Chris Brown makes a new friend - Cheryl Cole

2»

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did he do to get her mad at him again?

I am wondering who thought it was a good idea for her to promote CB in the first place? I have been wondering if she was pressured to by the higher powers in the music industry, the way some of the people were getting exited over CB being at the Grammy's again.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/rihanna-unfollows-chris-brown-on-twitter_1327035

I don't know why she ever even did it. It didn't make sense to me at the time and it still doesn't now....I don't think they ever 'made up' tbh....one minute Rihanna is mocking his girlfriend and the next she's 'forgiving him' in a sex jam...doesn't add up to me...
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Ouch, he pretty much told her not interested.

From someone, who likes neither one, Rihanna or Chris Brown, and only follows what is on the main gossip sites about them, it looked like Rihanna wanted back together with Chris, and he wanted her propping him and promoting him. Had she wanted to forgive him, and let people know she is over it all, she would have written a longer tweet "Let it go, I have, life is easier when you forgive people". But 2 tracks and her dissing his current girlfriend just made Rihanna look like a lovesick puppy. :(
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Yes but the Birthday Cake remix backfired on so many levels, including a personal level for Rihanna...it's clear she's un-forgiven him after that whole freestyle mess.

Either way, it's a publicity stunt, and not really a good one either....she isn't exactly a force in maintaining successful relationships is she?

It did backfire, but at the time it was a public sign of forgiveness on the part of Rihanna imo.

Also, I'm not sure why the Daily Mail are just reporting on this now...the interview was at least 5 days ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    It did backfire, but at the time it was a public sign of forgiveness on the part of Rihanna imo.

Also, I'm not sure why the Daily Mail are just reporting on this now...the interview was at least 5 days ago.

The Daily Mail are too wrapped up with their obsession with the Kardashians, maybe that explains why they've taken so long :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking on what she actually said, I can't agree with her assessment at all... he hasn't shown any remorse and clearly doesn't intend on doing so any time soon.

Perhaps if he actually said he was wrong rather than adopting a "Everyone is out to get me" mentality, then people would probably as you say "move on".

Stupid idea to get into such an argument, even if someone asked her... she shouldn't answer that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I reckon Cheryl fancies Chris
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure that'll go down well with Rihanna then considering she can't seem to get over him:eek::p
    Forum Member

Or Cheryl might be willing to let things go as she has somewhat questionable past behaviour behind her too.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    To be fair, it's not like H'wood and the public hasn't forgiven abusers and disgusting all around people before. Sean Penn comes first to mind. Some people are celebrating racist, violent idiots in one tweet, and then hating Chris Brown in the next.

I know what you mean but I think this cause such a big deal as it was Rihanna who he beat up and shes a massive star, seeing pictures of her face messed up - people are going to have a reaction. Also hes a major teen idol type too which makes it really shocking. With actors they can mess up but disappear, work on a movie, have one big movie and everything is forgotten. but a popstar heavily relies on image and he damaged his majorly with what he did....and not just that but his various behaviour afterwards. He still appears to be an immature brat.
    Because so many young people look up to him I think it does matter that people have made an issue of what happened.
    Forum Member
    stash22 wrote: »
    I know what you mean but I think this cause such a big deal as it was Rihanna who he beat up and shes a massive star, seeing pictures of her face messed up - people are going to have a reaction. Also hes a major teen idol type too which makes it really shocking. With actors they can mess up but disappear, work on a movie, have one big movie and everything is forgotten. but a popstar heavily relies on image and he damaged his majorly with what he did....and not just that but his various behaviour afterwards. He still appears to be a violent, immature brat.
    Because so many young people look up to him I think it does matter that people have made an issue of what happened.

*fixed it for you* ;)

What you're saying is true. And I am hoping, that people like CB do have to carry the weight of being an abusive a$$ for years to come, he is an easy target for comedians, fellow artists etc. But if Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Mark Wahlberk etc still get work in movies, well, so should CB.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like he's deffo learnt his lesson. Not!!

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/brown_turns_testy_in_vegas_p61QKFFhxElyFFVAkFufXL#ixzz1vbppmLYy

I'm sure his rabid stans will somehow find a way to blame Rihanna for his behaviour. Rolls eyes.
    Anyway, Miss Cole is so wrong to liken Chris to people who actually redeem and rehabilitate and more importantly want to change. Chris' issue is his psychotic behaviour is enabled. From his hangers on, team ,peers and fans. I do not doubt there will be another incident soon.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, I don't rate any of the three that much but the only people who know exactly what happened that night are Rihanna and Chris, we have no right to make a judgement on him without knowing the full story, if Rihanna can forgive him, we should too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/brown_turns_testy_in_vegas_p61QKFFhxElyFFVAkFufXL#ixzz1vbppmLYy

I'm sure his rabid stans will somehow find a way to blame Rihanna for his behaviour. Rolls eyes.
    Anyway, Miss Cole is so wrong to liken Chris to people who actually redeem and rehabilitate and more importantly want to change. Chris' issue is his psychotic behaviour is enabled. From his hangers on, team ,peers and fans. I do not doubt there will be another incident soon.

What a surprise:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »

He's such an awful person.
    unclekevo wrote: »
    At the end of the day, I don't rate any of the three that much but the only people who know exactly what happened that night are Rihanna and Chris, we have no right to make a judgement on him without knowing the full story, if Rihanna can forgive him, we should too.

Except we do know pretty much exactly what happened that night...

http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-17-court-documents-of-chris-brown-rihanna-beating-released#.T7wJTUVfF2C
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or Cheryl might be willing to let things go as she has somewhat questionable past behaviour behind her too.

The difference is, Cheryl's incident was a one off. Chris Brown attacked Rihanna quite a few times. It's good that Rihanna doesn't have any bad feelings towards Chris now though.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    She makes a valid point though. If Rihanna has forgiven him, the actual victim in all this, and has gone as far to record a song with him full of sexual innuendos then maybe everyone else should move on as well.

I still don't understand why a reporter would ask her about the situation but there you go.
    I thought it funny (as in strange) at first but then I realised that Cheryl is at a stage in her career where all the questions are screened beforehand. She is not someone starting out who has to pander to the media. Whether people like it or not, she is the Nation's Sweetheart and reporters have to play ball.

Cheryl has declared Rhianna her "girl crush" and is a big media player. She is trying to crack the US and the more people she gets on her side the better. I think she wants to keep Rhianna sweet and that is why she said what she did.

One of the criticism's of Cheryl is that since her XF appearance, she has had a personality transformation. In her Girl's Aloud days she was very opinioniated and gobby but after joining the XF she only gave cliches and platitudes.

It's very strange that suddenly she would give a controversial opinion to a magazine. Either the mag is lying or Cheryl is playing the game.

It doesn't add up. Cheryl has played the "dignified silence" media game the last few years and worked hard to get rid of her gobby tag so it will be interesting to see things unfold and see why exactly she is defending someone like Chris Brown who has shown absolutely no remorse for his crime.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The difference is, Cheryl's incident was a one off. Chris Brown attacked Rihanna quite a few times. It's good that Rihanna doesn't have any bad feelings towards Chris now though.
    Cheryl's wasn't a one off. She walloped someone from school on a bus and also punched someone she was dating in the face when she heard they were back on drugs. I don't have the time to find links right now but Cheryl has always had an aggressive streak. For whatever reason violence seems to have been an acceptable part of her behaviour.

She only learned her lesson when after the toilet attendant incident it had serious repercussions on her life. She has said after that incident that she is still bitter and feels wronged and she gives off the vibe that she is not sorry in the slightest for battering someone over a lollipop but is only sorry for the inconvenience it caused her.

I do believe in giving people second chances but only if they want them. "I'm sorry for what I did and I hope that I never make the same mistake again as I don't want to cause anyone any pain" isn't the same as "I'm sorry for what I did and I hope I never do it again as it was a pain in the arse trying to recover from that".
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl has declared Rhianna her "girl crush" and is a big media player. She is trying to crack the US and the more people she gets on her side the better. I think she wants to keep Rhianna sweet and that is why she said what she did.

I think after years of getting into petty feuds with other females, I think she's quickly realised the advantages of having other big stars compliment you to the press all of the time. It's a form of promotion. It creates hype. It makes her appear to be the same league as them. As I mentioned in the Cannes thread - the entire DM article about the UK screening last night was full of what Cameron and Matthew etc think of 'our Cheryl'. She is a media player, you're right, but so are the stars who talk about her (to get in the UK papers). It's a win-win situation ;) :rolleyes:

I found it funny that Alexandra Burke called her out months ago about her taking to twitter to talk to her, yet ignores her personal texts. Burke made the comment that Cheryl doesn't have to make the communication so public lol :D
    It doesn't add up. Cheryl has played the "dignified silence" media game the last few years and worked hard to get rid of her gobby tag so it will be interesting to see things unfold and see why exactly she is defending someone like Chris Brown who has shown absolutely no remorse for his crime.

In this case though, I think she is just geniunely a fan of his. She's often talked about his music in the past.

And not only that, she could also be talking about herself (e.g. wanting certain people to move on from her past).
    Also, it was an opportunity for her to talk about her charity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why is it good?, she's let him off the hook !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl's wasn't a one off. She walloped someone from school on a bus and also punched someone she was dating in the face when she heard they were back on drugs. I don't have the time to find links right now but Cheryl has always had an aggressive streak. For whatever reason violence seems to have been an acceptable part of her behaviour.

She only learned her lesson when after the toilet attendant incident it had serious repercussions on her life. She has said after that incident that she is still bitter and feels wronged and she gives off the vibe that she is not sorry in the slightest for battering someone over a lollipop but is only sorry for the inconvenience it caused her.

I do believe in giving people second chances but only if they want them. "I'm sorry for what I did and I hope that I never make the same mistake again as I don't want to cause anyone any pain" isn't the same as "I'm sorry for what I did and I hope I never do it again as it was a pain in the arse trying to recover from that".

I've had fights in the past but I'm no troublemaker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundstory wrote: »
    Why is it good?, she's let him off the hook !

Because she's gotten over it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had fights in the past but I'm no troublemaker.

I remember once I got into an argument outside a club, the person attacked me first so naturally I hit back. Next thing, 2 coppers are splitting us up and we're at the police station - I was mortified. We both had to go to court and were bound over to keep the peace - that was 15 years ago and I have never been in trouble since.

It is possible to learn from your mistakes, whether you're a celebrity or not - and I don't think it's fair to bring up someone having scraps at school, it happens to the best of people.