Glenn Mulcare may speak to media

ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
Forum Member
✭✭
He was just on the news refusing to answer their questions but said this "may change" and the situation is changing hour by hour.

This is significant, given that News Int today announced they would stop paying him.

Mulcare holds the fate of a lot of people in his hands. If he announces that he told the likes of Andy Coulson or Rebekah Brooks, or some other hitherto unnamed person, about the phone hacking then the media hurricane will ratch back up to level 5 again.

Comments

• JoDeanLaneJoDeanLane Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping he does name then all.
  • nothing on tvnothing on tv Posts: 5,044
    Forum Member
    Zeus wrote: »
    He was just on the news refusing to answer their questions but said this "may change" and the situation is changing hour by hour.

This is significant, given that News Int today announced they would stop paying him.

Mulcare holds the fate of a lot of people in his hands. If he announces that he told the likes of Andy Coulson or Rebekah Brooks, or some other hitherto unnamed person, about the phone hacking then the media hurricane will ratch back up to level 5 again.

oh dear. I see an axe and a car park in that man's future.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JoDeanLane wrote: »
    I'm hoping he does name then all.

Name them all for doing what? Brooks and the Murdochs did not hack peoples 'phones.
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Name all of those from every newspaper group who commissioned him to obtain information and paid for it, without checking how he obtained the info or worse those who knew he was hacking phones and re-commissioned him.

Work with the Met to detail which names on his list had their phones hacked and which he just noted down the necessary info for.
  • PoliticoRNPoliticoRN Posts: 5,519
    Forum Member
    oh dear. I see an axe and a car park in that man's future.

Or a lonely field and a packet of drugs?
  • PoliticoRNPoliticoRN Posts: 5,519
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Name them all for doing what? Brooks and the Murdochs did not hack peoples 'phones.

But if I were a betting man I'd bet my last £ they knew about it and, as long it got stories and was kept hush-hush, condoned it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PoliticoRN wrote: »
    But if I were a betting man I'd bet my last £ they knew about it and, as long it got stories and was kept hush-hush, condoned it.

Unlike you I like hard facts and evidence not tittle tattle before I decide.
  • roth30roth30 Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if he says she knew about it and asked him to do it that makes her as guilty as him. She as all ways said she did not know it was happening,

Here is his interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14224163
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlike you I like hard facts and evidence not tittle tattle before I decide.
    Mulcaire has already said, when he was being filmed without his knowledge that hacking was decided by a committee of journalists, no way Brooks & Coulson didn't know, McMullen has also said the same:

intro

full secret recording
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Sean Hoare said Andy Coulson often told him to hack phones
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And now we have a huge hacking/corruption scandal going on and Sean Hoare is dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    And now we have a huge hacking/corruption scandal going on and Sean Hoare is dead.

all we can hope is Sean Hoare had evidence in his house that would implicate Andy Coulson
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    roth30 wrote: »
    But if he says she knew about it and asked him to do it that makes her as guilty as him. She as all ways said she did not know it was happening,

Here is his interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14224163

Tittle tattle - he said she said.
  • Brian1709Brian1709 Posts: 2,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he might speak to media, he might not, he might name various people, he might not, he might be telling the truth, he might not.

I'm glad we cleared that up it's political dynamite.
  • johna999johna999 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt if Coulsen would have told one of his journos to do anything illegal... if anything it would have gone something like...

Coulsen - Hoare, get the story.

Hoare - but that involv... '''Cut off'''

Coulsen - Don't ever tell me how you do it, I don't want to know, I don't care, just get the story.....

Hoare - OK, I need 5k for a pa.. -'''cut off again''''

Coulsen - Shut up,. 5k for expenses you mean... Submit in the normal 'expenses' way.....