Options

The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Annushka, do you live in Paris? Terrible news today!! Hope you and your people are alright...

Hi! I have just come back from work & have just found out about this attack, it's shocking news.
    I live in southern France, so my familly & I are fine, but it still feels very strange to be honest.
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Hi! I have just come back from work & have just found out about this attack, it's shocking news.
    I live in southern France, so my familly & I are fine, but it still feels very strange to be honest.

Good to hear you're fine! Don't know what else to say, these things make me speechless...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to hear you're fine! Don't know what else to say, these things make me speechless...

I know what you mean. We have had acts of terrorism on the french soil, but the last one was some time ago (I can't even pinpoint it right now), and I believe that the symbolic aspect (with the choice of target) makes it even more disturbing... At least it does to me.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is shocking and really worries me about freedom of speech. I don't want to live in a world where we can't say anything for fear of being bombed/ murdered
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member

What andi84 said. No words adequate otherwise. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/OneDirection/view/120237

Someone really needs to show the I-carly episode with 1D to Harvey... He is really lucky that there was a scheduling conflict & Harry couldn't accept his offer ;)
    I actually think that Harry is aware that he would need to take numerous acting classes before he can become a decent actor (and even then... some people just aren't good at it).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night Changes officially "silver" now.
    And up 5 places in today's midweeks (#14).

FOUR up 2 places from last Sunday (to #7).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Someone really needs to show the I-carly episode with 1D to Harvey... He is really lucky that there was a scheduling conflict & Harry couldn't accept his offer ;)
    I actually think that Harry is aware that he would need to take numerous acting classes before he can become a decent actor (and even then... some people just aren't good at it).

I agree but Harry has charisma in bucket loads and that will translate really well to the big screen.. IMO both Zayn and Harry could pull off the transition to big screen . By the way think of Justin Timberlake and he translated really well although thinking about it wasn't he a Disney kid in the first place?
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol! I have to agree with you there. Saw that I Carly episode again a few weeks ago, the acting was pretty bad.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I agree but Harry has charisma in bucket loads and that will translate really well to the big screen.. IMO both Zayn and Harry could pull off the transition to big screen . By the way think of Justin Timberlake and he translated really well although thinking about it wasn't he a Disney kid in the first place?

I completely agree that Harry is incredibly charismatic. Maybe with time & effort, he could improve in the acting department.
    He handles interviews so well that you'd expect him to be better in a way.

To be fair, he isn't the only bad actor in 1D, Niall war particularily cringeworthy for the line he had to deliver at the beginning of the SMG video IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are looking for MTUK and Albrightyz I bet you'll find them on tumblr.

Apparently Perriie's I clouds has been hacked and there are pics of nude Zayn :o:o:o Why do people have these on their pc's *shakes head!!*
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree that Harry is incredibly charismatic. Maybe with time & effort, he could improve in the acting department.
    He handles interviews so well that you'd expect him to be better in a way.

To be fair, he isn't the only bad actor in 1D, Niall war particularily cringeworthy for the line he had to deliver at the beginning of the SMG video IMO.

What about Naill's starring role at the beginning of the You and I video? Looking left and right. Oscar winning acting :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    If you are looking for MTUK and Albrightyz I bet you'll find them on tumblr.

Apparently Perriie's I clouds has been hacked and there are pics of nude Zayn :o:o:o Why do people have these on their pc's *shakes head!!*

Not that I have looked for them or anything :blush::D but it's not him. It's some bored teen photoshopping Zayn's tattoos onto a mans naked body. They missed quite a few of the tattoos as well.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Zaynie!! :):blush: :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK charts from last week:

albums:
    #7 (up from #9) FOUR - 13.044 copies (only 150 copies behind #6), total now 539.205 copies

singles:
    #14 (up from #19): Night Changes - 23k, total now 212k
    #25 (down from #21): Steal My Girl - around 17k, total now 429k
  • Options
    ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday to Zayn! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that Zayn has a lovely birthday :)

One Direction fans raise an incredible $11,000 for charity to celebrate Zayn Malik's birthday
    http://www.sugarscape.com/lads/news/a1074043/one-direction-fans-charity-fundraising-zayn-malik-birthday/

Some of the best fan messages to Zayn Malik for his 22nd birthday
    http://www.sugarscape.com/lads/news/a1074053/best-fan-messages-zayn-malik-22nd-birthday/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction join Pink Floyd and Radiohead to campaign against expensive ticket resellers
    http://www.sugarscape.com/music/news/a1074027/one-direction-campaign-against-expensive-tickets/
    I have no idea how they can really stop that though...

BTW, there is also a charity drive for Harry's birthday:
    http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=harry21&isTeam=true
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that Zayn has a lovely birthday :)

One Direction fans raise an incredible $11,000 for charity to celebrate Zayn Malik's birthday
    http://www.sugarscape.com/lads/news/a1074043/one-direction-fans-charity-fundraising-zayn-malik-birthday/

Some of the best fan messages to Zayn Malik for his 22nd birthday
    http://www.sugarscape.com/lads/news/a1074053/best-fan-messages-zayn-malik-22nd-birthday/

Aww. Fans have really made an effort on twitter this year. And he appears to have noticed from his twitter account. He's tweeted more in one day then he does in a month lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction join Pink Floyd and Radiohead to campaign against expensive ticket resellers
    http://www.sugarscape.com/music/news/a1074027/one-direction-campaign-against-expensive-tickets/

I have no idea how they can really stop that though...

Did you get tickets yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Did you get tickets yet?

Nope... it's so far away, should I get on it right now? Unless I wait until the last minute, I am not likely to strike a great deal anyway.
    Then again, since I would have to buy a plan ticket, I can't be a last minute decision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope... it's so far away, should I get on it right now? Unless I wait until the last minute, I am not likely to strike a great deal anyway.
    Then again, since I would have to buy a plan ticket, I can't be a last minute decision.

I am going to wait till like 2 weeks before. There were some amazing deals last time on Gumtree and others.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Zaynie!! :):blush: :kitty:

Happy Birthday Zayn.:)
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK charts from last week:

albums:
    #7 (up from #9) FOUR - 13.044 copies (only 150 copies behind #6), total now 539.205 copies

singles:
    #14 (up from #19): Night Changes - 23k, total now 212k
    #25 (down from #21): Steal My Girl - around 17k, total now 429k

Great news about the album. Still a way off what MM did but considering pop groups have a shelf life that's to be expected. And wow to Steal My Girl's sales. How does it compare to the other lead singles?