Options

Did anyone buy anything from the sales today?

Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I went but got there too late...everything was just about shut....

Comments

• Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to M and S to get some wine and looked around quickly when I was there.
    I bought three shirts for my man, some Christmas cards for next year and a load of half price candles.
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I haven't left the house today either.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »

Apart from walking the dogs neither have I
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, not been out of the house except to take daughter to work this morning.
  • Options
    D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was younger I used to love going to the shops with all my Christmas money to find a bargain.

Now, it really isn't worth the stress.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went for a walk with the kid, she spent some of her xmas cash at a boutique shop and on some hair dye. I picked up some dishcloths and egg cups from a little shop. We might go into town this weekend. I was disappointed that Aldi was closed today, I wanted to see if their xmas stuff was on clearance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Spare a thought for all the mugs queuing outside Next from 2am to buy stuff that should have been half price to begin with, or grab rails of market stall tat that they bus in specially given they wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of flogging it any other time of the year.

I queued for the DFS sale instead.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spent £38 on the Mothercare website, a few last minute things I need or new baby due next month.

Was incredibly disappointed with the online offerings to be honest.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't have the bloody energy to go shopping.

I did that on Christmas eve.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »

Neither did I.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon

Xmen first class and the latest one on Blu Ray
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon

Same here - last two seasons of Family Guy for £15 a pop. It's lovely shopping from bed :D
  • Options
    lustyrustylustyrusty Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I got some fabulous buys in Homebase of all places! Great storage boxes, Christmas lights and a massive drill set for my nephews birthday!
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    God no, shops should all be shut on Boxing Day in my opinion. I have some vouchers for Christmas but I won't be spending them until everything is back to normal and town is quiet again,
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did it all online.

Either had the best or the worst Boxing Day lol.

Got clothes, Sims 4 PC game, Ella Henderson & Take That tickets and an acoustic guitar.

£375 in total spent.

Like I said....either the best or the worst :o
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    God no, shops should all be shut on Boxing Day in my opinion. I have some vouchers for Christmas but I won't be spending them until everything is back to normal and town is quiet again,

Same. As a retail worker I know most shops won't ever shut for more than a day whilst there is demand for them to be open. If the store makes more than it costs them to be open then it counts as demand and they'll open again Boxing Day next year. I know as one person my contribution is negligible but I would prefer stores not to open Boxing Day at all, to allow people a proper Christmas break.
  • Options
    allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to my corner shop (Tescos) for a loaf of bread. Thought I had a spare in the freezer, gutted at my poor planning!
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is totally unnecessary going shopping on boxing day. What was wrong with going out on the 27th to buy your Christmas sales tat instead?, which was the case about 5-10 years ago? Got to feel sorry for the minimum wage retail workers who thanks to you, have ruined their Christmas again.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to one of the well-known department stores in town this morning to buy some gift vouchers for my friends whom I'd had a few drinks with later this afternoon. ( I had no time to do the last-minute shopping last Christmas Eve as something else cropped up, scuppering my well-laid plans that day.)There was some commotion in the handbag & shoe section where some women were screaming & swearing at each other, acting like a bunch of lunatics, really. Crazy & disgraceful.

It wasn't in London or America, just it happened in Dublin of all places. Sure, I've seen some TV images of bargain frenzy before but nothing like what I saw & heard this morning. The same thing happened with the news of some furore over the ever-diminishing stock of the Frozen Anna doll in some Dublin toy shop earlier this month.

Sad really...
  • Options
    ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought some boots that were reduced from £99.95 to £30! :)
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »
    It really is totally unnecessary going shopping on boxing day. What was wrong with going out on the 27th to buy your Christmas sales tat instead?, which was the case about 5-10 years ago? Got to feel sorry for the minimum wage retail workers who thanks to you, have ruined their Christmas again.

Gotta agree there. I went for a walk today and was delighted to see most of our local shops closed (including Sainsburys). FFS if you can't buy enough to cover two days' food, then how sad is that? And being a lazy cow at home and enjoying the festivities with the family is far more fun than traipsing around shops (and I speak as one who loves shopping!)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    DadDancer wrote: »

I was working today although the place was dead. Thankfully I don't work at a big shopping centre. I have the weekend off so I'll be shopping tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I haven't been out either..but i hope the sales still on tomorrow if i decide to pop out, have a nosey round then
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not today, but I'll be down my local camera shop tomorrow afternoon to spend my Christmas voucher :D
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was driving past Asda at about 10am this morning, had been open for an hour, car park was deserted, which is not even the case on a Tuesday at 02.00am. Needed a couple of bits, so nipped in quickly. Found a £29 suit. Proper men's two piece suit. Tried it on, looked fine - actually looks better than the £250 I bought last year. It wasn't actually in a sale, as far as I could see, was the normal price.

Needed a fourth suit for next year. Even if I get 10 wears out of it, for £29 you can't go wrong, but it looks better than the ones that have cost six times that.