Comments

• KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Does anyone care? This is a god-awful show!

I've rarely seen anything so dated and hackneyed!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love angel stuff so will look out for this one.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Does anyone care? This is a god-awful show!

I've rarely seen anything so dated and hackneyed!

It was meh. Like everything on Syfy right now.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, truly awful, with another 'Home and Away' actor (who can't act) as the main character.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh.......I'm surprised......it looked quite good from the trailer and write up, although the idea of angels isn't something that immediately makes me think of watching. Just like anything that mentions Vampire puts me off, so does Angel

I haven't seen the film - to be honest I've never heard of the film

Was the film a load of old rubbish ?
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard many good things from it, then come on here and it's like "god awful" lol.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wowboy wrote: »
    I have heard many good things from it, then come on here and it's like "god awful" lol.
    Give it a go, you might like it, everyone has different likes & dislikes.
    I personally only lasted 3 episodes.
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could take it or leave it tbh.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    The movie, Legion, is currently in rotation on More Than Movies. Worth a watch, rips off Terminator amongst others, but likeable enough.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The movie was on Sony last month, I lasted 20 minutes before going off to watch a repeat of something. It was really boring.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought, while quite predictable, the second half was quite good. I will wat h the next episode. However Roxanne's American accent is laughable.
  • scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave the pilot a go, but won't be returning.

Didn't get the feudal "Houses" bit, definite Dune/GoT influence (by which I mean rip-off). Plus Alan Dales's uniform annoyed me with all that gold braid.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, so has anyone actually watched the series so far?

I gave it a go and had a free spot on Friday evening so stuck with it. Not as bad as I feared in the end.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Okay, so has anyone actually watched the series so far?

I gave it a go and had a free spot on Friday evening so stuck with it. Not as bad as I feared in the end.

I did, and found it more interesting than I anticipated. They left it where it could have been left unanswered, but as they have renewed it, it will be interesting to see where they take it. I'd like to see more of Vega and the other settlements, especially given the references (online more than in the show) to how the societies are organised, instead of just focusing on a few central characters all the time.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pilot nearly lost me with the talk of magic babies and prophesies, but I'm glad I stuck with it.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah gave the first episode a go as I liked the film, but the tv show didn't interest me enough to return. I just think the whole thing could have been done better.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was okay, I enjoyed the pilot but it was just so.....predictable and cliched that I am not sure, given I have limited TV watching time, I will find the time to devote to this. Might be a catch up via Amazon / Netflix in the future :)