Options

Emmerdale - needs to introduce a strong female

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
Now that Charity has gone and Katie is going we need to see the introduction of a strong female figure.

For me the dales need more strong females, I love Nicola, Gloria, Bernice, Diane, Brenda, Pearl, Chas, Val, Kerry, Harriet and Alicia. I can tolerate Debbie and Moria. None are hardly Queen of the Dales material.

However the following:-

Lisa Dingle - Kill her off now, I'd rather see Zak a window than have the poor bloke have to put that whinge bag any longer!!!

Laurel - Well you don't really have to explain why Laurel should bugger off and leave.

Vanessa - Now I don't think there is anything wrong with Vanessa but she is as exciting as a brick wall.

Rhona - Same as above.

Megan - I have tried and tried but for me she always was the weaker Macey character.

Leyla - her return has been utter pap, so they need to up her game or get rid

Belle - I am not digging psycho Belle, they could have her kill a few off and lock her up for me.

Chrissie - She has to be the worst actress EVER!!! Maybe in time she might learn to act but if it doesn't hurry up I will have to fast forward all her scenes.

Rachel, Ali and Ruby - these three are my ultimate soap nightmare characters - they're just shit and there is no nice way to put it!!! :(

I'd love for ED to recast Tina Dingle, its a move long overdue. I'd also be ok with a recast Jasmine Thomas and id love to see Amy Wyatt return.

If only Zoe Tate would return...........

I know we have Bobs daughter coming but as of yet I cant say that excites me, but I guess you cant judge until they're on screen.

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you list all those female characters, it never dawned on me that the range of female characters on Emmers compared to Corrie and EE is relatively weak.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale needs its own Sharon/Carla/Peggy/Pat/Liz/Shirley/Tanya B/ Jane style characters currently the closest they have is Chas and Debbie and that is not much of a comparison to what the others have or have had.
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely agree about Lisa.
  • Options
    Jade_StreisandJade_Streisand Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I agree that Emmerdale needs a strong female character, I had hoped Emma Barton might of been, but there's still time ^_^
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Emmerdale needs a strong female character, I had hoped Emma Barton might of been, but there's still time ^_^

Apparently strong ladies = psycho in soap **roll eyes**
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Well we all know that Emma is going to turn "psycho" over the weeks!!

As for a strong female - I always liked Diane....but she hardly appears these days!

Kim Tate was the last one I remember being in it as dominant.

In time, Chrissie might become Lady of the Manor, with cute and sleazy Robert at her side - who knows?

Personally, I would like Annie Sugden back to sort out the lot of them!! :p

PS: Don't know why I spaced all my sentences out! Too many sherries!!
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Yes, definitely! The Supreme Charity has left some massive shoes to fill, and there's really no one to do it.

Nicola is fantastic, but not in the same dominant way Charity is. Chrissie is promising, but we really hardly know her - shame they haven't written her better. I can't stand Chas. And I had high hopes of Emma, but they seem so determined to make her an evil loon, I've given up hope there really.

Every soap needs a brilliant bitch, and Charity is one of the best. I just want to see someone tough as boots, who can't be bossed around. Nicola is the closest they've got right now.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Rosemary King was Queen bitch for a short while! Shame she got killed off so quickly!
    I believe the actress (Linda Thorson of 'The Avengers') fell out with the producers!?
    Lady Tara was a bit too posh, and meek and mild.

Strongest female at the moment is Kerry!! Who'd cross that geordie lass??!