Options

Cash For Clothes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
Forum Member
From my understanding the candidates had a ton of clothes that they had to turn in to cash. why did the candidates not keep the good clothes and cash/scrap the rest? They'd have made well over £500.

I've had experience in scrapping a ton of clothes and selling clothes in the London area. Clothes on markets in London sell like hot cakes and the candidates would have found they'd have well over £500 if they scrapped just the clothes without selling them.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    That's a good point... I imagine that no one on either team realised that. The only person on either team who really had any experience was Patrick, and maybe he just hasn't done scrapping clothes before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a good point... I imagine that no one on either team realised that. The only person on either team who really had any experience was Patrick, and maybe he just hasn't done scrapping clothes before.

I understand that, but these kids can't honestly be stuck up their own arses... Right? We've all had to get our hands dirty at some point be it, scrap metal or/and scrap clothes. Patrick thinks he's a fashion designer but what he "designed" on Thursday wasn't nice.

I'm an IT consultant and if I were on this task. It'd have been straight call. We scrap the crap, and we go to Crystal Palace market and sell each piece of clothing for £2 but Africans would buy the lot in the space of 10 minutes and then off to the cafe for a cup of tea.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skandar wrote: »
    I understand that, but these kids can't honestly be stuck up their own arses... Right? We've all had to get our hands dirty at some point be it, scrap metal or/and scrap clothes. Patrick thinks he's a fashion designer but what he "designed" on Thursday wasn't nice.

I'm an IT consultant and if I were on this task. It'd have been straight call. We scrap the crap, and we go to Crystal Palace market and sell each piece of clothing for £2 but Africans would buy the lot in the space of 10 minutes and then off to the cafe for a cup of tea.

Very simple but can I ask what is your age ? You can't buy maturity and life experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    Very simple but can I ask what is your age ? You can't buy maturity and life experience.

You can't indeed by life experience nor maturity but depending on how you've lived your life is irrelevant to age.
  • Options
    AbMan51AbMan51 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Alot of the tasks have stipulations attached to them, they aren't really allowed to be that free thinking as you would in real business.

Also didn't they get these clothes from a scrapper anyway? He's not going to pay for them again is he?! :p