Luke Friend is awful

13»

Comments

• mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    I think Luke will stick with his acoustic rock style after the show which is marketable today but his style of performance will have elements of his musical heroes.

I do love his music taste though - it's refreshing to see someone so young have knowledge of the greats (he mentioned Eddie, Stevie Nicks, Jeff Buckley and Bowie all in one interview!)

that's one of the things I like about him as well , he seems genuinely into music

I would dread to think who Nicholas might list as influences if they asked him , altho I might be doing him a dis-service
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Did you misspell Hanna Banana

Hannah is a banana. :o
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twss wrote: »
    This isn't the route to market for a Thom Yorke or Eddie Vedder, though. Guy Garvey is a bit different in that his popularity is based on one hugely overrated song. He probably sells most of his records in Tesco and could totally get away with coming from a talent show.

I quite agree about a "route to market" and if a Frank Zappa were to appear on such a show I wouldn't be able take him seriously. That isn't to say there's no market for Luke though, more that he's taken a wrong turn getting there - this is sounding like a pantomime.

I'm not sure which of Elbow's songs is the overrated one - I don't listen to chart radio - but I thought their first album, "Asleep in the Back", was superb and, artistically, they've nose-dived since. I saw them in 2003 at a relatively small venue and they were wonderful. I saw them again at Glastonbury 2011 holding 100,000 people in thrall and yet I thought they'd completely lost it. Had Elbow come to my attention through an ITV talent show I doubt I'd have bought the first album.
  • punkyfish50punkyfish50 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    He was rubbish and looks like a teenage girl in the early stages of pregnancy.

:D:D:D
  • The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't my favourite by him but still good
  • ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahaha I've never thought of him like that before but now that you mention it... :p:D
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    He's been much better in the live shows than he was in his initial auditions.

I agree. Wasnt sure why they picked him but hes proving to be quite a star. Still think Paul should have been in. In fact there are a lot who should have been picked.
  • fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member

PMSL :D:D
  • monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke Friend is a talentless turd and I would happily give him a good hard kick in his nut sack
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monrose wrote: »
    Luke Friend is a talentless turd and I would happily give him a good hard kick in his nut sack

Amazing how tough people can be behind a screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Convict wrote: »
    I agree that Luke was poor, BUT the problem for the show is that he still isn't the worst contestant they have!!

How on earth the show managed to get through all those auditions and subsequent rounds to come up with a final 12 that included Luke, Sam C, Abi, miss dynamix, Shelley and the other over (can't recall her name) is frankly amazing. With all due respect to Sam B, the fact that a failed cruise shop singer is the odds- on favourite should be ringing alarm bells for the way thus whole show is put together.

Couldnt agree with you more. The auditions seemed that they were spoilt for choice. But do they ever get it right.
    I think they have a totally wrong approach to this show. Seem to go for who will sell records when some could be long stayers not one hit wonder.
    Most of the good overs were left out for example and Paul in the boys. Poor Paul what a great voice and cast aside cos he didn't look the part. He already had low self esteem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lkhere wrote: »
    way I see it is they don't pick the best 12 they pick maybe 2-3 they want to win and the rest are cannon fodder rated in terms of what weeks they will last.....as otherwise how can they push for certain acts to win if it's full of winners?!!
    my thought on this tbh

I was going to add something similar. Its obvious by the selection that they want some losers as well.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    Couldnt agree with you more. The auditions seemed that they were spoilt for choice. But do they ever get it right.
    I think they have a totally wrong approach to this show. Seem to go for who will sell records when some could be long stayers not one hit wonder.
    Most of the good overs were left out for example and Paul in the boys. Poor Paul what a great voice and cast aside cos he didn't look the part. He already had low self esteem.

Bluey from Incognito has contacted Paul and posted this on the bands FB page
    Tonight I saw a shy young man on X factor named Paul Akister. He had a wonderful voice, so I carried on watching as Louis Walsh dismissed him in favour of other singers that he thought would be better pop stars, and he may be right. But there are other avenues available to those who have great voices, and if anyone out there knows Paul Akister, I’d like to offer him my services as a songwriter/producer. For all I know someone with ears at a record company may have contacted him already. If not, and you happen to know him, please point him my way. Peace… Bluey

And now added an update.
    Thank you all for your support of Paul and some of you for your kind comments regarding Incognito. Paul May be contracted by the show for possibly a year. He is welcome to my offer now or when he sees it fit. Glad to see folks so passionate about a good voice. I personally also like his polite demeanor and see his mild manner as a strength and not a weakness!

Think this route would make much more sense for Paul to be linked with a credible, well respected jazz/funk/soul band
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I often wonder if they try to save the less talented ones to make the others sound better or is it the other way around I wonder. ;):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Bluey from Incognito has contacted Paul and posted this on the bands FB page

And now added an update.

Think this route would make much more sense for Paul to be linked with a credible, well respected jazz/funk/soul band

Great news. He may be better off not going the X factor route.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A sheep dressed as a troll dressed as a keyboard warrior.
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dude seriously :rolleyes:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/krispos42/Captioned/InternetToughGuy.jpg
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'monrose: inactive member'

Has she been banned?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    'monrose: inactive member'

Has she been banned?

I thought they sounded like a pre-pubescent 13 year old lad trying to act tough by the language in their posts. Surely it wasn't a girl :confused:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,686
    Forum Member

Come on theres no need for that :(
    Inactive member - I wonder why? :rolleyes:
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they sounded like a pre-pubescent 13 year old lad trying to act tough by the language in their posts. Surely it wasn't a girl :confused:

Well, profile says female. And her grudge against Nicholas (and more recently Luke) seems to have originated from Alejandro not making it through boot camp. So female (and teenage) seems more likely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, profile says female. And her grudge against Nicholas (and more recently Luke) seems to have originated from Alejandro not making it through boot camp. So female (and teenage) seems more likely.

That's even more sad :eek:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That old? :eek:
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Luke over Nicholas - maybe technically not as good as Nicholas vocally but he has a lot of charisma
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I prefer Luke over Nicholas - maybe technically not as good as Nicholas vocally but he has a lot of charisma

I agree, Luke is more watchable. :)