Options

Kevin future

12346»

Comments

• Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what changed in a year. Everyone loved Kevin last year, now some people are downright horrible about him. I'm not saying everyone has to like the guy but people are going way overboard.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I don't know what changed in a year. Everyone loved Kevin last year, now some people are downright horrible about him. I'm not saying everyone has to like the guy but people are going way overboard.

I agree, I don't understand the dislike, maybe it has something to do with his partner?
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In his first year Kevin was spared the intense dislike that often surfaces in relation to a new pro (Joanne got the worst of it this year), so it was almost inevitable that it would happen eventually - people are very fickle.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In his first year Kevin was spared the intense dislike that often surfaces in relation to a new pro (Joanne got the worst of it this year), so it was almost inevitable that it would happen eventually - people are very fickle.

If anything some opinions have become more entrenched. Cannot fault his enthusiasm, just wish it was less in your face OTT.
  • Options
    UafasachUafasach Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Kevin is a brilliant choreographer as well as an excellent dancer and Karen is as good as any or better than other pro's. Saying as you have said about 'Karen gets on my nerves' just tells me how ridiculous you are.

I find it difficult that ANYONE with sense could not see how brilliant Kevin is.

If Kevin is such a brilliant teacher and choreographer then he needs to let his students SHINE...not him. It's all about him and not his student, he over exaggerates his dances. I don't enjoy his dancing at all and unfortunately his fiancee is the same. She could be the best dancer and teacher in the world but she doesn't let them shine either. They have to remember that they are on a LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT programme and not on stage or in a proper dance competition. Also, his personality is like a 3 year old who has eaten too much sugar...
  • Options
    robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    Uafasach wrote: »
    If Kevin is such a brilliant teacher and choreographer then he needs to let his students SHINE...not him. It's all about him and not his student, he over exaggerates his dances. I don't enjoy his dancing at all and unfortunately his fiancee is the same. She could be the best dancer and teacher in the world but she doesn't let them shine either. They have to remember that they are on a LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT programme and not on stage or in a proper dance competition. Also, his personality is like a 3 year old who has eaten too much sugar...

He hs reached two finals, so his record is hardly poor, and as we now know, there were three other celebs with at least as much previous training s frankie if not more. So to finish runner up is no disgrace.
  • Options
    robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    Uafasach wrote: »

He has reached two finals, so his record is hardly poor, and as we now know, there were three other celebs with at least as much previous training as frankie, if not more. So to finish runner up is no disgrace. The same thing could be said of last year.
    Year three will be interesting though. One thing I would agree with....his 'wild enthusiasm' does appear to have increased somewhat from year 1.....and you don't see a pasha or kristina 'messing around' to that extent...
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I certainly didn't and nothing has changed my opinion, so happy to knock that theory on the head.;-)

His dancing is manic and I don't enjoy his performances whatsoever.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Are you sure about that? :confused:

Google......here I come. :D
    Jordan, 36, was offered a slimmed down role which would have seen him dropped as a celebrity partner, but still appear in show specials such as the Children in Need edition.

But Jordan, who has starred on the programme for eight years, turned down the offer.

A show spokeswoman said: "James Jordan was offered a role still on the show.

"It wasn't to be partnered with a celebrity, but it was to be involved in specials such as Children in Need, that sort of thing. But he declined that. He was offered a reduced role on the show."
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancing-james-jordan-3633033
    Are we in agreement now it was his decision to leave? :D Actually the role also included dancing in the pro dances and helping behind the scenes with choreography, a bit like Anya this year.

I was sort of the other way around. Having learned my lesson from my first impressions for Natalie Lowe, last year I sat on the fence about Kevin. This year though I thought he was great. Not amongst my favourite pros, but a real asset to the show. For me though, Karen is a different kettle of fish and I'm not keen on her at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    i really think strictly should consider to replace next year. He's a poor teacher!

You are wrong.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are wrong.

Excellant well reasoned argument with facts to support your hypothesis, well done.

This is after all a discussion board, standing in your corner shouting you are wrong forwards your case so well, how about supporting that statement and telling us why we are wrong?

I happen to believe Natalie is one of the best teachers the change she wrought in Michael Vaughn from his jive to his AS was nothing short of miraculous.

If Kevin has to stay next year which I really would rather not as I find him personally irritating and his manic dancing has spoiled many of the group dancers this year for me.

Then this year he is due a duffer and if he manages to get them to dance with some semblance of grace and flair then we can say he is a good teacher.

A good dancer no, I loathe his manic OTT dancing and find him one of the worst.

As it is he had 2, one with some previous experience and a huge personal following and one with a lot of previous training and a huge personal following.

He has been favoured over other pros over music choice and costume and hence has reached the final. I think this series was his to loose. Which he did.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »

He has been favoured over other pros over music choice and costume and hence has reached the final. I think this series was his to loose. Which he did.

I find this point hard to follow. The music he was given to choreograph to this year for a number of his dances was out and out bizarre - a Charleston to Happy Days was grossly inappropriate music. I regarded his Tango as a major triumph of choreography given the theme, tempo and mood of the Wicked music was completely wrong for the allocated dance. And I also fail to see how the repeatedly ugly trousers and, for e.g., appalling tee shirt he was lumbered with for his samba showed favouritism from the wardrobe department. Maybe you might follow your own advice and set out some facts to support your opinion or some might think your personal hostility to KFG is clouding your judgment :cool:
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

nope, not everyone!
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this point hard to follow. The music he was given to choreograph to this year for a number of his dances was out and out bizarre - a Charleston to Happy Days was grossly inappropriate music. I regarded his Tango as a major triumph of choreography given the theme, tempo and mood of the Wicked music was completely wrong for the allocated dance. And I also fail to see how the repeatedly ugly trousers and, for e.g., appalling tee shirt he was lumbered with for his samba showed favouritism from the wardrobe department. Maybe you might follow your own advice and set out some facts to support your opinion or some might think your personal hostility to KFG is clouding your judgment :cool:

I would suggest you count how many times he was front and centre in the group dances to see how he was favoured, I am not going to give you numbers but I KNOW he was there the majority of the time as I wanted to watch the others and he was there frequently with Karen, who together as a combination don't work well together as a partnership.

For Kevins tee shirt and ugly shirt one week , I would point you to almost every single costume up to the semi finals of Caroline, even her nice A S dress tried to kill her.

As for that Tango , I didn't think it went anywhere as a tango, he was hampered by the theming but with Frankies dramatic looks it should have been a tango full of flair and passion I think it was most memorable for its theming
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As Kevin is a wonderful dancer.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    I would suggest you count how many times he was front and centre in the group dances to see how he was favoured, I am not going to give you numbers but I KNOW he was there the majority of the time as I wanted to watch the others and he was there frequently with Karen, who together as a combination don't work well together as a partnership.

For Kevins tee shirt and ugly shirt one week , I would point you to almost every single costume up to the semi finals of Caroline, even her nice A S dress tried to kill her.

As for that Tango , I didn't think it went anywhere as a tango, he was hampered by the theming but with Frankies dramatic looks it should have been a tango full of flair and passion I think it was most memorable for its theming

BIB ....Exactly .... for me too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your thoughts were ludicrous.
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I happened to see both Kevin and Karen in a show a few months back, I was front row so very close to the action to watch their technique, footwork, leg action, isolation etc.
    They were brilliant, nothing short of sensational.