be lying in the shadow of FFVII for me.

A full-on remake, not just polished graphics but the whole shebang, would be awesome I think, although pretty unlikely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    There is a rumour circulating around that some elements of Final Fantasy X (Characters and Aeons) are going to be remade using the Crystal Tools Engine; the same engine used for FFXIII. The luminous engine will be used for magic and lighting effects too. There is apparently also minor changes happening to blitzball and the ability to play online.
    If this is true, this is pretty exciting news! I just hope they don't change the soundtrack at all. It had one of the best soundtracks in my opinion.

Source: http://www.psu.com/Rumor--Final-Fantasy-X-HD-made-using-Final-Fantasy-XIII-engine---a013050-p0.php
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    There is a rumour circulating around that some elements of Final Fantasy X (Characters and Aeons) are going to be remade using the Crystal Tools Engine; the same engine used for FFXIII. The luminous engine will be used for magic and lighting effects too. There is apparently also minor changes happening to blitzball and the ability to play online.
    If this is true, this is pretty exciting news! I just hope they don't change the soundtrack at all. It had one of the best soundtracks in my opinion.

Source: http://www.psu.com/Rumor--Final-Fantasy-X-HD-made-using-Final-Fantasy-XIII-engine---a013050-p0.php

Sounds awesome if true
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member

I sounds like its getting a proper spitshine, which is good news.

I'm more excited about this now, as I'd really like another crack at the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not my favourite Final Fantasy, but imo it is the last one that is any good at all.

XII and XIII are absolutely diabolical.

not my favourite by a long way, last one I really really liked was 9.but i'm sure though there will be someone more geekier than me that will say number 7 is where it all went wrong ...:rolleyes:
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can not wait for this! I loved playing this for PS2 and have been contemplating rebuying one just to play FFX again. Hope it gets released as soon as possible and is the international version as the dark aeons were awesome. I can't wait to play Blitzball again :D
    Forum Member
    Link

Rumours that FFX:HD will include FFX-2 on-disc as a free extra for the PS3 version. Vita version sold separately.

A shame that X-2 wasn't a better game, otherwise this would have been great. As it is, t'would be a nice gesture, but I doubt I'd ever play it tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna get the Vita version and despite my hatred of X-2, i'm having second thoughts about it