Especially the 3 girls in the sub team.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Yeah! So loud too!!!
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their attitude was appalling. They didn't do what they were asked to do and all of them should have been fired.

They were just lucky that the overall concept was better than the other teams.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Their attitude was appalling. They didn't do what they were asked to do and all of them should have been fired.

They were just lucky that the overall concept was better than the other teams.

I agree. They were like a horrible little pack of witches. they got it wrong and then just ganged up on the PM.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are women always so bitchy on the Apprentice? I find it quite distressing and unnecessary. The men always seem to be better at working as a team. It pains me to say this being female myself but the girls are so intent on trying to be strong and forceful that they come across really badly. Those 3 tonight were aggressive and nasty, too busy trying to stab their PM in the back.
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice just sat in a corner and sulked when she made mistakes. Didn't impress me at all this week, though I do have sympathy with the spelling mistakes if she is dyslexic. Ashleigh did nothing this week and had a ready-made excuse: "I'm rubbish at spelling" Not impressed. Amy wasn't great, but at least was prepared to take the blame in the boardroom.
    Big winners this week for me are Navdeep, Steven and Andrew.

Contenders

Steven (Came up with the winning formula and it was a very good idea. Tried to avoid conflict wherever possible. Had the best first two weeks by far.)
    Andrew (Told Sean he was going down a wrong road, even if Sean wasn't willing to listen. Did a fine job in the presentation, got singled-out praise. A contender for sure, shame he's up against Steven in PMing next week.)
    Navdeep (Came out as the best girl this week. Her pitches were excellent and she came out with good, relevant points for Lucy as well as reassuring her when things went wrong. Good episode.)
    Maria (Got the "Stop being so aggressive" fiery episode which has never hurt women in the long run [Joanna, Claire, Debra etc.] and though she made a mistake, she owned up to it and displayed competent pitching skills. Still in contention.)

Outsiders

Lucy (Mixed PMship at best. Did bring her experience to the table, but was fortunate she had Steven and Navdeep on her team and did a bad job with the sub-team. Can do better and I'm sure she will. Showed potential.)
    Ashleigh (Still an outsider in spite of her role in the bitch-fest due to the fact that she a good job with cooking and was shielded from most mistakes made by the sub-team, thanks to Alice. I remain unimpressed.)
    Amy (She had a good start last week, but went backwards with a prominent role in the bitch-fest. Still an outsider because she was also mostly shielded from the blame - again, thanks to Alice)

No-hopers

Patrick (Genuinely, the only candidate I cannot see winning. LS wants him GONE! If he hits the B3 again, he's gone and based on his first two weeks, you could hardly blame LS for firing him.)
    Alice (If she does in improve, I can see her moving out of the no-hopers, but she cannot afford a week like this one where she went all out to undermine the PM and this mostly originated from not being PM. Had a bad week.)

Unknowns

David (Simply can't judge him atm, as he did little in last episode. I agree with Karren that this was more down to him losing his confidence. I'll reserve proper judgement until after next week. LS did strongly emphasise he shouldn't be in the boardroom.)

Wouldn't be at all surprised if my current four contenders were the Final Four.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd defend the girls - I think it was understandable that they got a bit het up when the recipes were so late in arriving. That's what was responsible in the end for the spelling mistakes.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd defend the girls - I think it was understandable that they got a bit het up when the recipes were so late in arriving. That's what was responsible in the end for the spelling mistakes.

But the reason the recipes were so late in arriving was that they had failed to provide clear recipes in the first place, only a list of ingredients. They created their own problem - and, seriously, how difficult is it to run a spell-check?

That notwithstanding, the way they so pointedly were quick to pass the blame on to Lucy was appalling. Almost as cynical as some of their adult Apprentice counterparts - and Alice appeared to be the ringleader.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the reason the recipes were so late in arriving was that they had failed to provide clear recipes in the first place, only a list of ingredients. They created their own problem - and, seriously, how difficult is it to run a spell-check?

That notwithstanding, the way they so pointedly were quick to pass the blame on to Lucy was appalling. Almost as cynical as some of their adult Apprentice counterparts - and Alice appeared to be the ringleader.

Ah. I wasn't that clear on why the recipes had been late, so yes, that makes it a bit less understandable.
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Why are women always so bitchy on the Apprentice? I find it quite distressing and unnecessary. The men always seem to be better at working as a team. It pains me to say this being female myself but the girls are so intent on trying to be strong and forceful that they come across really badly. Those 3 tonight were aggressive and nasty, too busy trying to stab their PM in the back.

Why oh why do the females on the Apprentice think shouting =strong. The gang of 3 did not come across as feminist icons but as nasty girls. Alice seemed to willing the task to fail and made comments from the start to get the others on side. The smug smile when talking about the spelling mistakes was poor. Well done to the other 2 for helping Amy. The gang of 3 are heading for a fall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to the other 2 for helping Amy. The gang of 3 are heading for a fall.

:confused:

You mean Lucy? Amy was in the gang of three.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whuh? I might've missed something when I left to get a few slices of pizza, but, (and this is rare in the Apprentice!) I could sympathise with both sides.

I didn't think they left out the order of ingredients out because they were spiteful, or trying to show up the PM. It was an honest mistake, and probably a breakdown in communication. I didn't think anyone was being obstructive, or disruptive. They just plain didn't slot together.

Wasn't impressed by the prose, but the dishes were cool, they worked basically to the brief. They were also sent off to do a job they didn't have the materials to do. Alice's smile, I figured, was in genuinely good humour. Put me in mind of a Jon Richardson bit - "the only reason you would laugh, in that kind of scenario, is if something happened so often that you just had to learn to enjoy it." She owned her mistakes - even pointing out individual words she'd spelt wrong! I think the subteam wanted to be heard out, and they were frustrated because it wasn't happening - and the PM wanted the task done, and she was frustrated because that wasn't happening. Bit of a shambles, but I saw both sides. Breakdown in communications, faults all round, which I actually think the subteam were more inclined to own up to than the PM's. To wit, Amy and Alice both went "Yes! This bit was my bad," right in front of Lord Sugar.

I feel strange disagreeing with so many people, like there must be something I've missed, but I promise! This isn't me being contrary. Honestly, I was more expecting the thread to be about Lord Sugar's bizarre admiration for those volatile candidates who can railroad a task to failure through sheer force of will. It's a weirdly specific brand of Apprentice candidate, but one that comes up a lot. Melody was the worst in France, just as tricky to watch. Chatting about the Platinum subteam wouldn't have even occured to me!
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if my current four contenders were the Final Four.
    How terribly modest of you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unknowns

David (Simply can't judge him atm, as he did little in last episode. I agree with Karren that this was more down to him losing his confidence. I'll reserve proper judgement until after next week. LS did strongly emphasise he shouldn't be in the boardroom.)
    I'd have Andrew and Navdeep as my current top two, with Steven a close third. Totally agree that Patrick is a dead man walking. But still plenty of time for perceptions to change, obviously.

I thought they were a bit hard on David. It felt to me like the producers were desperately casting around for any evidence to shove into the edit to try to explain Sean's decision. Did David take more of a back seat this week? Yes, it would seem so. But equally Sugar had singled him out as being a source of conflict last week, and it seemed to me more that he was trying to heed that advice this week rather than it being an obvious loss of confidence. Of course, Karren would have seen more than we did while following the teams around, so her point may be perfectly valid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah. I wasn't that clear on why the recipes had been late, so yes, that makes it a bit less understandable.
    No worries. That's the way I interpreted it, anyway. It's one of those classic instances where a sub-team which (whether deliberately or unintentionally) creates a problem early in the task which rebounds on them later on, but it's easy to blame the effect (the delay on the other team getting dishes prepared) rather than the actual cause of the problem (providing ingredients not recipes). As is so often the case on the Apprentice, it's always someone else's fault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

You mean Lucy? Amy was in the gang of three.

Yes you are right my early morning post was too early. I did admire the way the 2 in the pm's team stood up for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How terribly modest of you :D

Whoops, meant wouldn't be surprised if anyone would be in the final four. Didn't post it correctly. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seemed like Alice was bitter that she wasn't chosen as PM. A total over reaction to Lucy saying 'whatever', seemed like she was trying to store up ammunition to use in the boardroom! Oh well, at least the sub team were proved wrong in the boardroom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice was the standout worst for me as well as jawline (sorry I forget her name) and Ashley.

Alice was not onlynasty but sarcastic and have they never heard of google scratch even a dictionary or thesaurus before? they were either being unbelievably lazy or just plain spiteful in an attempt to screw Lucky over.

Maria is the illegitimate birth child of a foghorn and a harmonica.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice nice as pie with her pm this week and no sign of her dyslexia. Nasty behaviour towards her pm last week seems even worse now. Ooh not to be trusted imo.