✭✭
    It wasn't me! :blush:
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol that's funny
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I'd put £5 on it being a gang of Eastern Europeans.
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Des O'Connor got an alibi...? But seriously, is nothing safe nowadays?
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I'd put £5 on it being a gang of Eastern Europeans.
    A 32-year-old man from the town is in custody after being arrested on suspicion of attempted theft.

Have you been to Morecambe?? It is pretty English up there - chances are this was a prank gone wrong or a scrap dealer.....
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kelvo wrote: »
    Has Des O'Connor got an alibi...? But seriously, is nothing safe nowadays?

When gravestones are regularly smashed or knocked over.....sadly nothing is safe, I doubt it ever has been.....
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I always though the statue should have a movable mouth so you could ask what it thought of it so far :)
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy must of been an idiot to do it in the middle of the day. Not too far from me is the Henry Moore Foundation and there have been a few attempts to remove sculptures during the night, one successful. With the price of scrap metal what it is, obviously a nice little earner for the criminal minded.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman in the blue hat is obviously checking the statue out with a view to selling it to Philp's Scrap Ltd. She needs to be identified and brought in by the Morecambe constabulary.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Just free money sitting there waiting for some enterprising scumbag to make off with it.

I hate how statues and war memorial (and similar) are just seen as easy money, to certain criminals - Maybe we could have a crime of "diminishing society" for those that do things which make Britain a (slightly) worse place to live? And then give them a hefty sentence/fine (or a Des O'Connor LP).
  • karen_charnockkaren_charnock Posts: 1,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i live in morecambe and it is a busy main road with a taxi rank and car park right next to it. dont know how anyone didnt notice
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we need to look for someone with a very misshapen, oversized coat.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And a limp.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a disgrace