Options

Should someone with a temper have a firearms license?

Comments

• Options
    peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Pretty much everything you've posted if I'm honest.

Well, that's your prerogative. Is it because you're a hand-wringing lefty with an innate suspicion of anyone with vaguely right-wing views? Is that your beef with me?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. Emotions run high again. Over nothing in particular.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to understand why owning a shotgun and ferrets, and wearing a flak jacket, makes him a lowlife:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    magratx wrote: »
    I'm still trying to understand why owning a shotgun and ferrets, and wearing a flak jacket, makes him a lowlife:confused:

He enjoys blood sports. I'm pro-animal welfare. Of course I'm going to regard him as a lowlife. I'm sure his mother loves him. Feel desperately sorry for any woman unlucky enough to be in a relationship with him though.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

It's probably a cheap Russian over-and-under instead of a side-by-side Purdey.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Well, that's your prerogative. Is it because you're a hand-wringing lefty with an innate suspicion of anyone with vaguely right-wing views? Is that your beef with me?

No.

It's just that you admit to being a misanthrope and a vegetablist with a dislike for people who hunt, your lack of willingness to accept responsibility for the actions of your pet, your subsequent threats to "get even" and your apparent need for affirmation suggest that your account of the incident might not be entirely objective.

Speaking as a dog owner myself, on occasion I've had the misfortune to stumble across people with an irrational dislike of dogs and I've always found that calling my dogs back to me and giving the person a waved apology is the easiest way to defuse the situation.
    I can't say that I've ever found hurling insults at the other person to be a sensible course of action.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    He enjoys blood sports. I'm pro-animal welfare. Of course I'm going to regard him as a lowlife. I'm sure his mother loves him. Feel desperately sorry for any woman unlucky enough to be in a relationship with him though.

You can be both.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good god!! so now he's a wife beater as well:eek:
  • Options
    lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He enjoys blood sports. I'm pro-animal welfare. Of course I'm going to regard him as a lowlife.

What a lot of twaddle you come out with.
    I detest all blood sports but no way do I regard others who enjoy blood sports as lowlife, that is silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good god!! so now he's a wife beater as well:eek:

It wouldn't surprise me, based on his apparent inability to manage his anger. I struggle with this too, but I don't start arguments with strangers (but will defend myself when attacked) and I don't have gun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me, based on his apparent inability to manage his anger. I struggle with this too, but I don't start arguments with strangers (but will defend myself when attacked) and I don't have gun.

Really:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    You can be both.

Don't be daft.

It's only the bunny-huggers who care about animals.

Everybody with a flat cap and a shotgun actually just wants to machine-gun everything that has a face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Don't be daft.

It's only the bunny-huggers who care about animals.

Everybody with a flat cap and a shotgun actually just wants to machine-gun everything that has a face.

Poor bloke is probably a pest control officer with the council:D
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All we need is a quick mention of paedo's, Muslims, daily mail, the EDL and some rude references to bottoms and we'll probably have a full house on the nutter bingo
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So from one mouthful to which you gave a mouthful back you not only assume he is always bad tempered and is potentially dangerous you also assume he will be a wife beater, hopefully you have never served on a jury.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    All we need is a quick mention of paedo's, Muslims, daily mail, the EDL and some rude references to bottoms and we'll probably have a full house on the nutter bingo

Maybe the man was a Muslim who reads the Daily Mail, he has a neighbour who is in the EDL and that's why he gets so angry and when the lady walked up on him he had just been having a sneaky poo and that's why he lost his temper.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

Blimey! I hope you're never on a jury!

Your dog should have been on a lead. If it had been, none of this would have happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We'll as you gave him a mouthful back,how's your anger management coming along?
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What on earth does your imagined perception of his relationship with his mother or his wife/girlfriend have to do with anything at all?

What a strange thing to come out with,
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    What on earth does your imagined perception of his relationship with his mother or his wife/girlfriend have to do with anything at all?

What a strange thing to come out with,

It's implying most others would not be so keen....;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Nobody should have a firearms licence IMO
  • Options
    NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There ya go.

Signed, whilst wringing hands, A Liberal.
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member

You mean it should be available to all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You mean it should be available to all?

No, should be available to no one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NatoPMT wrote: »
    There ya go.

Signed, whilst wringing hands, A Liberal.

Excuse me?? :confused: