Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You pay a hell of a lot of notice to the big boys league for someone who reckons the Championship is the only league in town. :)

I'll settle for 25 points from the last 27, only the 2nd time we've dropped points against a bottom 6 team all season.

It's hardly takes a lot of attention to hear the newsreader say you drew 3-3 with 8th placed Dundee. Celtic seem so worried about the 'title challenge' they are off on holiday getting beat off the also-rans of Europe. Nial McGinn will probably be in the home end watching and cheering as Celtic go above Aberdeen such is the farce of Scottish football.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    How much was in the bank when he started and the share issue money came in? Was it not about £80 million?
    Maybe he can make a call to the Dallas Cowboys from his sickbed to come and rescue them. I miss Charlie Green and his madcap lies and BS

Sounds like more BS.
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a strange interview tbh - although it came as a shock to those who claimed he'd been arrested in France.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much was in the bank when he started and the share issue money came in? Was it not about £80 million?
    Maybe he can make a call to the Dallas Cowboys from his sickbed to come and rescue them. I miss Charlie Green and his madcap lies and BS

Don't forget Manchester United, if you can define who Manchester United are.
    You pay a hell of a lot of notice to the big boys league for someone who reckons the Championship is the only league in town. :)

I'll settle for 25 points from the last 27, only the 2nd time we've dropped points against a bottom 6 team all season.

Aberdeen have taken 25 from the last 27, the tribute act have taken 16 out of 27. It is understandable why wee Franco has been avoiding looking at the championship results and table.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    if there's no good reason to postpone a game, they yes, and if the time off gives them an unfair advantage then DEFINITELY YES!

should always be up to officials to call off matches

I'm afraid that no good reason is needed, at least during January. The SPFL advised some time ago that any club could postpone a match during January if they wished.

Pity St Mirren can't afford to go on hols somwhere :(
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dundee will provide the opposition for Julian Speroni's testimonial at Selhurst Park on Tuesday May 26th.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    You drew 3-3 with Dundee, an 8th placed Premiership team, at home. It was hardly a fightback against all the odds against a team of superstars. That was Aberdeen playing with hardly any pressure, imagine them at the split when they have to win.

You blew any small chance of the league with that result.

How's that Champioship, best show in town, going ? Heading for an epic climax ? When's the next Rangers vs Alloa match ? They at least do seem consistently competitive. Nice to have a rivalry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Dundee will provide the opposition for Julian Speroni's testimonial at Selhurst Park on Tuesday May 26th.

On his day he is a cracking keeper.

I can see a good number of Dundee fans heading down for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    How's that Champioship, best show in town, going ? Heading for an epic climax ? When's the next Rangers vs Alloa match ? They at least do seem consistently competitive. Nice to have a rivalry.

You wanting some inside knowledge on where you will be next season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With that display the pressure goes on Aberdeen for their game on Friday.

A superb performance by Celtic tonight, could have been 7 or 8.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    On his day he is a cracking keeper.

I can see a good number of Dundee fans heading down for this.

I wonder if they will think they are playing dundee united:D

The old calling United dundee thing still exists down south
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With that display the pressure goes on Aberdeen for their game on Friday.

A superb performance by Celtic tonight, could have been 7 or 8.

Been a while since a team turned up to play Celtic at CP and stuck 10 men behind the ball.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Been a while since a team turned up to play Celtic at CP and stuck 10 men behind the ball.

With the number of teams who have had success having a go at us you would think more teams would go for it against us.

As an aside, Tunnock's Teacakes in batter are amazing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 goals for Kris Doolan of Patrick tonight.

When was the last time a player scored 4 in the top league? Kris Boyd?
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to hear rumours Rangers are fine with not rearranging the Hearts game till Easter weekend- first weekend in April- which if true means they've more or less thrown the towel in on the league.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 goals for Kris Doolan of Patrick tonight.

When was the last time a player scored 4 in the top league? Kris Boyd?

Gary Hooper 5-0 Hearts springs to mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Interesting to hear rumours Rangers are fine with not rearranging the Hearts game till Easter weekend- first weekend in April- which if true means they've more or less thrown the towel in on the league.

And are looking for the extra ticket sales that game could bring.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    Nicky Law could well be punted by Rangers this week. After selling Lewis Macleod is the new Rangers tactic going to be not to bother with a midfield apart from Ian Black booting people? Oh hang on a minute, is that not how they play now??:)
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canning is to be the new Hamilton manager according to STV Sport.

Bit surprising given they got beat 5-0 last night. Can see Dundee finishing above them now.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Michael Tidser returns to Cappielow on a 2 and a half year deal.

Sensational move from the club after bringing back Peaso last week.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    WTF is it with Rangers players and betting on football? Simmonsen charged by the SFA with betting on games this season and last.
    With Bell still injured be great if he got a ban for the LC semi:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF is it with Rangers players and betting on football? Simmonsen charged by the SFA with betting on games this season and last.
    With Bell still injured be great if he got a ban for the LC semi:)

After Ian Black - what is Simonsen's excuse?

'I didn't know the rules' surely isn't going to wash this time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brighton agree a fee with Celtic for Beram Kayal - never the same player after doing his ankle from Elbow's challenge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Ian Black - what is Simonsen's excuse?

'I didn't know the rules' surely isn't going to wash this time.

It is a silly rule, if it was just 'no betting on games in Scotland' I would think it was okay but worldwide is a bit extreme IMO.

They all know the rules though so no excuses.
    Brighton agree a fee with Celtic for Beram Kayal - never the same player after doing his ankle from Elbow's challenge.

Kayal, overall, has been a disappointment in a Celtic shirt considering how good his first season was. The last couple of years he hasn't really played much so it isn't a great loss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @irismcculloch

Check out Lee's mums favourite posts on twitter. :D:D

I see The Sun are claiming this story as an 'exclusive' after nicking it off Celtic fora.