American Idol: Live Show 2 (Top 9) Discussion/Lead Up

13»

Comments

• kitbitkitbit Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I love Kree and her singing but wasn't overly impressed with tonight's performance. I think all the backing singers put me off tonight tbh.

Candice was stupendous as always but not as show-stealing as last week - still best act of the night though.

Angie... her interpretation was too.... much tbh. Jimmy told her not to overdramatise and not to oversing and she did it anyway. I agree with Jimmy that there's something wrong there and that it needs fixing, huge talent regardless.

Lazaro... was awful. And his claims of having to change his song the night before - when Jimmy Iovine said that he'd been rehearsing it with him 5 days earlier - just makes me say 'See ya!'. But his lovely smile and the sympathy vote will no doubt protect him a bit longer.

Amber's all very good but I'm bored. Ditto Burnell and Paul tonight. Devin was easily the best of the boys but that isn't saying much.

Janelle actually managed to sound current - probably because I'd never heard the song before so it sounded new to me! Was very good anyway.

Results show:

Lazaro saved by public as predicted, Paul not saved by Judges also as predicted.

Casey was great!!! Although Nicki seemed to be wearing a slight sneer - possibly trying to fit him into one of her 'marketable' niches?

And omg WOW! Jessica Sanchez is all grown up. She looks like she's been wiggling her ass on a world stage forever. Go girl!!

:D