Options

Does Dean actually believe he is innocent?

tullochstullochs Posts: 947
Forum Member
✭✭
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been so many threads on here already, for one: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2046668
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard to tell between in denial and not believing it. I don't think he genuinely thought it was a rape at the time. Maybe the truth will finally hit him and that's how we'll be expected to 'forgive' his character. Has ruined him for life in my opinion.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's up to the viewers to make their own interpretation but I've always thought he was delusional and doesn't think he raped her though he obviously did.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    tullochs wrote: »
    What do you think?

No, he does not. And there's nothing ambiguous about that on screen. Di Angelo is doing an excellent job with this and his portrayal is that of the manipulative sociopath.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I think he thinks he's done nothing wrong, and he may even start blaming Linda for giving him the "come on"....

That's why the questioning is going to be so interesting, as we'll find out a lot more about him by the way he acts with the pólice.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you think?

According to certain soap interviews they state that Dean believes the sex was consensual. That is all I am willing to say on this matter as it appears if you express anymore of an opinion it creates hell on earth! :(
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Dean is mentally ill and actually believes that Linda consented to sex with him.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I think Dean is mentally ill and actually believes that Linda consented to sex with him.
    CherryRose wrote: »
    According to certain soap interviews they state that Dean believes the sex was consensual. That is all I am willing to say on this matter as it appears if you express anymore of an opinion it creates hell on earth! :(

I completely agree.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    He knows full well what he did and I don't like the idea that he has to be coaxed like a slow child into "realising what he did".
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people just don't want him to know what he did, but it seems pretty obvious to me that he does know.

Unless he has selective hearing, he heard Linda saying no and yet he told his mum that she didn't say anything.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure. I think he was in complete denial to start with but more recently there have been indications that he is aware and covering his tracks. The only way I can see this one playing out now, given that it is his word against Linda's, is a second attack and Dean getting caught, leaving no doubt in anyone's mind that he did rape Linda. How that leads to an exit without criminal justice I don't know. I just wish they'd hurry up with it. Unlike some of you, I think Matt Di Angelo is totally out of his depth with all this as he is such a limited actor.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Sorry to all the people who wish he could be redeemed because he's hot, but he told Shirley that Linda never said "no", when she clearly did, loudly and numerous times.

He's lying, he knows he's lying, and therefore he knows he's guilty.
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Sorry to all the people who wish he could be redeemed because he's hot, but he told Shirley that Linda never said "no", when she clearly did, loudly and numerous times.

Exactly this. If he didn't realise he'd done something wrong then he wouldn't be lying about it.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    summer_ste wrote: »

Yes. I just want to see an end to this storyline and to see him get his comeuppance and disappear with any luck.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think?

If you bothered to read any of the other multiple threads on the subject, you'd already know what people think.